Rate The Unit: Endgame

The issue with Brave Bow is that it's B Ranked and Leo starts at a paltry D. Considering most people aren't going to use him seriously in Hard Mode, he'll be lucky to even reach C Bows.

Shinon kind of likes the Brave Bow too for when he is a little short on ORKOes with Silencer (it does happen) or for Swordmasters.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut up Crash.

As for this RTU, yeah Nephenee and Callil are too high, and Naesala > Tibarn is just "wut".

Don't you think Tanith's also too high? Personally, I can't see her really deserving almost a full point over Skrimir.

Never played FE9, but doesn't his nickname come from him saying something like "if you ever have need of a fireman, contact me?" Extinguisher doesn't sound right in that context, and frankly extinguisher implies putting out literal fires just as much, if not more, than fireman does. Fireman is certainly the more appropriate name for someone who puts out metaphorical fires.

I guess that's just up to different interpretations of the word. But I'll put it this way, to extinguish has a definition that means simply to put an end to, which fits Volke. These are the definitions of fireman:

: a person who tends or feeds fires : stoker

: a member of a fire department : firefighter

: an enlisted man in the navy who works with engineering machinery

: a relief pitcher in baseball

But really, it's all personal preference.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Kids.

I was there when the grand Eliedon was typing up the first RTU ages ago.

We took it seriously, but after awhile it got to the point of being ridiculous(Wil topic).

And, I must say, the fe8/6 RTus were peaceful, due to Integ crushing all arguments.

Seriously though, you kids should just vote however you want, with justification.

Dude, you are such a hypocrite. You've been here for less than a year, yet you have the nerve to call people 'kids' and newbies?

Good job for finally getting this done!

I bet your enjoying the fact that you don't have to post another RTU thread...

Yes. Yes. Yes.

It's like I've found heaven now.

Even with the bias, Calill was still overrated. She should be about between Makalov and Kieran.

Omg so much. Shes kinda hard to get going. Even more than Soren because of her availability issues.

ve never played FE10 Hard Mode

Neither have i and haters gonna hate.

I didnt vote on some of the Endgame guys (Dragons) because i dont really use them. Im glad Gareth is so low though because hes...lol.

I guess maybe Calill got so high because she's arguably the best endgame mage, she got a lot of positive bias, and Soren got quite a bit of negative bias.

I was thinking, does Leonardo really deserves a low 2.5? He's a sucky unit and I don't really like him, but he gets a few nice toys to play with like the Lughnasad and the brave bow. His part 1 performence is not good, but I don't think its that horrible.

It's unlikely Leonardo will get the Brave Bow for keeps, and even the Lughnasad or however that's spelled doesn't quite help him with doubling so much because his speed is so low.

and Soren got quite a bit of negative bias.

I know....makes me sad. Calill can be really good, i wont dispute that. But she requires a LOT of love to make up for her availability issues. If Paragon wasnt a thing, i dont think people would have rated her so high....

I guess maybe Calill got so high because she's arguably the best endgame mage, she got a lot of positive bias, and Soren got quite a bit of negative bias.

I dunno if it's just me, but I didn't see too much negative bias in Soren's thread...

I dunno if it's just me, but I didn't see too much negative bias in Soren's thread...

There was plenty. Lots of people dont like him for some reason. :P:

Fiona is higher than i thought! lol!

To be honest, save for a couple of people that could be shifted around a bit, i think the ratings are good enough. I agree with id say...95% of it.

Tanith? Possibly, but to be fair flying is kind of awesome in certain chapters like 3-11. Pity that her combat is kind of mediocre.

Dunno, transfers Tanith is pretty badass.

Dunno, transfers Tanith is pretty badass.

She's definitely a lot better with transfers. Vanilla Tanith just kind of strikes as "okay" if it wasn't for her flying skills.

Tanith joins a circumstantially good time, when fliers and maybe Titania are the only ones who are going to make it to the other end of the map in a reasonable timeframe due to pitfalls. I don't think she's too overrated considering she's as strong as a trained Marcia. Actually my feelings on a vanilla Marcia are more of an "okay" than vanilla Tanith, but Marcia gets a few more chapters to work through.

The issue with Brave Bow is that it's B Ranked and Leo starts at a paltry D. Considering most people aren't going to use him seriously in Hard Mode, he'll be lucky to even reach C Bows.

I thought we assume that characters in question are being used throughout, since that's the only reason my Gareth vote was kicked.

Lol I bet you guys were dreading my appearance. WELL I HAVE ARRIVED. Ok... RTUs, where do I start hrmg. Oh I know.

