FE: Awakening Hard Mode Tier List

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intelligent use of the Levin Sword that Gangrel drops, the Killing Edges I've gotten (all two of them, though really only one because Lon'qu used up most of his), + Rescue Staves giving nice experience for her, and good use of Strength Tonics, have made my Anna stay relatively competitive with other units as a supporting combat unit (her Skill bases and Skill growth is on the high side which helps give her more chances to proc a Dual Strike as the supporting unit), and level-wise, until I cleared Chapter 19 (the Chapter where I can finally buy Killing Edges).

Giving her an Energy Drop or propping her up on Strength Tonics is also something that will help her out. Otherwise, giving her Avatar Support can also boost her Strength, even if by a miniscule 1-2 points depending on the class of the Avatar in question, the Avatar's strength growth will almost always be pretty decent, no matter what you do, so she's guaranteed some boost.

In the end, the Peg. Knights will be much better offense-wise, which is why I support moving them above Anna, but Anna can be decent in combat if you let her.

Anna's only problem is IMO her supports

She is arguably the best default supporter for MU though.....

My only problem with her is because the only LS you get is from Gangrel and one more which is pretty late and I forgot where >_>

Anna's only problem is IMO her supports

She is arguably the best default supporter for MU though.....

My only problem with her is because the only LS you get is from Gangrel and one more which is pretty late and I forgot where >_>

Severa's Paralogue, AKA get Cordelia married.

Also, Anna produces a pretty good Morgan for no-grind runs, especially if you pass down Paragon and Lucky Seven and Second Seal her out of Thief. I made her into a Dark Knight through picking up Dark Mage skills, and she is destroying the shit out of enemies, while at the same time helping me loot stuff in situations where I want more than one thief unit. She wasn't hard to level up either, even though I reclassed her into Dark Mage.

Also, Anna produces a pretty good Morgan for no-grind runs, especially if you pass down Paragon and Lucky Seven and Second Seal her out of Thief.

Maybe I'm missing your context, but Paragon is moot for the point of this tier list, since it's a DLC skill in a list where DLC isn't allowed. Passing Veteran would do pretty much the same thing though.

Maybe I'm missing your context, but Paragon is moot for the point of this tier list, since it's a DLC skill in a list where DLC isn't allowed. Passing Veteran would do pretty much the same thing though.

Oops, sorry. I meant Veteran.

Morgan is always going to be awesome but pairing up the avatar with anyone other than the select few childless characters like Anna means you get another kid which is almost as good. You don't want to give that kid up by marrying Anna.

There are very few situations where anna is all that great a mom. Lucky 7 is nice, but is rarely ever needed for Morgan and she can probably get better skills from other moms anyways. And morgan is not a character you want to waste on opening chests.

If you're doing a no-grind run, it won't matter whether Morgan is the offspring of a childless mother or father or not, as Morgan will be one of the only children who can actually do anything worth a damn on Hard.

Veteran and Lucky Seven + higher bases will ensure that Anna!Morgan can pull her weight and get up to speed with minimal training.

However, if this tier list rated the children, I wouldn't rate her higher than B tier (maybe bottom of A tier, but that is a very long stretch) due to how late she'd come in though.

If you're doing a no-grind run, it won't matter whether Morgan is the offspring of a childless mother or father or not, as Morgan will be one of the only children who can actually do anything worth a damn on Hard.

If you're feasibly able to clear the kid's paralogue, any kid of the Avatar is more than able to pull their weight on Hard, even in a no-grind run; you basically have two Morgans. If I'm not mistaken, the only major difference would be difficulty of recruitment: Avatar!Nah or Avatar!Inigo may still be hard to recruit, but someone like Avatar!Kjelle, Avatar!Owain, or Avatar!Laurent will be easy.

Veteran and Lucky Seven + higher bases will ensure that Anna!Morgan can pull her weight and get up to speed with minimal training.

However, if this tier list rated the children, I wouldn't rate her higher than B tier (maybe bottom of A tier, but that is a very long stretch) due to how late she'd come in though.

Why higher bases? I thought the child stats were set up in a way that would make Anna!Morgan's bases lower... I can't remember it though.

