Alondite vs Wyrmslayer

You know, Othin, from an outsider's point of view you seem to be lashing out at people for suggesting quick, relatively painless strategies for a chapter the OP finds difficult.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, Othin, from an outsider's point of view you seem to be lashing out at people for suggesting quick, relatively painless strategies for a chapter the OP finds difficult.

I read it as "Hey you lot, Stop being Stop Having Fun Guys!" :/ Its not hard to come to that conclusion after reading debates on playstyle and stuff. ;)

I read it as "Hey you lot, Stop being Stop Having Fun Guys!" :/ Its not hard to come to that conclusion after reading debates on playstyle and stuff. ;)

I just read it as immaturity or social idiocy on the debater's parts and just move on with my life =/ No need to go throw around the "stop having fun guys" stereotype that is so horribly overused here. Different people, different kinds of fun, different styles of play. Yes that even means some people, like dondon, actually find it fun to find the most turn/money efficient way with 0% growths. There's seriously no other reason to do that kind of thing mind you.

How are we "STOP HAVING FUN GAIZ!!1" for recommending a quick and easy strategy for someone who wants help on this chapter? :mellow:

Yes that even means some people, like dondon, actually find it fun to find the most turn/money efficient way with 0% growths. There's seriously no other reason to do that kind of thing mind you.

Was that sarcastic? Applause, for lack of a better term, is the other reason. Yes, when your chief competitor is yourself, you still can, assuming you take the time to post on your progress, have a fanbase watching you excel, and knowing that there are others to show this to on the internet may or may not play a role in motivations to do challenges that stretch the credible limits of how one can achieve victory in a game.

Edited by Blue Mars

How are we "STOP HAVING FUN GAIZ!!1" for recommending a quick and easy strategy for someone who wants help on this chapter? :mellow:

LOL You guys get reaaal defensive when someone says that doncha? I wasnt saying you ARE Stop Having Fun Guys, i was saying that, that is how i perceived his argument. That HE reckons you lot are SHFGs.

Look, I wasn't interested in starting some huge debate over this, and I'm not going to participate in the one that's forming. I'm just saying, keep in mind what other playstyles are much more common than your own. If you're sure you're already doing that, then there's nothing left to discuss.

That's all.

Was that sarcastic? Applause, for lack of a better term, is the other reason. Yes, when your chief competitor is yourself, you still can, assuming you take the time to post on your progress, have a fanbase watching you excel, and knowing that there are others to show this to on the internet may or may not play a role in motivations to do challenges that stretch the credible limits of how one can achieve victory in a game.

I think I understand myself better than you do. Recognition is great and all, but most FE games stopped being challenging for me awhile ago. I wouldn't cite applause as a major contributor when my fanbase may be only 100 anonymous individuals on the internet.

Edited by dondon151

What's disturbing is that what's now dismissed here as "unnecessary", treated almost as a sort of deviant behavior, is stuff that's normally just considered a part of the game. And sometimes some of the best parts of the games; often a fun chapter can be warp-skipped, but that doesn't mean it should be, that there's anything "wrong" with doing it normally; it doesn't mean there's anything "wrong" with actually playing the damn game.

This applies to playthroughs both for absolute efficiency and not-so-absolute efficiency. Ranks exist to show how much more there is to a game. On an actual ranked run of a game like FE7, you have to get items to fill Funds, train your characters to fill Exp, and sometimes that's at the expense of Tactics. Because the gameplay is defined by doing stuff, not just the few things that lead you directly to the stated objective.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking your time or anything like that. In fact, not many of us, if any of us, actually mind that you do that and consider it "wrong". It's outsiders that misunderstand our intentions thinking we're a bunch of a morons dictating how others should play, when it is simple sound advice and honest and un-biased criticism.

By "unecessary", I mean it's literally unecessary. You don't need to spend countless turn to raise a character that will turn out mediocre to be able to beat the game. It can serve for entertainment purposes, yes, but it's not necessary for a relatively easy and effortless clear. You can still play how you want to without me or the others thinking you're doin' it wrong.

dondon I want to see you make an HM 0% growths using Leo, Meg, Fiona, Astrid, Lethe, Kyza, Lyre, Oliver, Kurth, and Rolf Mist ;w;(none of them can die)

You should try Berwick Saga it looks hard ^^

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

True ^^' I took 30 turns milking 1-7 for Fiona, Meg and Leo but mainly Fio on my first PT. I remember I wanted everyone at the same level idk why ^^' but it was very fun by endgame everyone was 3rd tier. I didn't play semi-efficiently until after I joined SF but I like playing both inefficiently and semi-efficiently its what makes this game very fun to me ^^' I'm better at inefficiency though.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking your time or anything like that. In fact, not many of us, if any of us, actually mind that you do that and consider it "wrong". It's outsiders that misunderstand our intentions thinking we're a bunch of a morons dictating how others should play, when it is simple sound advice and honest and un-biased criticism.

By "unecessary", I mean it's literally unecessary. You don't need to spend countless turn to raise a character that will turn out mediocre to be able to beat the game. It can serve for entertainment purposes, yes, but it's not necessary for a relatively easy and effortless clear. You can still play how you want to without me or the others thinking you're doin' it wrong.

This. You said it far better than I did.

Haar? Royals? Overrated. Real FE players use Meg (who's... actually not that bad).

On a slightly more serious note, how does "unnecessary" suddenly translate into "deviate behavior"?

Edited by Radiant Kitty

^^ You should try it. I think raising her would be hard at first (lack of bexp) but she'll grow solid eventually I think, by spoonfeeding. Though i'm sure she's alot easier to train than some of the DB like Laura, Leo, and Fiona. Fiona is the most challenging to train for sure.

Oh and Ilyana because even if she gains speed she'll never have enough.

dondon I want to see you make an HM 0% growths using Leo, Meg, Fiona, Astrid, Lethe, Kyza, Lyre, Oliver, Kurth, and Rolf Mist ;w;(none of them can die)

That's not possible, but more importantly, it's not fun, which is a necessary condition to anything I do.

That's not possible, but more importantly, it's not fun, which is a necessary condition to anything I do.

QQ how about a non 0% PT without top/high tier roster (only Ike allowed) and a forced bottom tier character? (Fiona)

QQ how about a non 0% PT without top/high tier roster (only Ike allowed) and a forced bottom tier character? (Fiona)

That leaves him without Sothe, though. HM Part 1 without Sothe with 0% growths doesn't sound fun.

So, back on topic, I wonder why nobody (unless I missed it) mentioned Vague Katti, considering although the topic asks between Alondite and Wyrmslayer, the first post just asked what to bless. And if Mist is brought, Wyrmslayer + VK is better than Wyrmslayer + Alondite. The only thing blessing matters for is stuff with mantle, and VK does more damage.

Vague Katti was mentioned once or twice, I believe. Although I don't know why someone would choose to bless Alondite over Vague Katti either unless they had a strategy in mind that required Alondite's 1-2 range to defeat one of the bosses (which seems unlikely to me).