Best lord? Why?

How in God's name are none of you mentioning Celice, who can single-handedly trivialize more of Gen 2 than Sigurd can Gen 1?

Because Celice doesn't start with Sigurd's horse and bases, and Gen 2 has several characters roughly on par.

Marth's actually not that bad. In FE1 and FE3, everyone caps their stats at 20, and his growths aren't bad, so he can turn out ok. In FE1, only he can use the Miracle Sword. And in the reamkes he can use Forged Rapiers and has decent growths so while he's certainly not elite, he can be useful. FE12, he gets access to the Shield of Seals, which gives a +2 bonus in every stat, gets rid of pesky Earth Dragons, and is exclusive to him.
This. I always felt Marth was underrated and too often put in the same level as Lords that he's better than. Edited by Rody 7

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Celice doesn't start with Sigurd's horse and bases, and Gen 2 has several characters roughly on par.

Leg Ring, Knight Ring. Fair point on the bases, but the enemies are generally worse (only by feel, I could be 100% wrong) and you can easily hand down a 50+ kill Silver or Hero Sword.

These aren't tied to the character.

Being so good that it's easy to solo/trivialize with a character isn't the same as setting up a character to solo.

Many of these other lords that are being mentioned can't even be set up to solo their entire game. I never said Celice was better than Sigurd because, frankly, he's not. All I was complaining about was everybody fapping to Sigurd with nary a mention to Little Sigurd.

Off topic rulleeezzz.

Severlan just ruined this thread.

I'm gonna use his logic to argue that Dagda is the best lord.

I shouldn't have to say that his bases, movement, and weapon selection last him pretty much the whole game despite his growths, but this topic does ask why so I'll just state the obvious here.

But there is also the aspect of being, you know, a lord. Dagda has his own mansion. He has servants of his own which he works like dogs so he can live comfortably. You wouldn't expect this of a man like Dagda, but it's true.

There is also a whole chapter dedicated to Dagda protecting his mansion. I would say, protecting the house which you'd be considered a lord of should be high on the priority on things a lord should do.

He then goes and helps Leaf and the rest of the police force, because they helped him so he helps them.

After doing that, he returns to his home and starts working the brigands again and beat them into making his land nutritious and healthy.

If I ruined the thread, Rody just redeemed it with insurmountable logic. In other words, spectacular.

(I wonder what house I am lord of? No house at all. I am a humble middle class student of poor education. I wonder what my responsibilities should be? Whatever responsibilities those I trust most present to me!)

Interceptor: This is why people don't invite you to parties.

LOLOL. That's wat u think, Interceptor. During college, people invited me semi-constantly and I tell them to leave me alone, cuz I h8 (h9 even) parties. Except the ones my parents throw with other adults, those tend to kick ass. Good food, smart people, laid back atmosphere, and I get at least the illusion of offering assistance in running the party. Cook good food, lay out the tableware, take care of dog, etc etc etc. But if it's people I really care about, who I don't see that often, I make a point of going, even if it's not the kind of atmosphere I enjoy and it's filled with people I don't know. I'm committed to a party right now, actually; I don't think I'll like it, cuz it's a pool party and I'm not that big a fan of them, but I want to see my friends having fun.

Now, there are some parties where I really can't tell wtf is going on with the people in them, or wtf they want. I really don't like those parties. I can't stand people who don't make their preferences clear to me. *Looks in mirror*

FE9 Ike is in the same boat, except that he really doesn't tower over your units until after Chapter 17(when he promotes and finally has access to his broken Occult skill)and he doesn't get Ragnell until 1.5 chapters before you face Ashnuts.

Hmm, in easy and normal I feel like while he doesn't exactly "tower", he still kicks ass. Hard more, you may have a point, but I feel like he's very good (maybe Titania, Oscar and Boyd are better at combat?) from the point of taking command of the mercs until getting to Begnion. Plus you have a lot of your best people, like Shinon and Gatrie, running off and you have some new guys who can get good but start kinda meh.

Maniac, JP only? Never played that. For all I know Ike is terrible there???

I'm not going to mention anybody else. But let's just say that Marth, Leaf, Roy, and Eliwood are mediocre. And in the case of Marth and Roy, they suck to the point where you shouldn't put a single drop of EXP on them.