If you're feasibly able to clear the kid's paralogue, any kid of the Avatar is more than able to pull their weight on Hard, even in a no-grind run; you basically have two Morgans. If I'm not mistaken, the only major difference would be difficulty of recruitment: Avatar!Nah or Avatar!Inigo may still be hard to recruit, but someone like Avatar!Kjelle, Avatar!Owain, or Avatar!Laurent will be easy.

I'll give you that, but Sully was taken by Chrom to make the most optimal Lucina for the run, and I never trained Miriel or Lissa. Also, how early you can get Owain depends on how much you've used Lissa's staves. Anna came early enough, and gave good enough stats and skills to let me use Morgan for my run.

I'll give you that, but Sully was taken by Chrom to make the most optimal Lucina for the run, and I never trained Miriel or Lissa. Also, how early you can get Owain depends on how much you've used Lissa's staves. Anna came early enough, and gave good enough stats and skills to let me use Morgan for my run.

Hate to break it to you but both Sumia and FeMU (obviously) do better.

Also the idea of Nah being hard to recruit is laughable. It's enemies are only in the slightest challenging because of Mire and the walls are really easy to overcome. Nah is a much better child then the tier list is crediting but I don't really care about that right now.

Edited by bearclaw13

Hate to break it to you but both Sumia and FeMU (obviously) do better.

Also the idea of Nah being hard to recruit is laughable. It's enemies are only in the slightest challenging because of Mire and the walls are really easy to overcome. Nah is a much better child then the tier list is crediting but I don't really care about that right now.

I had Sumia go with Frederick for the early-game so that she'd kill more efficiently (mid and late-game I gave her to Henry), and Sully Support was easy to build. And since Sully was properly levelled, Lucina ended up as optimal as she could be for my no-grind run.

And since I used M!Avatar, F!Avatar was out of the question.

In terms of efficient runs, I find Sully to actually be better than Sumia, Higher Strength growth results in Lucina getting better bases. Sumia isn't giving her anything in efficiency because Galeforce takes so long to get (I've only been able to get Rally Spectrum on Lucina once in all of my drafts (though Veteran>Rally Spectrum for inheritance). Lucina doesn't want to go Pegasus Knight because Parallel Falchion is incredible, so she either has Galeforce inherited to her or she never gets it in efficiency.

Though outside of Sully's higher strength growth, all of the non-Avatar mom's provide Lucina close to nothing valuable in efficiency (because she should always take the Ch12 Second Seal to Reclass to Cavalier, which she always has). Speed/Move cry is fairly pointless on her because she's one of the best combat units around, Rally Resistance is even less pointless and I'm not going to bother with Luck+4.

Due to this, I wouldn't mind if all of the non-Avatar!Lucina's were merged into a single entry, because they have next to no difference in efficiency.

Sully KINDA has a skill stacked Issue when you are planning to Reclass Lucy into Cavs(which is IMO worth the effort)

I tried Sumia!Lucina, and personally I liked her Cavs Utility while Cynthia murdered everything that moves

And yes, im talking about efficient playthrough

Edited by JSND

In terms of efficient runs, I find Sully to actually be better than Sumia, Higher Strength growth results in Lucina getting better bases. Sumia isn't giving her anything in efficiency because Galeforce takes so long to get (I've only been able to get Rally Spectrum on Lucina once in all of my drafts (though Veteran>Rally Spectrum for inheritance). Lucina doesn't want to go Pegasus Knight because Parallel Falchion is incredible, so she either has Galeforce inherited to her or she never gets it in efficiency.

Though outside of Sully's higher strength growth, all of the non-Avatar mom's provide Lucina close to nothing valuable in efficiency (because she should always take the Ch12 Second Seal to Reclass to Cavalier, which she always has). Speed/Move cry is fairly pointless on her because she's one of the best combat units around, Rally Resistance is even less pointless and I'm not going to bother with Luck+4.

Due to this, I wouldn't mind if all of the non-Avatar!Lucina's were merged into a single entry, because they have next to no difference in efficiency.

This is true but Sully!Lucina can often have trouble doubling at first which slows down her training immensely. I wouldn't mind that really either.

fun fact: Sumia!Lucina ties Sully!Lucina's strength base (both assumed 20/5) and loses growth by (wait for it) 1%.

so there isn't even her "weaker" strength to consider in that pairing.

Edited by General Horace