LP: No Restart Run

how fucked am i  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Normal or Hard?

• My Little Pony
    • Super Meat Boy

This may become a recurring thing.

Anyway, I was talking about how shitty my first runs were recently, and then I realised something.

What if permadeath in theory was, well... permadeath in practice?

What if you couldn't restart?

Death would have emotional impact rather than being an inconvenience. Battles would be hard-fought and hard-won.

Character death would seriously hurt again.

I want the fields to be coated in blood.

I want corpses littering the plains.

I want tattered banners flickering in the wind, widows crying as the news reaches them.

Welcome to the No Restart Run. I will be video LPing this.

I'm kind of thinking of having a draft without restarts.

Whoever gets the farthest wins. Tiebreaker would be turns taken to get there.

Good luck with this LP, I hope I'll be able to follow along regularly. Given your LP history, it should be a great experience.

I want the fields to be coated in blood.

I want corpses littering the plains.

I want tattered banners flickering in the wind, widows crying as the news reaches them.

I like.

I'll follow along with this, it sounds interesting.

Marth and MU I'll restart from the last save point. I'll be using battle saves (well ideally won't be /using/ but you get me), and I won't be doing anything like "Well there goes Vergil OH NO IN MY GRIEF I PLACED MARTH IN RANGE OF THOSE EIGHT ICE DRAGONS guess I'll have to restart~"

Edited by Furetchen

Having just started no-reset runs of FE8 and TRS, I say: hell yes, and do Hard Mode. I'll have to do the same when I get around to playing all the way through FE11 and FE12, now that you mention it...

My personal rule is that any characters that die stay dead - in the case of a Game Over, they just have to get killed off again. I've also been tossing around the idea of having to kill off another character I brought into the chapter on the next attempt if I ever do have to restart, which is pretty much what happened the one time I had to restart anyway. (Eirika died Turn 1 of Ch8 because I wasn't paying attention, then Lute died on the next attempt to the same enemies because I didn't bother doing much of anything differently.)

My other casualties so far are Vanessa, because "hey let's have her do some chip damage to this archer wait what multiplier does FE8 use for bows again?" and Seth because of a crit from Gheb.

Edited by Othin

You should probably do Hard mode. Since on Normal with no restarts you'd still likely not lose anyone except weak characters that auto-join at the chapters start(Like Macallen and Tomas) or a misplaced Pegasus Knight to a bow user(unless it's Palla in which case she'd probably still survive).

If I remember correctly you haven't finished your other playthrough of this game yet...

So go finish that first!

You get three playthrough slots. That is a screenshot LP. This is a video LP. I really fucking love FE12. So, no.

And arvilino makes a good point, there needs to be actual carnage, but Hard's winning anyways.

I really fucking love FE12.

Me too. Me too. It's like they took everything great about FE7 and FE11 and made it into one awesome package.

Tbh, H1 for difficulty. I'm familiar enough with H3, and I'd get my ass kicked doing a no-restart run, if not due to random crit-blicking. Oh hey, Sirius is dead from a 5% crit, and now I have no...good...promoted...unit...damnit.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I would lose anyone in Normal Mode. I play recklessly, but even so most deaths come from ambush spawns.

So yeah, going with that, if a fucking 19-5 count wasn't enough already.

(Still keep voting because why not)

Hey, I finished one of these a few days ago (on FE8). Then I learned that I REALLY suck at FE when it comes to no reset runs (which is why it was so fun). Good luck with this, I'll be eagerly watching these videos.

Although if you could, er, be swift with moving all of your units and the like, that would be much appreciated.

EP Movement (but not attacks) off, animations usually off, and I use an aggressive playstyle. The MU is a female cavalier. Yes, I doubt this will be too slow.