Has a game ever made you cry?

Slinky

91 members have voted

1. 1. Have you cried over a videogame?

I've played lots of games before with really sad moments but none have ever struck me so emotionally that i felt the need to cry. Lots of friends usually tell me that lots of sad or happy moments in games they've played made them cry, so many that it sounds normal.

What games or series have made you cry before? Maybe the games i play aren't depressing enough s:

Edited by Slinky

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order. . .not counting random people on League

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - all of them have done it, to some extent. Explorers of the Sky is the worst offender (twice).

Suikoden V - shot for the true ending, cried a little because of it.

Tales of the Abyss - No, I'm not telling you WHERE, but it happened before the ending. It's the only Tales games that's done this to me (so far).

Radiant Historia - Screw you too true ending.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - I think I've established that I'm sappy.

NieR (B ending) - This also holds true to just about any other ending, depending on your point of view (due to physical limitations, had to YouTube the endings, and I hate myself for this).

I'll probably think of more later.

EDIT: I did. I should stop changing my mind so much. :P:

Edited by eclipse

pokemon mystery dungeon, the first one was so touching and sad, while the second one is heartwrenching...no, it's not manly tears, it's really a cry and burst of water from eyes..

havn't played the 3rd one tho,

Edited by Pukuriripo

Persona 3, the end, and because I understood the ending song.

Freaking... /corners

Tales of the Abyss - No, I'm not telling you WHERE, but it happened before the ending. It's the only Tales games that's done this to me (so far).

Asch...? :3c

Because I also cried when I played Abyss. Right there. Just abit. Not like sobbing through the whole freaking night with Persona. xD

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is the most recent one in my knowledge. Metal Gear Solid 2 also had a tear jerking moment for me, I can't remember if I actually did. Something about Skyward Sword

ending made me shed a tear or two, I tend to be sappy for happy endings. Awakening almost had a moment as well. A game has never made me as sad as a movie or a book, most emotional games never get to me at that level.

Also add Valkyria Chronicles to that list, because of...

Isara

Fudge fudge fudge! I cried here too...! Auuuughhh. I hate how sudden it happened but man, it really made me cry as well > A <;

Another one I got teary from was Ni no Kuni, at the very beginning. Seeing Oliver cry made me shed a few tears as well Dx

But his cry was pretty short lived so mine was too haha. Drippy, you're the best!

I cry quite a lot in games that it's a bit embarassing. The Last of Us has been the most severe case as of recent though, due to the prologue. It has some pretty emotionally charged stuff!

And I guess the reason as to why some people cry and some people don't is that people have different amounts in which they allow themselves to be attached and empathize with characters. It's pretty normal. For me, when I play a game, I really get into the story. It's a pretty important aspect to me in games. Even more so than gameplay and graphics haha.

Edited by pinkbubblegum

^ If the prologue had you in tears, pinkbubblegum, you might want tissues for the rest of the game.

But I digress... 'm a wuss. :\

Most notable example is Super Mario Galaxy, thanks to Rosalina's Storybook. I did NOT expect that at all. So cue me sniffling and sobbing while my dad is completely stone-faced.

S-So embarrassing...

Let's see what else... Dream Drop Distance is one, but more in a heartwarming sort of way because of the ending. Persona 4 got me in the final dungeon. 358/2 Days caught me by surprise - I was fine until that bookend showed up. Awakening's ending almost got me, and the book end. I watched my cousin play the first Call of Duty, and that... hit us both right in the feels.

And MOTHER 3. AGHHHHH.

^ If the prologue had you in tears, pinkbubblegum, you might want tissues for the rest of the game.

Is this The Last of Us? In all honesty, only the prologue really made me cry. I did like the entire game though but...

The thing about the prologue that got to me was how much Joel desperately kept trying to save his daughter when she got shot. And the way his voice sounded-- It was just really painful and sad to watch ;; I don't think there's honestly been a point in the game that came close to that feeling of sadness and loss as much as the end of the prologue.

I guess the part where Ellie offs David comes a close second to how emotional it was, but it just didn't strike me the same way. The feeling I got from it was more of anger and fear rather than full blown sadness unlike the beginning.

Edited by pinkbubblegum

Suikoden V - shot for the true ending, cried a little because of it.

This made me tear up a bit as well, especially after all they've been though, but the real point of the game that I cried was

Sialeed's death orz

After hearing that what she did, as well as her supposed "betrayal" was in the end, all to pave a better future for both the hero and Lymsleia, I couldn't take it. Man. The Falena family deaths are all pretty tragic in hindsight. Especially Ferid and Arshtat's...

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, Darkness and Time.

There are several different times when I was upset in Devil Survivor, when I made mistakes. I accidentally let Keisuke get killed by Kaido and there's that bit where Gin gets lynched... Well, you can stop it from happening, but the possibility of it happening is upsetting.

Edited by TheWarpedWizard

I haven't actually cried but games have certainly made me feel various things.

Unlike a lot of people, Mother 3's ending actually got me with that scene of the cradles where Hinawa and Flint were talking about their newborn babies. Flash forward to said babies grown up and dueling each other to the death after their family had already been all but ripped to shreds...

For EarthBound it's actually the credits theme. It's really pretty I get sorta choked up sometimes listening to it.

There's some odd profound beauty to the ending of Final Fantasy I that I can't really describe. Either you see it or you don't and that's kind of that.

Final Fantasy II... Getting into Firion's head and letting myself empathize with him too much makes me want to cry sometimes because dang so many people who help (and probably even in some cases befriend) him end up dead because of their involvement in his mission. Granted they usually get themselves involved but he's still gotta feel absolutely terrible about it.

Believe it or not, some Pokemon games, when I get really into the protagonist's shoes, make me feel kinda choked up; imagining the beauty of such an expansive, mysterious world and actually being out in that world, exploring it and being a part of things, maybe even making history with as many as six dear friends...

I know I'm really weird.

Persona 3's ending. THEN I JUST HAD TO GO AND PLAY THE ANSWER. The Answer wasn't that bad but... It still kinda got to me. Then it just so happened that my best friend died three weeks after I finished P3. Kimi no Kioku took on a whole new meaning to me.

Persona 4's credits made me cry tears of joy.

Chapter 10 in FE:A

There's been no game that made me cry, literally, ALTHOUGH I must admit that they've touched me.

For example, FE7 when Lord Elbert dies, when Ninian dies, when the ice dragons say farewell, also when Nino knows the truth about her true family and the events before leaving Prince Zephiel unconscious. Also, when Lyn cheers up his grandpa by C10.

But above all, the most touching was Xenoblade, omg, dem events... Fiora 8'(

Yep. (possible spoilers below)

LOZ: Skyward Sword (Zelda in the amber crystal and Fi's Farewell)

LOZ: Wind Waker (Hyrule King's Death)

FE: Radiant Dawn (while reflecting on its epicness)

Metroid Other M (Flying into space after retrieving Adam's helmet)