Mafia of the Manly Men

Excellen Browning

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinori, what does talking about SK right now really accomplish though? Its not like anyone knows(well, if there's an SK they would know but duh) so pretty much all anyone can say is "I dunno and Elison's miller thing does/doesn't make it seem more/less likely" and those aren't really opinions that get us anywhere when scum hunting or even in just general discussion anyways.

Talking about a theoretical wolf and what his role might entail is pointless. It doesn't help us because it gives the mafia something game related to bullshit about with honest opinions but doesn't actually further the gameplan of the town. I really don't care if you think there might be an SK because of Elieson's role, because the number of people that think one way or the other doesn't change the setup.

It gives us current reads on what players think currently. That's why I say it's something to talk about. As it's better than nothing. Mafia will just end up talking about it anyway now so that won't change the fact at all. If we don't have anything else better to talk about talking about this still gives us people stances and their thoughts on this and may lead to other conversations.

I agree with this statement.

Anywho, ##Vote:BBM

I still find it kinda weird you so passionately questioned Iris' vote on me when you hadn't done that to anyone else's non justified votes. I think I could see why you would do it, I'm just not sure if I see why you did do it.

Was I questioning it passionately? o_O I just didn't like that Iris had said one thing and then was doing the exact opposite.

As for my reads atm, like I said, I found that Iris thing a bit suspicious at the time, but the point you made afterwards was valid. I suppose the effectiveness of that type of reaction test depends upon the player against whom it's being employed.

Also, Eclipse, Helios, and Aere have posted only to make a random vote, and Psych, Nightmare, and Bizz haven't posted at all. I might be missing someone else, but just counting those people, that's nearly half of our players who've done nothing or close to it. I don't think there's a point to inactive voting any of the latter 3 at this point in time, and as for the former 3, Eclipse and Aere at least made their random votes at the very beginning when nobody else had posted yet. Helios came in just an hour and a half ago, when we were moving past that stage, and just dropped a one-liner about Elieson's claim, made a randomvote, and then left. So for now ##Vote: Helios

Lol, that was just me having fun with wording. Though it was a bit more, huh whats the word, uuuh...devoted, I guess would be a somewhat decent word, than I usually expect to see so early.

Thank you for your additional input as well.

##Unvote

HI EVERYONE I AM HERE AND I AM READY FOR ACTION

the first thing I would like to say (after skimming through the posts--I'm leaving soon oops) is that theorizing about third-parties in general is a scumtell. I would keep an eye on whoever mentioned it first

##Vote: Iris

until I can get any better reads, heeheehee

I'll be back soon~

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it first. If I was scum I would have just mentioned it in my scum role pm to my other scum and wouldn't have said anything here and would have just let the town rot in random vote stage of worthlessness.

Or bring it up under the pretense of promoting town discussion. But, eh.

I'm not sure how often I actually see the people who bring up numbers/third party/whatever discussion actually turn up scum, so I don't think I'll take it all too seriously this early on.

Totally scumbuddying Iris. 100% Scum team is Myself, Iris, Paperblade, Levy, Nightmare. We just trolling everyone have fun with that.

Oh and Elie pidgeoned us and told us he was actual SK. There ya go games over gg town wins.

How the fuck bizz does me saying "If I was Scum I myself would talk about the SK situation in my mafia role pm" or whatever I said buddying iris when I was the person who fucking brought up the SK in the first place and I myself was the one pushing for it to be talked about instead of talking about nothing.

Your argument is illogical congratulations.

The point is that we can't prove that there is a SK or not, so it's pointless to discuss about it now. We could discuss about something else, but I'm not sure what we should talk about. I always sucked at digging information with no clues, hence why I'm waiting for the inactive players to show up.

After everyone posts, we can go and make a questionary about what the players think about the game in general. Or something.

lmao shinori, calm down, I'm not even being that serious this early in the phase. I'm just searching around for reactions so that I can have better reads.

Your defensive attitude is only making this look worse for you.

The point is that we can't prove that there is a SK or not, so it's pointless to discuss about it now

^^^^

Not only that, but it IS pretty easy to make it look like actual discussion when it really isn't. Although I guess it's more of a scumtell if people imply that a cult exists; I'm just using this is a general rule here because I do see a fair amount of people that attempt to throw suspicion upon thirds that might not exist end up being scum

I'll be honest, I don't even know what the fuck my role does. I'm still waiting for a response from our mod.

And no I'm not defensive and you can call me scummy for acting how I am all you want I just chose to point out the fact that your argument is illogical.

Not to mention I'm attempting to get reads and reaction tests of which I'm getting quite easily. I noticed this from me in higurashi and from Excellen himself in other games, people to react more/better if you are aggresive to a certain extent.

