Shows that you think you wasn't going to like but you did?

Gold Vanguard

Simply watching anime does not make a person one.

Ya, it also involves liking the anime.

EDIT-Probably The Wire and Gundam Unicorn. Definitely didn't expect The Wire to become my favorite show, and didn't expect Gundam Unicorn to be so pretty.

Edited by L1049

Ironically enough, all the shows I love have started as this (with very few exceptions). The most recent case is Neon Genesis Evangelion, the first episodes were plain and boring imo, until the plot developped and after some character development... Now I love it. =P

Ironically enough, all the shows I love have started as this (with very few exceptions). The most recent case is Neon Genesis Evangelion, the first episodes were plain and boring imo, until the plot developped and after some character development... Now I love it. =P

As long as no one ruins it for you, Eva is probably the most unexpected anime I've ever seen. I didn't see anything coming.

Probably any romance show I've ever seen, anime or not anime. Always thought they'd be really stupid and cheesy, but I end up bonding with the characters and feeling for them. Friends is probably the biggest example of this, because I thought it was stupid until a couple years ago and then started watching it religiously.

Full Metal Alchemist (both the 03 and Brotherhood versions) were probably the biggest surprise though; I thought they'd be like Naruto and Bleach, but man was I wrong. Brotherhood is one of my top 5 favorites now.

Game of Thrones. I had seen a couple of premium channel serials in the past (and Red Shoe Diaries) to know theres a lot of nookie going on in those shows. I tried watching a lot of the more recent ones like True Blood, Sparticus, and Rome and got annoyed with how much sex was in there and not enough plot. So i was skeptical about Game of Thrones. People were going apeshit over this show and i was all "i just...dunno..." and i asked them about the amount of sex in it and they said it was more minimal than the other shows. (Boardwalk Empire withstanding because really...not a lot of nookie in that one.) So finally, i bring up On Demand and watch the first season....

I think we all know how this story ends. :P:

I'm going to have to be cliche and say My Little Pony. There is the male bias against shows aimed at women, but the main hesitation was knowledge of SUPER AWESOME QUALITY (

) the previous incarnations demonstrated. I finally buckled down, watched it, and enjoyed it. It's a well-made show, it does not pander, and it does not treat its audience like brain-dead idiots. The characters are entertaining, interact with one another, develop, have flaws, and are distinct from one another. I would recommend people watch it. And that is it, not get obsessed and freak out about how awesome the show is...I'm not insane. 0_O;

The other is probably Avatar: The Last Airbender. This would be during my "any show on nickolodeon/Cartoon Network now is garbage rawr" phase, I've had a few phases of raw idiocy and prejudice towards shows. I decided to sit down and watch it, and found myself really impressed. I basically went in blind, and I don't regret it.

Most other series I tend to do a lot of research about before watching. That or I act on recommendations, and that sometimes does not end well...there are a lot more series that I ended up not caring or despising that I went in blind to.