Anyone ever encounter a shiny Pokemon?

Knight

I never managed to get a shiny beside the usual red Gyarados, but my best friend have a shiny Ducklett/Swanna. I have a traded Rotom that had the pokerus but it manage to cure itself before I could spread it to my other pokemons. :sob:

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played Yellow and Diamond versions while growing up. My friend told me the probabilities of encountering shinies and how many playthroughs he'd played and the number of shinies he found. Recently I got HG and I was very excited to see that I ran into a shiny Swinub! I caught it in a Luxury Ball and have not given it any EVs yet :)

For SOOOO many years, I felt like I would never encounter a shiny (sans guaranteed ones, of course) and was quite frustrated about it. I also had friends who had encountered more than one, and was totally jealous.

The tables turned when I encountered a shiny AZELF (I was using the synchronizer trick as well, so it even has the nature I wanted for it, fortunately)! That's the only shiny I have, but uh… shiny legendary? I'll be totally fine with never encountering another shiny as long as I live. The IVs aren't particularly great, but it being shiny more than makes up for it.

I will never forget.

A few years back, my friend gave me Ruby for no reason in particular. So I pick my starter and all that yadda, beat the Zigzagoon, cool stuff.

Go in the grass on the very first route, BAM SHINY ZIGZAGOON HOLY BALLS.

This was before Pokeballs were even available in the game.

I never played the game again.

But I've also caught a shiny Medicham and Shinx in Diamond, a shiny Trapinch in Pokemon XD, and a shiny Magnemite in FireRed. I guess I'm luckier than most, but that Zigzagoon will always be the one that got away.

I've done dozens upon dozens of playthroughs of all the Pokemon games and have only ever found a single measly shiny: a shiny Kakuna in Soulsilver.

Meanwhile a buddy of mine from my dorm can't walk in the tall grass for five seconds without being swarmed by shinies. Yes I am bitter.

I have a lot of shiny , but i found a shiny pokèmon once time in all my life ... i found a shiny sentret in the Safari Zone ,on SoulSilver ... but ... it ran away Q___________Q

Edited by Chiara

Gen 2:

Swinub.

Magikarp from breeding a red Gyarados.

A few things from that mystery egg in Crystal; Magby, Igglybuff, Cleffa. I didn't keep any of them.

Gen 3:

Three wurmples. Two evolved into Beautifly, the third was in a Nuzlocke and encountered before Pokeballs were available. To say I ragequit would be an understatement

Zubat in Shoal Cave.

Weedle in Viridian Forest.

Mankey from one of the early game routes, accidentally erased that file without transfering it.

Gen 5:

Deino, after spending half an hour looking for one. Erased that file as well.

Edited by Alg

Shiny Caterpie and Tangela in Pkmn Gold. Since then, nothing.

I remember getting really excited and sort of nervous when encountering the golden Caterpie. It was on the Bug Catching contest which made things harder ;w; I caught it, though! It later evolved into an pink Butterfree (which was my favorite pkmn at the time <3)

I've found a few. I'm a bit of a shiny hunter (but haven't hunted for ages).

My first shiny was a Wailmer on Emerald.

Others includes: multiple Machop, Electabuzz, multiple Starly, Heatran, Regigigas, Latios, Snivy and a Porygon (my favourite Pokémon ^^).

I can still remember my first encounter with the Wailmer to this day...

I was lying in my bed playing on my GBA, fishing for Staryu to fill in the Kanto pages of my Pokédex. I kept hooking in Wailmer after Wailmer, running all the time.

I can't remember what it was or what I was doing, but I turned away from my GBA (when I encountered another wild) and looked back. I don't think I had my sound on (or I didn't hear it). As I was about to run I noticed something was slightly odd about the Wailmer. It seemed a bit lighter. I caught it in case it was something weird. Months/year or so later I found out about Shiny Pokémon and realised that my Wailmer was a shiny! :D

Most of my other shinies were done with PokéRadar (Machop, Electabuzz, Starly and Porygon).

I hunted down Regigigas and Heatran which amazingly both appeared in the same week! It only took me about 3-5 days of SRing to find them.

Snivy was bred (Masuda Method) since I wanted a Serperior in my team. I thought I'd give passing on a Jolly nature and some IVs on at the time and again I got lucky with this too, successfuly hatching a shiny Jolly Snivy with IVs of 31 in Speed and 31 in another (might be HP or Attack, can't remember).

Latios came out of nowhere when I was trying to get one with a good nature on my HeartGold. It was like the 2nd or 3rd reset into trying to find a good natured one. I was surprised and I didn't really expect/prepare for catching it in a PokéBall (I have always caught almost every Pokémon in PokéBalls because that's just what I prefer :P) so I just tossed my Master Ball at it. HIs nature isn't so good but I'm not even mad. Shiny Latios ftw :D

Are we considering chaining in DPPt to be cheating? If not, I've chained a Zubat, Starly, Snubbull, and Dunsparce. I keep trying for a shiny Ponyta but no luck so far. Unless I were to get a shiny of a Pokemon I really loved I just try to farm them so I can trade for hard to get legendaries and whatnot.

Shiny Drowzee in Silver, but lost forever due to save data stuff.

Shiny Tailow in Emerald/Sapphire (can't remember).

Shiny Clefairy in Black 2 (no shiny charm).

I've encountered far too many to fully remember. Duels at Dawn gets really mad at my insane luck when it comes to shiny pokemon.

I remember finding a shiny Abra back in Crystal but it used teleport and that was the last I heard of shinies for a while. I found a Wingull and Marill in Ruby on seperate playthroughs. Came across a shiny Quagsire in the Safari Zone in Pearl and it promptly ran away. But I found a shiny Clefairy after backtracking through Mt. Coronet. I managed to snag a shiny Bagon in Platinum while trying to chain for a shiny Swablu and the chain was only at 20-something. My White Version is what holds my record of most shinies with 4 shiny pokemon in one playthrough. I got a Solosis found in some double grass while looking for a Trubbish for my dex, a Zorua using the Masuda Method, a Petilil while EV training for Sp. Attack by killing off Petilils (I laughed at the irony) and the very next day I caught a shiny Delibird while exploring the Giant Chasm.

I got a poochyena(the same day i beat the E4), a Mawile, a banette(on 24 december 2009, i still remember it) and a slugma in my emerald cart, and then a geodude and another poochyena when i was playing emerald on the emulator and a gligar and a magikarp on pearl. I also found a litwick(on my birthday, the same day i got the game, can you believe it!), a swadloon(after a week playing) and a lilipup. all of these were on my white version.

Edited by viyut

.... You reached a Litwick the same day you got the game....

Heehee you play so much more than I do x3

After spending so much time breeding Eevee or Vulpix and all that grinding for experience.... I've still never found a shiny ;~;

Shiny Pokemon do not like meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hmmmmmm not sure if you mean Gyarados or some cute little joke about shiny pretty gold (since you said gold and not silver, heart gold, or soul silver~)

Or maybe it's something else I still don't get =3

Edited by Freohr Datia

Worst place to encounter a shiny: The Safari Zone. Oh the pain.

xD What did you find there?

I found a shiny Wooper there once, but failed to catch it.

My sister also found a shiny Psyduck. Still failed :S