Anyone else think the non-kill criticals look better than the killing ones?

Just saw a video displaying all of the criticals in the game... and the majority of the time, I thought the non-killing ones looked much better. Like the elemental mages, they performed the Sage critical from the GBA FE, with the throwing around little dots of light. Not sure of any other good comparisons off the top of my head, but it's a shame that they seemed to make the ones that trigger more often the less interesting ones (or at least I never seem to trigger a critical without killing someone).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with you,

a lot of FE9/FE10 criticals I have never even seen in the games, I've only seen them on YT

I love Izuka's non killing crit / druids killing crit. it's flux! Srsly, purple blob power!

Izuka just has awesome criticals. Druid was a bit underwhelming on the non-killing side, but it was still pretty cool. Man, why couldn't we have gotten Druid instead of a Dark Sage. I like Pelleas, but wish he was a Druid, even if he'd look a bit off as a Druid. Maybe the weight of the tomes causes Druids to hunch over like that. :P

And yeah, seems odd. I mean, I love having more attack animations as a whole, but I wish they'd just randomized the criticals, since it's really hard to get a non-killing critical.

What, a playable Druid? I think the main issue is that without a third tier, it's pretty much useless. Here's hoping the next new Fire Emblem we get plenty of Shaman/Druids, both playable and otherwise. Or just people who use Dark Magic, I guess, could introduce some sort of new class, hopefully as fun to watch in action as a Shaman/Druid at least.

Huh? What do you mean? I mean, I like them having two different, but not sure why they needed to do it that way. Maybe I'm misunderstanding it though.

Oh... yeah, that'd be much better. Though if you just switch the two I'd probably be glad with that personally. :P Although I'm not sure if I'd like the new critical for Saints and such. Pretty big fan of the glowy circles, though Sages looking better would make it so I'd probably be fine with that.

*Just realized why there are two different critical animations for each class*

I thought i was the smartest person alive when i figured this out in PoR haha

Maybe I should redo that thing. I can finally upload more than 15 minutes on Youtube, compared to that time. And I have a Hauppauge now instead of a Dazzle which I had to upscale.

Looks fine to me. :P Didn't realize Micaiah had unique spell animations though. Guess I never managed to critical with other Light Magic characters, and just assumed it was the same because she used Corona, and all the ones who use the same Mastery Skill have the same critical. Like her non-killing animation.

If you are going to remake it, you mind performing Lehran's Corona with a Dark spell? Curious if it looks any different with a different spell type. Probably not, but he's the only one who uses those criticals that can use something other than Light. :P

If you are going to remake it, you mind performing Lehran's Corona with a Dark spell? Curious if it looks any different with a different spell type. Probably not, but he's the only one who uses those criticals that can use something other than Light. :P

Not any different at all. XD

Eh, doubted it, but was hopeful maybe I'd get lucky. :P With so few Dark Magic users in this game, it'd be nice if at least one of them had a little personalization in their animations when it came to using Dark Magic. Guess not, but not surprised by that any. :P

Of what I've seen I just got excited when Arch Sages deal critical hits and activate their mastery skill. I also think RD's criticals lack a bit of excitement, I mean...err...when I played PoR, I got cheered up when my units landed a critical hit, maybe because of the loud sound it made and the white-bluish splash on the enemy. LOL

Heh, at least for me, it's not that they lack excitement, just the ones that are the most flashy are the ones you'll see less often, if ever. Or are enemy only... Druids! Darn you, and you too Izuka. Some of the coolest criticals, and not only are they next to impossible to actually see happen, they're only on the bad guys.

You know, I liked how smooth the animations in general were in FE10 compared to FE9.

If only we could hack FE10 to the point of what we can do on the GBA.

Man... FE9 with FE10's battle animations. Goodness... that would be pure awesomeness.

I really think in many ways I like RD's animations most of all out of the series. Looked back at the pre-GBA ones, but definitely don't appeal to me. The GBA ones are quite nice, but... RD's look... like actual fighting, really. A little more movement, a little less static. Small things too, just in the way they walk or move. GBA ones win in terms of flashiness, and I definitely wish RD had a bit more flair to their attacks, but still, doesn't mean they aren't incredible. Have yet to see SD's attack styles, though everyone seems annoyed at how they did it. Heck, had a hard time finding ordinary pictures of the various classes. Are they colored based on the unit, like in the GBA ones, or are they just static based on the class and side they're on? Actually... probably not the best place to ask, got lost in my train of thought. :P

Like the elemental mages, they performed the Sage critical from the GBA FE, with the throwing around little dots of light

God i love that. I squeed when Soren did it. Also when a peg/seraph knight does a non-fatal crit, they spin around on their mount like a piledriver. Its pretty neat.

Hey anyone mind posting that vid with all the crits?

Pretty sure he was asking for a link to said video, not if he could post it. :P

should be the one. It has links to the second and third part as well. Loved Sages, but never gotten them to perform one. :P Doesn't help the only enemies with enough health to not get killed by three attacks are oftentimes too high on the luck scale to get criticaled. But yeah, looked awesome. Wish they had done the six dots a bit faster, but not complaining, looks awesome. :) Also like how the killing critical for sages has a circle underneath like Shaman/Druids. Can't really tell with the way the angle is normally. Wish they had left the non-killing and killing the same, and just had the difference be the non-killing didn't use the glowy circle, and maybe the killing threw out the dots faster.