Tales of Symphonia PS3 HD confirmed for localization early 2014

OrangeCrush980

To see this collection confirmed for the EU of all places. That is so sweeeeeet.

I mean, the PS4 should already be released by then. I would expect that this discourages localizations. Especially given it's lack of backwards compatibility.

Edited by BrightBow

I wonder if its gonna be any different from the original gamecube one....I'm planning on getting it because I finally have a PS3 to play it on and at the very least to support the series in the west, but I still have perfectly working copies of Symphonia and Dawn of the New World.....I hope it has new features of some sort! Oh well, this news is great, since they haven't given up on localizing games here! :D

I heard about the rumours, but I didn't think this would be happening.

I might grab this since I never got Dawn of the New World, but I have way too many games in my backlog already o__o

Him saying "ne" at the end of his sentences so often doesn't seem... natural. I wonder if he was nervous.

And just like that Kingdom Hearts HD remix or whatever, hopefully it has the PS2 content.

...Though I'm probably gonna get the JP version anyway. My recent interest in Tales has been dwindling... so much.

This is going to be great, to say the least. ToS is still the favorites of a lot of gamers, Tales fans and just RPG-fans in general alike. I beat this recently and being that it's one of my all-time favorite games (somewhere in the top 10 or 20 lol) I thought about even getting the Japanese version just to see the extra content, but if they released that in here as well, that would be great.

Funny enough, I was actually thinking about how cool it would be if they totally redid the graphics to be more like the newer games (you know, everyone doesn't look so short and whatnot XD) but this is satisfying enough for me, especially since it's getting localized.

I also have to second what Silver Lightning said, I'm always up for a small expansion on the actual gameplay somehow, not that the game wasn't already amazing, but it'd be an easy way to please fans I think. (Assuming they execute right and don't just do something silly like add some new costumes)

I would think the good example of a remake with the "expansion" concept is Persona 4 Golden.

I've heard that they really put some thought into how the new content was introduced and didn't just cop out with the "gimmick" new content route.

I'm going to have to get a PS3 now... Because there is no way I'm missing out on this. I haven't tried Dawn of the New World yet, and I wanted to try Tales of Graces f anyways. It's at times like these where owning a Wii doesn't do you any good (except for the fact that you can play the original ToS, but that's besides the point since I still own my Gamecube and play it on that).

I hope they add in a ToS ending where you can keep Kratos and Zelos...

I'm going to have to get a PS3 now... Because there is no way I'm missing out on this. I haven't tried Dawn of the New World yet, and I wanted to try Tales of Graces f anyways. It's at times like these where owning a Wii doesn't do you any good (except for the fact that you can play the original ToS, but that's besides the point since I still own my Gamecube and play it on that).

I hope they add in a ToS ending where you can keep Kratos and Zelos...

Haha, Tales is usually the reason I get a new system when I can afford it; I got an Xbox 360 just to play Vesperia (but I also enjoy other good games on it, like Eternal Sonata), and I just got a PS3 for Christmas in order to play Graces f and Xillia when it comes out (and it helps that I wanted to play Journey and Ni no Kuni on it as well). And I believe that Dawn of the New World was on the Wii too; its by no means as good as some of the others, but I don't think its as bad as most people make it out to be. I recommend giving it a try when you can, either on Wii or PS3 when this awesome thing comes out.

And I second that last bit; I liked having Kratos, but I always felt forced to choose Zelos for reasons...

Edited by Silver Lightning

I would go get this for my PS3.

IF I HAD ONE.

ToS is my favorite Tales of game and I may just get a PS3 for this compilation. I even thought DoTNW was good!

Edited by 1% critted

Whenever I procure the funds, I'll probably get this along with the other PS3 Tales Of games, just to support Namco releasing them.

But it's on the bottom of that list.

I hope they actually have an overlimit bar this time.

I don't care if you can activate it manually or not like Vesperia... but I at least want a VISIBLE representation of that dang feature.

Although I have already played every nook and cranny of Tales of Symphonia GC, I still think this is very good news. Of course I can't say I'm not disappointed it's a remake that is localized when so many Tales games are still exclusive to Japan, but oh well.

Hopefully they'll fix this insufferable change of voice actors between the two games, otherwise playing the two in a roll would be weird. Unfortunately I highly doubt they will hire VA just for this remake, all the more as it will be released so soon. But I can forgive this if they stop messing around with the original cast in DOTNW. Seriously, they HAVE to remove those awfully low cap levels and allow the player to change their equipment or even choose them as first character. That was just plain ridiculous in my opinion.

But what would be pure awesomeness :

[spoiler=Endgame Tales of Symphonia 1]Include Martel in this epic fight with Mithos, Kratos & Yuan in the cursed book.

Yeah, in the vein of usual Tales reduxes, it would be cool if they'd remove some level caps and add some more party customization late-game. The Tales Studio's always been good about giving fans a reason to buy the game a second time.