Virion!Owain and Stahl!Yarne? Owain already has his own proc and Yarne needs Stahl more than Owain does.

Owain has Galeforce, therefore he should be getting priority.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used a Virion!Inigo and I like what I saw but I attempted to use a Libra!Inigo and stopped early so part of me wants to see it full potential. Even more so since this run is a more casual run.

@Duck and Canto I have a want to try a Gregor!Noire and Vaike!Severa. Can this be worked into there? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chrom x Maribelle

Gaius x FeMU

Vaike x Cordelia

Gregor x Tharja

Libra x Olivia (If you insist)

Frederick x Cherche

Lon'qu x Panne

Stahl x Miriel

Donny x Nowi

Henry x Sumia

Virion x Lissa

Kellam x Sully

I don't even know anymore, you've put so many restrictions that it's tough to have every child good.

Edited by Duck

I've used a Virion!Inigo and I like what I saw but I attempted to use a Libra!Inigo and stopped early so part of me wants to see it full potential. Even more so since this run is a more casual run.

@Duck and Canto I have a want to try a Gregor!Noire and Vaike!Severa. Can this be worked into there? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sure.

Gaius!Morgan

Libra!Inigo

Stahl!Owain

Frederick!Gerome

Gregor!Noire

Donnel!Nah

Henry!Cynthia

Vaike!Severa

Chrom!Brady/Maribelle!Lucina

Kellam!Yarne

...Eh, that's the best I can do. Lon'qu's kind of stuck since he can't father Laurent and Noire/Severa's taken, and he can't father Brady since Chrom/Sumia's banned and Chrom/Olivia's about as magical as a old sock, and Kjelle can't be fathered by Donnel while Vaike/Gregor/Gaius are all taken. I guess Lon'qu!Kjelle and Virion!Laurent are what's left that minimize damage, I guess.

Just saying, but there'd be a lot fewer problems if Ricken could be stuck somewhere. Though Kjelle still would probably get the short end of the stick.

Edited by Canto

Perfect!! Thank you so much!!

Edit: Well for the most part the two of you got the same pairings so again thank you.

Edited by Sorin

Virion!Owain and Stahl!Yarne? Owain already has his own proc and Yarne needs Stahl more than Owain does.

His own proc? Astra is by no means reliable at all.

Also, I agree with Canto that since Owain has Galeforce, he should get priority, especially since you need to successfully kill someone to activate Galeforce.

Well, my main file's got:

Chrom!Inigo

Olivia!Lucina

Robin!Nah

Nowi!Morgan

Lon'qu!Brady

Ricken!Owain

Vaike!Severa

Donnel!Kjelle

Gaius!Noire

Henry!Cynthia

Stahl!Gerome

Kellam!Laurent

Frederick!Yarne

Eh, for the most part it's standard stuff. The only things on there that are irregular are Vaike!Severa, which is still more or less solid while giving Gerome a -faire and DG+, and Kellam!Laurent, since I really only use him as a pair-up bot. 3rd-gen still grosses me out even if it's more optimal, admittedly.

@Canto and Euklyd

What are your guys's pairings? I see you both giving advice all the time, but what ones do you use for your main file?

Me?

Let's see (not optimal, but pretty good):

[spoiler=Pairing grid]YHCD5zyl.jpg

Gerome, Laurent, and Yarne will never see battle as a lead (Gerome gets Gregor for personal reasons, mainly abusing forged batarangs). Also I wanted Gerome to be optimal because I'm pairing him with Morgan, and they're my go-to units for soloing maps.

Owain and Severa don't get Luna because they'll be abusing Vantage Vengeance, in theory. Morgan and Noire will also be doing that, but they also get Luna.

Note: you asked for for my pairings. I am not asking for advice, although you could give feedback, I guess.

I give standard optimization advice to other people, but I have my personal reasons for doing many things the way I am (read: not strictly optimal).

Choose my pairings for my FeMU run. As long as my MU ends up with Gaius, I get a magic Inigo, no Ricken, and they aren't:

I have a want to try a Gregor!Noire and Vaike!Severa. Can this be worked into there? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hopefully it's not too late for feedback.

