Your most favorite class overall?

Nicolas

I guess. Though you have to keep in mind people who can't be bothered to train the people who can become Master Knights because of FE4's wtfmassive bias towards mounts. And being able to wield almost every weapon, IMO, is kinda impractical when you have to use shops as a middleman to trade (I have other issues with FE4, but that's neither here nor there)...

Thankfully the "relevant" Master Knight get 2 Chapter of Free Training, aaaaannd at least 2 Weapon that he have dominance off >_>

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QueenCrimea_zps02d60f55.jpg

ALL GLORY TO THE QUEEN

(because her class is like a combination of FE4/FE5 female Paladins and Falcoknights, top tier)

(also it doesn't hurt that Erincia is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine)

Edited by Refa

Thankfully the "relevant" Master Knight get 2 Chapter of Free Training, aaaaannd at least 2 Weapon that he have dominance off >_>

not mounted in FE4 0/10

not mounted in FE4 0/10

Mount is only needed in FE4 if you can't reach combat without said mounts(see: Ayra)

Unpromoted Leif has 2 stages that is full of combat for him(and Finn + Nanna, but Nanna should heal, while Finn is a Jeigan with DAT IRON LANCE), and after that, he is already promoted, and saves much more turns than maybe everybody else on the team outside Leen.

And its not like his pre promotion combat is terrible when Ethlyn should have give him his own Silver Sword before leafing(or maybe Sigurd Silver Sword and give Brave Sword to Seliph, I dunno. She kinda have dominance over SS as well because the only mounts with A Rank Sword at that point is likely her, and Sigurd)

After promotion? Oh hello there Tornado and Lightning that nobody used. Or Silver/Brave Bow and Brave Axe. And he can still wield the Silver Sword if you want to

If theres any flaw from Leif, its not "not mounted", its "no Pursuit" before promotion

The fact that Kaga and the staff only give a fuck about Thracia is just a bonus for using Leif. Sue me

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Son, you need to sit down and stop smoking that bucket of crazy!

Gatrie's speed in PoR is pretty much unfixable without holding back a lot on his early use and letting him take kills/bexp with a Knight Ward when he comes back. 5 base speed at level 9 and 25% spd growth, 55% with Knight Ward? He's going to need to get 5 or 6 consecutive levels of speed growth to not be doubled (which isn't so bad since PoR enemies aren't that scary and he has high def, but by most standards, if you're taking more than 7 damage per enemy, you're not an effective tank, and they only need to double for 4 for that to happen), AND still won't be doubling reliably. He comes back when you have access to 4 Paladins who tank just as good/better than he does. Even Neph and Jill tend to end up tanking pretty well since their base def is great for their level and their growth isn't bad. And his mov sucks in a game all about high mov.

Edited by Irysa

Sword master, frickin sword master,

Not only they are Fragile speedster types, their fighting style, Wearings, Sword are just the best from all units, oh, and dat GBA crit animations...

While its true paladin has prowess to reach enemies and kill them in 2-3 hits, Swordmaster are basically dodgers and crits enemies with ease, this had chance to one hit kill before enemies had a low chance to wound them.. Paladins on the other hand, sometimes you need to pick a god and pray that the enemies won't hit your paladins with 40-60 hits sometimes. (*cough cough RD cough...*)

Not only they are Fragile speedster types, their fighting style, Wearings, Sword are just the best from all units, oh, and dat GBA crit animations...

While its true paladin has prowess to reach enemies and kill them in 2-3 hits, Swordmaster are basically dodgers and crits enemies with ease, this had chance to one hit kill before enemies had a low chance to wound them.. Paladins on the other hand, sometimes you need to pick a god and pray that the enemies won't hit your paladins with 40-60 hits sometimes. (*cough cough RD cough...*)

You gotta admit, however, RD wasn't exactly the game where relying on critical hits was a productive strategy thanks to sky high enemy luck...

Edited by Levant Fortner

The Gold Knights (TRS)

Because they are the utmost powerful units in the game. Series.

Stealth Hunter (TRS)

Because it's alot more defensive than Lyn's promoted lord class.

Swordmasters(FE/TRS)

Because they naturally get good Speed more than most units, are badass, and critical like a crimson sword saint/demon/retainer.

Falcoknights(FE)

Their great mobility, beauty, and Mag Def always gets at least one on my team in all of my war game series runs.

Edited by 綾波

You gotta admit, however, RD wasn't exactly the game where relying on critical hits was a productive strategy thanks to sky high enemy luck...

so true, RD is the only game where luck makes enemies looks hard in both hit and avoid (critical dodge).. Eddie and Zihark barely do the job, however, i always expects that mia will ALWAYS at least crit once on the enemy on player phase, well.. not always, but she was the most frequent critter with her wo dao at beginning of part 3,

once everyone goes into 3rd tier, critical seemed never to be seen again >.<

Edited by Pukuriripo

Pretty much this.

At least I'm not the only one around here that thinks Swords are actually a decent weapon type and being Swordlocked isn't necessarily such a bad thing.

Pretty much this.

At least I'm not the only one around here that thinks Swords are actually a decent weapon type and being Swordlocked isn't necessarily such a bad thing.

Well, being locked to any weapon can be a bad thing, depending on game (See: FE6, where being locked to axes was pretty much one of the worst things you could be).

Well, being locked to any weapon can be a bad thing, depending on game (See: FE6, where being locked to axes was pretty much one of the worst things you could be).

Right, but I wasn't talking about being locked to ANY weapon, mostly swords. In some games I'd gladly trade use of E/D Lances for an increased Sword level. Shadow Dragon, for example.

Black Knight is an awesome class. I think it'd be so awesome if they turned it into a normally playable class that was like an alternate promotion choice for generals instead of Marshalls. But my real favorite class has to be the shaman/Druid. Dark magic is just so awesome, just something about it. I love the colors (typically dark purple) of dark magic and of shamans/Druids. I love how dark is basically a magic version of axes. Come on, guys, magical axes. I also love it the hooded robes of the classes. Shamans/Druids are just so awesome. FE really needs to give them a bit more prevalence and player accessibility.

Edited by NyanKitteh

Right, but I wasn't talking about being locked to ANY weapon, mostly swords. In some games I'd gladly trade use of E/D Lances for an increased Sword level. Shadow Dragon, for example.

DSFE is a special case

I made almost half my team Bow Locked and I am glad doing so

Those games are made of crack, really