Mafia of the Manly Men

Excellen Browning

Ok then, how do you propose we get past RVS? We could have the host come in here and yell at us about how stupid RVS is, we could talk some more about Elie's claim, though I think at this point I'll believe it, or we could talk about something else. Like carrier pigeons. Carrier pigeons are useful things. What do people think is the best way to use them? In the Homestuck game, I ended up not using mine as much as I probably could since I was new to mafia. After having played an OC game though, I can see how they might be very useful, especially as the game goes further on. What do other people think?

Excellen must be laughing at the RVS. Too bad he's a host and can't say anything until postgame! :)

Personally, I don't mind RVS as long as the town doesn't lose sight on why we do it. First, since it's a Day 1 start with no N0 night action results, so we have nothing but meta and weird behavioral / scummy things that come up, hopefully when someone gets voted.

In Homestuck I didn't really talk with anyone except for my kid buddy Rein, you and eclipse which lead me to ask whether she was scum or not (I was question asker) since I was getting scumtells from her. Anyways, I think CPS can be used to better coordinate town once there are confirmed!town people (almost like town leader). Since CPS doesn't stack, as town, I'm sure it's fine to talk to anyone you want to.

##Unvote: scorri

##Vote: Strawman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iris, what is your reason to vote for Strawman? You said that even randomvotes can have some contrived reason behind them, and that they shouldn't be RNG-based, but the only possible one for Strawman is that he hasn't posted yet. And if it doesn't have any reason behind it at all, just because you didn't use a RNG to come up with Strawman doesn't make it any better than a RNG vote.

Iris, what is your reason to vote for Strawman? You said that even randomvotes can have some contrived reason behind them, and that they shouldn't be RNG-based, but the only possible one for Strawman is that he hasn't posted yet. And if it doesn't have any reason behind it at all, just because you didn't use a RNG to come up with Strawman doesn't make it any better than a RNG vote.

It was a reaction test, and now it's not much of one anymore. Anyways, I voted him because we were scumbuddies for quite a few games, and I wanted to see what he'd say. Mostly, he's inactive scum and intentionally lurking scum, though.

But reaction tests with no reasoning behind them are dumb. Why should Strawman pay any attention or react at all to a randomly placed vote with no reasoning behind it?

But reaction tests with no reasoning behind them are dumb. Why should Strawman pay any attention or react at all to a randomly placed vote with no reasoning behind it?

IIRC, Strawman does pay attention to these votes.

because rng said so

You should already know that the RNG is a major troll.

##Vote: Camtech

For believing in the Random Number Goddess. Die you heretic

Yes, to clarify, I'm Town!Miller. My role that would show up when scanned would say ITP!SK. So I'm led to believe that there actually is an SK in this game, because of my role.

That being said, take my claim as you will. The reason I claimed miller already is obvious, and although I really would prefer the cop scan someone more mysterious, I have no problem being scanned, since this is what would show up. It's Day phase though, so we can't run a scan for a while.

You'll be able to prove your claim later, so don't worry. =P

Also noob question but, what's a Miller?

It was a reaction test, and now it's not much of one anymore. Anyways, I voted him because we were scumbuddies for quite a few games, and I wanted to see what he'd say. Mostly, he's inactive scum and intentionally lurking scum, though.

How can you say that? I mean, he's only made one post and we are still on page 2...

Also, I believe in Ellie too. Scums wouldn't want to make gambits so soon.

Also noob question but, what's a Miller?

Miller. Unlike the standard miller, where they will scan Mafia, Elieson will be scanned as Third Party Serial Killer.

How can you say that? I mean, he's only made one post and we are still on page 2...

Not really sure what you're saying, I think you're misconstruing what I said. Straw hasn't posted as all, and I'm referencing other games, not this one.

@Hosts: how often will you do votals?

Hello all!

##Vote: Strawman

Hello Iris! wink.gif(we have lousy winky face emotes on this forum ugggh)

BBM, I'm flattered you're defending me like this. wub.gif You're like my knight in shining armor. :/

Because Strawman reacts to all votes in him, BBM.

IIRC, Strawman does pay attention to these votes.

You know me too well, Iris. I'm too narcissistic to not pay attention to votes on me, even RVS votes and random reaction test ones.

Plus if you don't specify anything in your vote, its not like I know what reaction you are/aren't looking for so scum!me wouldn't be able to accurately gauge how to respond to such a vote, thus meaning I might slip up and give a scum tell or something. Sometiems reasonless votes serve a purpose BBM, but not so much when an objective third party comes in and questions them. Nothing against you though, i can see why you would call out a reasonless vote like that after Iris just called RVS dumb and stuff.

Anyways, really all I can say at this point is because of my tendency to believe in the good of people, I will take Elison's claim as is. Also outing early as a miller(or something like miller) is common town miller play and so far I don't think I've seen a mafia/third party try and emulate it. Thank you, Elieson.

