Where did you learn of Serenes Forest?

Gold Vanguard

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and an online friend (goes by the name of Allan's Aokage here) were discussing FE7 shit on MSN. It went a little something like this:

Me: i could really do with a map or something to show me where the items are on this desert map

Him: this should help http://www.serenesforest.net/fe7/desert.htm

Me: that's perfect cheers

Him: while you're there maybe you should join the forum, i already have

Me: where is it?

Him: tab at the top of the home page

Me: i'll give it a try i guess

Me: fuck what username should i use?

Him: favourite FE character?

Me: uhh, Rebecca

Him: favourite male FE character?

Me: Raven

I think it was through the Nsider forums (though at the time Serenes had no Forum). I was interested in PoR and asked about it in the Nsider forums and they led me here. Months later after getting PoR and Nsider closing i found this site again and decided to join the forums.

I used to use FEPlanet as a resource back when it was more obviously updated, but later on Serenes was a lot more informative. I used to only use the site to look up hidden treasures in the desert and especially hidden tile items in FE10, but Awakening's Japanese release prompted me to sign up on the forums. I'm not really dedicated to fandoms so this is sort of the only FE-related place I go to, and fandom related thing in general aside from iROWiki I guess.

Don't remember, sadly. All I know is that I came back when I heard of a SD tournament (which never happened), but stuck around anyway in the hopes it would materialize. Then FE12 was announced, I waited for more news, and here I am.

I learned about this place during my stay at Fire Emblem Empire, although I wasn't too active on that site since I was only there for the sprite boards. After a while I was noticed by Dei or TheBlindArcher or whatever you want to call him and he suggested that I go here if I really wanted to become a better spriter. So I left FEE, joined up here and I haven't left since.

I knew the site back in 2007 or perhaps even before. The first time I actually did something on it was when I provided a lot of info about the NA version of FE10 to VincentASM, such as the three personal weapons you get in 3-6 and a lot of localizations.

Didn't really feel like becoming a member until FESS closed shop, mostly because I wasn't that interested to continue being in the community for a while.

Sweet, I finally remembered why am I even here...! Someone at the Chrono Compendium posted a Youtube vid of MK404's Blazing Sword hack, since it had Chrono Cross characters in it. Curious, I clicked it over, and eventually found the link to the hack's thread. Though finding the main site useful and interesting, I didn't joined the actual forums until some time after, but that's another story.

• 3 weeks later...

I first learned of Serenes Forest way, way back when it was still known as Angel Sword: Memories. Vincent had a link to it in his signature on FESS. I still occasionally chuckle when I think back to the time some of the so called Serenes veterans objected when Josh made me a mod on the grounds that I hadn't been around very long even though I was using the site long before they even heard of it. :Kappa:

I still laugh about this.

I heard about it on a dead forum I still go to(Idk why I do but meh) anyways Another member told me about it an Being the FE nerd I am..I had to sign up.

Lol, everyone comes from dead forums.

I obviously heard about the site during my time at FESS when it was still Angel Sword. It was extremely informative even back then, but it was on a shitty free host and domain. I approached vincent about hosting it and then eventually convinced him that a forum was a better idea than a guestbook. XD

I meet Avyen Knight during in the FE Wiki in April 2011 and then, I found his site in June 2011 (which I founded out that Vincent was "Ayven Knight" that I meet) for helping the FE wiki to expand stuff like minor characters, items, etc. and then, I joined in this website in August 2011 and then helped out.

Edited by Dread Fighter Alm

My way of finding this place was nothing special...if anything, the same as most people. FE Planet was dying and when I started playing FE6, their guides were nearly 0% complete. I then finally decided to look at their affiliates and found Serenes, which had ALL the info I needed to get through the game without missing divine weapons, etc. After a year or so of using the site's resources, I finally decided to lurk around the forums for a few days and joined the community afterwards.

Edited by Magnus Blade

I don't really remember, but that should be through a link on AceNoctali's website, back when it was still called Angel Sword.

I've lurked here and on FESS for a while, and one day I finally decided to join.

This is actually my first forum.

Instead of lurking, you should learn to play BlazBlue competitively and show up to your local tournaments :P

haha well maybe I should give that a shot sometime, even if I would be likely wrecked could still be fun

I don't really remember, but that should be through a link on AceNoctali's website, back when it was still called Angel Sword.

I've lurked here and on FESS for a while, and one day I finally decided to join.

This is actually my first forum.

Lol, the first iteration of FESS was my first forum. Glad you decided to give us a try though.

haha well maybe I should give that a shot sometime, even if I would be likely wrecked could still be fun

It takes a while of practicing to get decent, but it's totally worth it and the community is pretty fun to be around in person. Hit me up on Dustloop.com if you ever decide you want to try learning.

It takes a while of practicing to get decent, but it's totally worth it and the community is pretty fun to be around in person. Hit me up on Dustloop.com if you ever decide you want to try learning.

yeah it will take a lot of practice but I will try to get half decent it does look like it would be more fun to go to a actual tournament rather than just netplaying at home. and thanks for the offer