Whoever said RVS ended was a liar.

##Vote: Iris

until I can get any better reads, heeheehee

I'll be back soon~

Somehow I knew you were going to vote for me! o:

Or bring it up under the pretense of promoting town discussion. But, eh.

I'm not sure how often I actually see the people who bring up numbers/third party/whatever discussion actually turn up scum, so I don't think I'll take it all too seriously this early on.

Yeah, definitely, at your first point.

I've never been sure why numbers is a scumtell, iirc, it was a huge issue during Touhou mafia, and Shinori was worried me and Proto could be scum, and eclipse was like: "Calm down." Worth mentioning that Proto did actually turn up scum in that game, I think. Plus, Blitz tends to mention them a whole lot, when he's usually town.

I'll be honest, I don't even know what the fuck my role does. I'm still waiting for a response from our mod.

And no I'm not defensive and you can call me scummy for acting how I am all you want I just chose to point out the fact that your argument is illogical.

Not to mention I'm attempting to get reads and reaction tests of which I'm getting quite easily. I noticed this from me in higurashi and from Excellen himself in other games, people to react more/better if you are aggresive to a certain extent.

I don't really think you should say anything about your role, since even a smidge of what your role is helps the mafia.

Not really. It works for Excellen, since he's Excellen. I'm sure someone's bound to think you're scum if you act this way, though. I wouldn't advise the swearing, there are children in here like Cam, it just makes people more irritated with you, including town.

After everyone posts, we can go and make a questionary about what the players think about the game in general. Or something.

Apparently a study shows that... well, Postgame Redux: Episode Two, that scum tends to do this sometimes to fit in and such, along with lists. Actually, in my past experiences, I don't recall them [the questions] normally being scummy, but it's true that they can be seen as a guise to look like they're trying to fit in.

Iris. I ALWAYS LOOK SCUM. If I always look scum I figured I might as well play to what I like best. And that would either be lurk or be aggressive and see what I can prod out of people.

And mafia can think what they want about my role I could care less. Town's always irritated at me, I don't care, whether I'm scum or town. I find it easier to just get the info I feel for my reads so that I can tell people my reads before town inevitably lynchs me.

It gives us current reads on what players think currently. That's why I say it's something to talk about. As it's better than nothing. Mafia will just end up talking about it anyway now so that won't change the fact at all. If we don't have anything else better to talk about talking about this still gives us people stances and their thoughts on this and may lead to other conversations.

No, it's not better than nothing. It clogs the thread up with useless bullshit that makes it harder to reread. Don't talk just to talk. I could talk about my day and that would tell you what I'm thinking but it wouldn't offer anything. Shut up about it and talk about something else. Yeah mafia COULD talk about it but if people weren't playing poorly it would reflect badly on them. Instead when everyone does it they get to blend into the crowd.

Here, I'll change the subject for you: I think you're scummy for encouraging stupid role speculation less than 24 hours into Day 1. ##Unvote, ##Vote: Shinori

I don't see anything wrong with you, except that you're being too defensive, but maybe that's just how you play. I remember you did the same thing in Higurashi Mafia (but I don't remember if you were scum or not), so I think that's just your playstyle.

My only problem with all that "There can be a SK" is that we're losing time with something that could or couldn't be. Instead, we should focus on more concrete stuff and ignore all the substantial stuff for now. I think people picked on you because of it for the possibility that you may be misleading us and making us discuss about a substantial thing. =P

No, it's not better than nothing. It clogs the thread up with useless bullshit that makes it harder to reread. Don't talk just to talk. I could talk about my day and that would tell you what I'm thinking but it wouldn't offer anything. Shut up about it and talk about something else. Yeah mafia COULD talk about it but if people weren't playing poorly it would reflect badly on them. Instead when everyone does it they get to blend into the crowd.

Here, I'll change the subject for you: I think you're scummy for encouraging stupid role speculation less than 24 hours into Day 1. ##Unvote, ##Vote: Shinori

What happened with the guy who said "Don't vote people for being stupid"?

No, wait, you actually said "bad logic isn't necessarily scummy". Why are you going agaisnt your word?

i'm on my phone right now.

I know role hints this early are bad, but I feel like I should say this: it's semi-likely that I'll be dead tonight. I don't want that, though. I'm not really going to reveal any more unless I want to.

I don't think I'm playing this role correctly to be honest but a start is a start.

i'm on my phone right now.

I know role hints this early are bad, but I feel like I should say this: it's semi-likely that I'll be dead tonight. I don't want that, though. I'm not really going to reveal any more unless I want to.

I don't think I'm playing this role correctly to be honest but a start is a start.

I didn't understand what you said but ok.