Hmmm, the sad thing, IMO, is that if Intelligent Systems had just let Roy promote earlier, he would have been really great. I mean, far from the best, but IIRC his stats are better than Lance's. Sure, no horse, stuck with swords, but all in all he'd be quite good, especially with the sealed sword, if they had just let him promote earlier.

Egh. Wishful thinking.

Many of these other lords that are being mentioned can't even be set up to solo their entire game. I never said Celice was better than Sigurd because, frankly, he's not. All I was complaining about was everybody fapping to Sigurd with nary a mention to Little Sigurd.

2133867222_b7012d1418.jpg

Sigurd is a great candidate for factual best. I notice you have a consistent problem with people "fapping" at quality stuff. Edited by Rody 7

asdf

I know Sigurd is the best. I cannot dispute that Sigurd is the best. Let's leave that out there.

What I can and am disputing is all this "second place to ike/hector/whatever you want here" for gameplay reasons.

Edited by Integrity

Best: Sigurd no doubt, mounted and never dies.

Favorite: Eirika, Micaiah, or Sigurd.

2isidg0.jpg

LOLOL. That's wat u think, Interceptor. During college, people invited me semi-constantly and I tell them to leave me alone, cuz I h8 (h9 even) parties. Except the ones my parents throw with other adults, those tend to kick ass. Good food, smart people, laid back atmosphere, and I get at least the illusion of offering assistance in running the party. Cook good food, lay out the tableware, take care of dog, etc etc etc. But if it's people I really care about, who I don't see that often, I make a point of going, even if it's not the kind of atmosphere I enjoy and it's filled with people I don't know. I'm committed to a party right now, actually; I don't think I'll like it, cuz it's a pool party and I'm not that big a fan of them, but I want to see my friends having fun.

I can tell that they didn't rub off on you very much.

Now, before you make a post of "are you implying that I'm dumb?" let me preempt you and say that yes, that's exactly what I'm implying.

Edited by dondon151

All I was complaining about was everybody fapping to Sigurd with nary a mention to the fucking saint.

Because Celice is being compared to gen 2 characters like Arthur and Shannan that like to wreck shit.

I like FE9 Ike after Sigurd. For gameplay reasons, I mean for plowing through chapters like Day Breaks.

Edited by Chalis

And while Ephraim has extremely good combat, he is outdone by guys like Seth, Joshua, and Duessel.

Cute, but no. Ephraim shitstomps Joshua. He has 1-2 range, Lances instead of Swords, a Prf weapon that OHKOes every Cavalier and Knight between Frelia and Rausten, a mount on promotion, better HP, strength, luck, defense, and resistance, and Siegmund. Aside from like, midgame Mercenaries and Myrmidons that Ephraim won't double, Ephraim is wiping the floor with Joshua.

If you put an Elite+Leg Ring on Celice he'll be 20 by the end of chapter 6 anyways. Beginning of chapter 7 via arena the latest.

Since when was Celice a single lady.

If you put an Elite+Leg Ring on Celice he'll be 20 by the end of chapter 6 anyways. Beginning of chapter 7 via arena the latest.

I actually just did that today.

Of course, nobody else got any kills bar Oifaye's one knight kill and Fee getting to kill Johalva's squad.

Sigurd's definitely the best lord in the series, with FE10!Ike, as well as Sigurd's son Celice in a close second. Bases really do help the guy out. And dat horse. He's definitely your best combat unit in FE4 part 1 at least until Levin gets his hands on a Pursuit Ring and Holsety.

As far as favorite lord goes, if it's between Sigurd, Ike (both versions), Lyn, Eliwood, or Hector, I can't choose. Those guys stuck out the most to me.

Sigurd. Not only does he have great stats, growths, an awesome weapon all game, and is already promoted, he's got a fucking horse. You just can't top that.

Ziguludo is a pretty cool guy, eh dies and doesn't afraid of anything.

Dat Sigurd.

It's not because he's a younger, medieval/fantasy Yang Wenli or anything. Honest.

SEISEN IN SPACE

Edited by TheEnd

For this one I pick Ike. I like how he's the only Lord who's not actually a Lord (meaning he's not a member of a ruling house). Unlike most of the other Lords, not much effort needs to be put into Ike to make him kick ass. In other words, he's easier to train than most people. And Ike doesn't end up dying like Sigurd or Hector. I don't care how badass Sigurd might be if he just gets killed anyway.