NewYearsEmoticon.gif For some reason I just feel so happy right now!

Ok then, how do you propose we get past RVS?

Bring info to the table, vote policy lynchs or something or post a random vote to your eyes but put some bullshit reasoning behind it Idk but we are already past RVS now so it's pointless.

If there is an sk in this game I want us to look into roleblocking Elieson. I am inclined to believe his role of miller that shows ITP however he seems to know that he will show as ITP!SK. I was under the suspicions that most millers just show their win con changes, not what role they actually show as. Also his post saying that because of his role he thinks there is an SK seems sketchy to me. If an SK flips from 2-3 kills in a night phase I feel we should do something about elieson if we have something we can actually do to him, be it roleblock, track, etc.

While it makes sense for there to be a SK if Elieson shows up as one on investigation reports, in SFM, the mafia could Tailor someone into a Cult role, even though there was no cult in the game. The confusion that even the possibility of a SK brings is still helpful to the mafia. Well, we'll know if there are multiple kills at night.

@Strawman- Fair enough. Sorry for spoiling the test, Iris.

@Shinori- How will a vote with bullshit reasoning help us get past RVS? Only a real vote can help do that, and if this real vote has horrible reasoning, then the person who makes it ends up looking scummier.

Psych will be subbed out automatically if he does not show activity within 36 hours since phase start or requests to be subbed out. I remember him saying he might be active in SSBU mafia, so I'll give him a chance at least.

Oh hi guys! To whom it may concern, I'm feeling better, so I should be around a little more for this game and not sub out for a change.

I trust Elieson he's way too paranoid of a person to gamble like this he's a good monocled family man that's too honest to lie!

##Point My Sword At: Bizz

Miller. Unlike the standard miller, where they will scan Mafia, Elieson will be scanned as Third Party Serial Killer.

I suppose there's a Serial Killer, then. But that, too, will be revealed during the next phases, so I'll be focusing on other things for now (as scumreading, which I'm terrible at).

If there is an sk in this game I want us to look into roleblocking Elieson. I am inclined to believe his role of miller that shows ITP however he seems to know that he will show as ITP!SK. I was under the suspicions that most millers just show their win con changes, not what role they actually show as. Also his post saying that because of his role he thinks there is an SK seems sketchy to me. If an SK flips from 2-3 kills in a night phase I feel we should do something about elieson if we have something we can actually do to him, be it roleblock, track, etc.

Excellen could have changed that on this game. This isn't too conclusive imo...

Also.

Unvote

##Vote: clipsey/b]

Talk. I really miss you, you're always giving out good info/reads for us.

^ that was almost an OMGUS vote

NewYearsEmoticon.gif For some reason I just feel so happy right now!

cringing

Hello Strawman, pleasure to know you're joining us.

##unvote: Strawman

okay that wasn't scummy, that was just creepy

Bring info to the table, vote policy lynchs or something or post a random vote to your eyes but put some bullshit reasoning behind it Idk but we are already past RVS now so it's pointless.

Again, it's kind of hard to bring information to the table on a D1 start.

Oh, in SFM, scorri was a godfather, remember? And that game had a rolecop, not a regular alignment cop, so I assume in games with just alignment cops, the role has to be particularly scummy, too. Elieson implies there is one.

While it makes sense for there to be a SK if Elieson shows up as one on investigation reports, in SFM, the mafia could Tailor someone into a Cult role, even though there was no cult in the game. The confusion that even the possibility of a SK brings is still helpful to the mafia. Well, we'll know if there are multiple kills at night.

In KRRM, the SK only killed on even nights.

I think I follow you Iris.

I assume this game has a fullcop, because I can't think why else an alternative alignment/wincon AND an alternative role both be already preset in my rolePM.

I also believe in the potential existence of an SK because it seems as though I'm built to be framed over a real SK. I know it's a hunch, but it makes sense when you read my actual rolePM.

But nothing can be proven until at least the next day phase anyway, so as brad said, it's not gonna do us much good to theorize about it too much, until we have reason to/proof showing it.

Does anyone else have anything to bring to the table, aside from RVS?

Theorizing about a potential SK is a waste of time.

I agree with this statement.

Anywho, ##Vote:BBM

I still find it kinda weird you so passionately questioned Iris' vote on me when you hadn't done that to anyone else's non justified votes. I think I could see why you would do it, I'm just not sure if I see why you did do it.

Theorizing about a potential SK is a waste of time.

Please then Paperblade, indulge us in your godly wisdom. Explain to us what else we have to talk about? You want to talk about the miller claim? Well that's what we were doing along side the possibility of an SK. You want to scum hunt? Oh that I want to do so why don't you get to it, your vote is still on nightmare who obviously isn't here at the moment whereas you are. You could move your vote and ask someone else questions. Why not do it?

Please if talking about what we have been talking about is a waste of time, give us something new to talk about.