NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

This day has been wild and crazy. The Minnesota-Baltimore game was insane, The Pittsburgh-Miami end was crazy, The Philadelphia-Detroit game had a crazy amount of snow, and this Cleveland-New England game has gotten very interesting. Only can hope that the later games are just as good.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, if the Patriots won the AFC championship last season, how the hell did the Ravens wind up in the Super Bowl? Wouldn't that be from the 2012-2013 season?

Edited by Anacybele

Wait, if the Patriots won the AFC championship last season, how the hell did the Ravens wind up in the Super Bowl? Wouldn't that be from the 2012-2013 season?

Think about it that game was in January so it was in 2012, just part of the 2011-2012 season, the Ravens made it in the 2012-2013 season .

38kxO6h.jpg

for anyone who missed it

If any fans felt your pain from that it's Vikings Fans, Gary Anderson 1998.

No, because you guys had a 7 point lead so your defense blew it. In this game, we had a dropped TD pass that Lee Evans didn't secure properly and a bad kick that took away our shot at overtime. It hurts more when two players alone choke away games, and not an entire defense.

38kxO6h.jpg

for anyone who missed it

No, because you guys had a 7 point lead so your defense blew it. In this game, we had a dropped TD pass that Lee Evans didn't secure properly and a bad kick that took away our shot at overtime. It hurts more when two players alone choke away games, and not an entire defense.

In 1998 our kicker hadn't missed all year, he had a gimme field goal and he missed it in overtime. Maybe the defense choked but our kicker did as well. We were 15-1, we had dominated the league the entire year, heck I just realized it but the Vikings are one of the most hard-luck NFL franchises. Even if Cundiff makes it Baltimore doesn't automatically win.

Edited by Second Pronoun

I think the disappointment stemmed more from the fact that Lee Evans dropped the game winner and Cundiff didn't even give us a chance

I still think the Vikings defense was way more to blame than the kick. When it comes down to a chipshot 30 yard field goal and it misses, then it's a lot worse than a 40 yarder in 1998 (kickers are much better now than even 15 years ago).

Aside from that, Vikings have generally had awful luck. If it helps, they're part of the reason the AFL-NFL merger happened.

Edited by Lord Raven

In 1998 our kicker hadn't missed all year, he had a gimme field goal and he missed it in overtime. Maybe the defense choked but our kicker did as well. We were 15-1, we had dominated the league the entire year, heck I just realized it but the Vikings are one of the most hard-luck NFL franchises. Even if Cundiff makes it Baltimore doesn't automatically win.

The nfl network ranked the Vikings as the 5 most snake bitten franchise. And the lions were 7.

I actually looked back at it, the Vikings were #2, only behind the Browns.

And it makes sense.

4 Super Bowl Losses

The "Hail Mary" NFC Championship game where the receiver pushed off

1987 NFC Championship Game. Receiver drops ball at the goal line

The Herschel Walker Trade.

The Gary Anderson Missed Field Goal Game

The 41-0 Loss to the NY Giants in the Championship Game

The Brett Favre, Bounty Gate game vs. the Saints. (I actually pointed out that the Saints were targeting Brett Favre to my dad during the game)

Think about it that game was in January so it was in 2012, just part of the 2011-2012 season, the Ravens made it in the 2012-2013 season .

OH. I don't know why I didn't think of that, my bad. >_<

Well, despite the Steelers losing again today and most probably not making the playoffs, some good things did come out of it. They went down fighting the hardest I'd ever seen them, and I got to see mah man Polamalu make a pick-six. :3

The team should get some nice newbies next season too, if Tomlin's fine doesn't hinder things too much (still might lose a draft pick because of it).

Tomlin's fine won't change a thing, a draft pick will maybe change a few things. It'll be maybe a third day draft pick, second at worst.

EDIT: [spoiler=win/loss chance updated through the game]0Ti21sI.png

Also:

joeflaccoscramble.gif

Leads with his shoulder. What a fucking boss

Edited by Lord Raven

Flacco looked like Ben there lol (seen him do stuff like that lots of times). Nice. XD

Despite the Steelers' 0-4 start, I think they had a somewhat better season this year than last. They started making an amazing comeback to stay in the hunt for the playoffs, and it seems like Haley and Ben are making this offense work at last. Dick Lebeau just needs to figure out something with the defense and this team should have a great season next year at last.

Love my Steelers. <3

Edited by Anacybele

Flacco is good, he just needs to hold on to the ball a bit better. He had it a bit out there in that run. He's just lucky he could keep out of range of Vikings that could knock that thing right out of his hand.

Edited by Anacybele

Flacco has heart. Go Ravens.

I don't know what the playoffs did to him last year, but the Flacco pre-2012/2013 NFL playoffs Flacco would die behind this line. Somehow, over the course of one offseason, his primary weakness - pocket presence - has been not only fixed but become his strongest point all season and the only reason he's been alive. It went from getting rid of the ball quickly to stuff like you see in the .gif.

That Lions game was so damn frustrating to watch. And the officiating was pretty bad on both sides in general. They called Joique Bell out when he stepped on the green next to the boundary but didn't call DeSean out when he did the same on the back of the endzone for his TD catch. I'm pretty confident we can bounce back next week against the Ravens though. They're elite at home, but are merely above average away.

I also absolutely loathe Rashean Mathis. What a dumb fuck he doesn't even know how to play defense smh. I'm surprised he didn't get called for PI a whole bunch of times.

the one time i have to root against detroit

sorry randombobman my massive homer testicles cant allow detroit to score more than 7, off of a flacco interception caused by doss running a slant route when he should be running an out route