I have a Pokemon Ruby cart.

Knight

I'm pretty sure my cartridges at this point have finally drained their batteries (got them since like, 8-9 years ago). Which is a shame since I don't want to risk manually replacing them.

The GBA ones work fine with the batteries dry, as long as you'll accept the death of all berries. I mean my Ruby is physically broken, it's sad, was my first game. sad.gif

The GBA ones work fine with the batteries dry, as long as you'll accept the death of all berries. I mean my Ruby is physically broken, it's sad, was my first game. sad.gif

Yeah I know, but a loss is a loss nonetheless. Oh well. At least I can still play them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I-is it better that I have a Pokemon Red that still works?

Well that depends.

On one hand, literally every other pokemon game is better.

On the other hand, you can probably make a lot a money by selling it.

Edited by David the SecondWorld

I-is it better that I have a Pokemon Red that still works?

Depends, is it's battery still functioning? Easy way to tell is if you can still save the game or not.

Um I know it does because I'm playing a file through it right now, ever since I found out it still worked

I will not sell it ;n;

Edited by Freohr Datia

I was more of a Johto kid. Explains why my Silver cartridge has a dead battery but my blue and yellow ones work fine well, since the last time I checked them. I also have a ruby, sapphire, and emerald cartridges that are perfectly fine.

3rd gen was the worst in the series. Red and Blue was where it was at, Gold and Silver was for the Pokemon masters that survived the original journey. All the cool kids went into videogame slumber to await a more worthy generation to awaken.

O-opinions :newyears:

3rd gen was the worst in the series. Red and Blue was where it was at, Gold and Silver was for the Pokemon masters that survived the original journey. All the cool kids went into videogame slumber to await a more worthy generation to awaken.

I don't disagree in the slightest.

That being said, I lost my gold cart(which has never not been lost for more than about a month. Seriously, the day after I got it, I lost it for 5 years. No joke.) and my Red cart got stolen by a red-haired redneck (ain't even joking)

i couldn't stand 3rd gen. player characters were ugly, beginner pokemon unappealing, and there was TOO DAMN MUCH SURFIN

having said that, go Rayquaza. he was pretty rad

All the cool kids went into videogame slumber to await a more worthy generation to awaken.

I went into the slumber during the 4th gen so how uncool does that make me? =<

It was because at that point I reached an age where I thought "I am too old/cool for pokemon"