Despoil or Axefaire?

ZemZem

So I paired Gregor/Cordelia, and I've reached a predicament when it comes to choosing skills: should Severa inherit Despoil or Axefaire from berserker!Gregor? She's definitely inheriting Galeforce from Cordelia, no doubt about that, but I don't know which she would prefer from Gregor.

With Despoil, it's pretty much a built in Leif's Sword, and she'd spawn small bullions at random. She tends to have high LUCK, so it'd be nice to see her pick up bullions at random.

But with Axefaire, she gains more STR using axes, which is pretty rad. I mean, axes are the strongest weapons in the game, and she can become a monster with them. Leaning more toward to this ATM, but Despoil itself sounds really good.

Hmm...choices, choices.

Despoil... is worthless, TBQH.

If the activation rate was like Armsthrift's, I'm sure it'd fare better.

I'd say go with Axefaire. Helswath combined with Armsthrift is win, and 5 more power on top of that is even more win!

Good point. Looks like Axefaire sounds like the better candidate.

Edited by Zeem

I don't have the Golden Gaffe DLC, though.

That kinda explain your dilemma, but if Severa's luck is high enough to make despoil useful, doesn't that mean she also have the luck to keep Leif's Blade almost permanent? I said go for axefaire/

So I paired Gregor/Cordelia, and I've reached a predicament when it comes to choosing skills: should Severa inherit Despoil or Axefaire from berserker!Gregor? She's definitely inheriting Galeforce from Cordelia, no doubt about that, but I don't know which she would prefer from Gregor.

With Despoil, it's pretty much a built in Leif's Sword, and she'd spawn small bullions at random. She tends to have high LUCK, so it'd be nice to see her pick up bullions at random.

But with Axefaire, she gains more STR using axes, which is pretty rad. I mean, axes are the strongest weapons in the game, and she can become a monster with them. Leaning more toward to this ATM, but Despoil itself sounds really good.

Hmm...choices, choices.

Not sure why you mentioned Severa having high LUK when her LUK growth with anyone besides Donnel as the father doesn't even break 50 (and this includes being the child of a Luck asset avatar).

Edited by Levant Fortner

While I don't find Despoil useless, if you really wanted a lot of Despoil users, I usually just open up the bonus box, beat the crap out of some tough male legacy characters to get them for free, and reclass them to barbarian.

Severa, as a child character, has high stat potential-Axefaire's +5 str (mag for Bolt Axe) pushes it further, and depending on difficulty, you might need that extra five.

Legacy characters have all normal classes (that aren't gender locked) to use. Therefore, every male legacy character-be they the Black Knight, Jamke, or Merric, can have both Despoil and Armsthrift. Combine that with buying Leif's blades from Leif, and you might not even need despoil, just high luck spotpass characters.

Here's a list of modifiers for Spotpass (and DLC) characters, right on this very Forest.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max.html

Just click on modifiers and scroll down. Characters like Prince Marth, who have Luck as an asset, are probably what you're looking for.

Edited by Verdant Shade

That kinda explain your dilemma, but if Severa's luck is high enough to make despoil useful, doesn't that mean she also have the luck to keep Leif's Blade almost permanent? I said go for axefaire/

Yeeeeeeeaah, you're right.

Not sure why you mentioned Severa having high LUK when her LUK growth with anyone besides Donnel doesn't even break 50 (and this includes being the child of a Luck asset avatar).

Well, she tends to, is what I mean.

While I don't find Despoil useless, if you really wanted a lot of Despoil users, I usually just open up the bonus box, beat the crap out of some tough male legacy characters to get them for free, and reclass them to barbarian.

Severa, as a child character, has high stat potential-Axefaire's +5 str (mag for Bolt Axe) pushes it further, and depending on difficulty, you might need that extra five.

Legacy characters have all normal classes (that aren't gender locked) to use. Therefore, every male legacy character-be they the Black Knight, Jamke, or Merric, can have both Despoil and Armsthrift. Combine that with buying Leif's blades from Leif, and you might not even need despoil, just high luck spotpass characters.

Here's a list of modifiers for Spotpass (and DLC) characters, right on this very Forest.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max.html

Just click on modifiers and scroll down. Characters like Prince Marth, who have Luck as an asset, are probably what you're looking for.

This is on Hard/Classic. And thanks for the info, man.

But Leif Blade is better to be used for Vulnerary and its 2 Range attacks

According to my personal experience it trivialized the prison!

Its also better for Despoil since it also gives 10 Luck, which means 10% chance to activate Despoil. For example, Nidhogg, a legendary is also 10 Luck

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Golden Gaffe is literally worthless if it also works on enemy phase.

Wait, what?

yeah I don't get it either

Golden Gaffe = 30 seconds for 60k gold on average.

*post game/grinding for children

Edited by shadowofchaos

I think he was trying to say that The Golden Gaffe wouldn't be needed/would be useless if despoil worked on Enemy Phase.

Which I could agree with.

Take Axefaire. Let the people who naturally get Despoil be your bullion winners.

my (probably irrelevant) opinion is that going axefaire > despoil is probably the wiser choice due to the fact that axes have higher mt than anything else you can get faires on and have the best 1-2 range barring tomes; but why would magic!severa be a thing? (even if axefaire can only really be leveraged by hero with your setup) because leaf's blade exists and does pretty much the same thing as despoil and if you're using despoil you're probably able to get infinite armsthrift (or close to it) on her

wrt golden gaffe if despoil worked on ep it'd still be noticably inferior

wrt counter yeah i guess that works too? my only playblogs playthroughs have been for streetpass so i'm heavily biased towards offense when it's a massive joke to orko due to pair up in the normal game

Edited by Cluie

Axefaire easily it helps if she goes hero to have +5 str whenever she equips an axe. To the above poster counter is great for the enemy but sucks for the player.