The single, biggest, problem with RTUs were the fact that the majority of users who participated in them have never played HM. It's a effect that's been reinforced after I replayed through HM again. Users try to refute, but at the end of the day cold hard experience matters of theorycrafting. The are a few exceptions to this rule, but for the most part we had users using the NM experience and "hard modifying it.

The second biggest problem we had was bias. There was just so much bias. For the sexy characters. (99% of the guys on this site have tried to make a harem party, I know it) for the characters that they think are badasses... the bias was fucking annoying. Furthermore, there was the asinine acceptance of vote "bending." I'm going to give this character a low score because people are overrating them! That's pathetic... it's sick even. We shouldn't condone biases.

The 3rd problem was inconsistency. Please refer to the Soren & Calill threads (again) and the Tibarn thread. It's simply hilarious how inconsistent the RTU voters were. On some days unit length matters and on others it doesn't. I'm not even going to touch the Nolan / Sothe / Nailah bs. I'll accept that it was a small fuckup since they're all good, but if you've played HM and you haven't mastered it then Sothe is pretty much required for 90% of part I and most of Part III.

4th: Massive amounts of PEMN. "Lol I think Tibarn is a shitty unit but I use Tanith and since she does well I think she's a better character." That was probably the worst offense (no offense dude!) and general obscenities like that. I don't like how you're backpedalling Lucina. If these threads weren't mean't to be taken seriously, then why did you enforce strict rules and expect users to comply with them in order for their votes to be accepted? Transfers were barred from these threads so we weren't allowed to use em. Sheesh.

If I come across as some infallible god... please, do yourself a favor and stop taking everything I say too seriously. I've made some mistakes too. (giving Neph a 7+ bias, LOL.)

Edited by Starwave

Lol I bet you guys were dreading my appearance. WELL I HAVE ARRIVED. Ok... RTUs, where do I start hrmg. Oh I know.

The single, biggest, problem with RTUs were the fact that the majority of users who participated in them have never played HM. It's a effect that's been reinforced after I replayed through HM again. Users try to refute, but at the end of the day cold hard experience matters of theorycrafting. The are a few exceptions to this rule, but for the most part we had users using the NM experience and "hard modifying it.

The second biggest problem we had was bias. There was just so much bias. For the sexy characters. (99% of the guys on this site have tried to make a harem party, I know it) for the characters that they think are badasses... the bias was fucking annoying. Furthermore, there was the asinine acceptance of vote "bending." I'm going to give this character a low score because people are overrating them! That's pathetic... it's sick even. We shouldn't condone biases.

The 3rd problem was inconsistency. Please refer to the Soren & Calill threads (again) and the Tibarn thread. It's simply hilarious how inconsistent the RTU voters were. On some days unit length matters and on others it doesn't.

4th: Massive amounts of PEMN. "Lol I think Tibarn is a shitty unit but I use Tanith and since she does well I think she's a better character." That was probably the worst offense (no offense dude!)

If I come across as some infallible god... please, do yourself a favor and stop taking everything I say too seriously. I've made some mistakes too. (giving Neph a 7+ bias, LOL.)

Wrong, the single biggest problem with RTUs is that people think that they should be anything other than what they are: popularity contests.

Hmm...do you want to go back to some characters and remove bias points? Boron (Xin Li, as you know) and I did that for the FE9 RTU endgame thread before we just gave up.

Hmm...do you want to go back to some characters and remove bias points? Boron (Xin Li, as you know) and I did that for the FE9 RTU endgame thread before we just gave up.

I honestly thought the RTUs should stay as they were in the beginning. They were intended to have bias and such, otherwise it turned into another tier list.

The 3rd problem was inconsistency. Please refer to the Soren & Calill threads (again) and the Tibarn thread. It's simply hilarious how inconsistent the RTU voters were. On some days unit length matters and on others it doesn't. I'm not even going to touch the Nolan / Sothe / Nailah bs. I'll accept that it was a small fuckup since they're all good, but if you've played HM and you haven't mastered it then Sothe is pretty much required for 90% of part I and most of Part III.

4th: Massive amounts of PEMN. "Lol I think Tibarn is a shitty unit but I use Tanith and since she does well I think she's a better character." That was probably the worst offense (no offense dude!) and general obscenities like that. I don't like how you're backpedalling Lucina. If these threads weren't mean't to be taken seriously, then why did you enforce strict rules and expect users to comply with them in order for their votes to be accepted? Transfers were barred from these threads so we weren't allowed to use em. Sheesh.

Rate The Unit topics

Serious Business

I honestly thought the RTUs should stay as they were in the beginning. They were intended to have bias and such, otherwise it turned into another tier list.

That's a great point. We were only curious to see what the scores would look like without the bias, though, but the argument going on in the thread made us stop.

Oddly, Rhys didn't change at all.