Gaius x Avatar

Gregor x Tharja

Vaike x Cordelia

Virion x Olivia -- for magical Inigo, Ricken > Libra > Virion but Libra needs to go elsewhere

Chrom x Maribelle -- otherwise Lucina gets no Galeforce

Henry x Sumia -- Henry > Frederick and he needs to go elsewhere anyway

Donnel x Nowi

Libra x Kjelle -- for a VV or Nos tank build

Kellam x Lissa -- Luna Assassin

Frederick x Panne

Stahl x Miriel -- VV or VLuna

Lon'qu x Cherche

Alright. Yours look good, there's only one or two things I would do differently. :)

Anyway, I updated this yesterday, but any advice on my new ones? They're in my sig if you couldn't tell.

Only thing I would change is to switch Fred and Gregor

I have a question about Stahl x Cordelia.

The principle behind this pairing is that the only things Severa wants/needs is Vantage and Luna, both of which are obtained from Stahl. Is it really optimal to give her BOTH though? Severa already has vengeance, and the reliability of Vengeance in terms of procs makes in superior to Luna, at least in terms of Vantage tanking. Wouldn't it be more optimal to give Severa Lon'qu or Gregor or someone with just vantage so that Stahl can go to someone in need of both Luna AND Vantage? Or is there really nobody that actually NEEDS both of those, so Stahl may as well give them to Severa so that she has options?

Hopefully it's not too late for feedback.

Gaius x Avatar

Gregor x Tharja

Vaike x Cordelia

Virion x Olivia -- for magical Inigo, Ricken > Libra > Virion but Libra needs to go elsewhere

Chrom x Maribelle -- otherwise Lucina gets no Galeforce

Henry x Sumia -- Henry > Frederick and he needs to go elsewhere anyway

Donnel x Nowi

Libra x Kjelle -- for a VV or Nos tank build

Kellam x Lissa -- Luna Assassin

Frederick x Panne

Stahl x Miriel -- VV or VLuna

Lon'qu x Cherche

Only thing I would change is to switch Fred and Gregor

Nah its not to late. Damn, now I have 3 to choose from. Its so difficult... I don't want to make somebody feel like they wasted their time....

I have a question regarding Frederick!Cynthia... if this is the right place.

What would be a good class for her?? I've read to go Paladin with her but I'm not sure.

She has Pavise, Aegis, Luna, Renewal and Galeforce.

It most certainly is, welcome.

Paladin is usually mentioned as a good class for its very balanced stat caps and 8 movement. Although there's a few others I'd recommend for you as well:

Wyvern Lord is a shockingly good class. There's a lower skill and speed cap, yes, and the added flying/dragon weakness, but WL has a +4 strength and defense cap to Paladin, making Rexcalibers and A-rank bows really the only things to worry about unless you skirmish, and therefore WILL run into a lot of Wyrmslayers/Beast Killers.

Falcon Knight's also a great option if you prefer original classes: unless she's being married to a boy specializing in magic, you probably want to make her this instead of a Dark Flier to fully use Frederick's strength. Plus, with her mother's speed modifiers she'll usually cap out in that class at around 50. Delightful indeed.

It most certainly is, welcome.

Paladin is usually mentioned as a good class for its very balanced stat caps and 8 movement. Although there's a few others I'd recommend for you as well:

Wyvern Lord is a shockingly good class. There's a lower skill and speed cap, yes, and the added flying/dragon weakness, but WL has a +4 strength and defense cap to Paladin, making Rexcalibers and A-rank bows really the only things to worry about unless you skirmish, and therefore WILL run into a lot of Wyrmslayers/Beast Killers.

Falcon Knight's also a great option if you prefer original classes: unless she's being married to a boy specializing in magic, you probably want to make her this instead of a Dark Flier to fully use Frederick's strength. Plus, with her mother's speed modifiers she'll usually cap out in that class at around 50. Delightful indeed.

My main idea was to make her a Falcoknight because I like sturdy Falcoknights, but then I saw her STR cap is 39... also she still is weak against axes :( But that 50 SPD cap looks nice.

Should I go with it?? Using staves would be pointless for her since her MAG isn't spectacular... I was also thinking Wyvern Lord because it's an excellent class and she might be a speedy one (I know they're usually slow).

My main idea was to make her a Falcoknight because I like sturdy Falcoknights, but then I saw her STR cap is 39... also she still is weak against axes :( But that 50 SPD cap looks nice.

Should I go with it?? Using staves would be pointless for her since her MAG isn't spectacular... I was also thinking Wyvern Lord because it's an excellent class and she might be a speedy one (I know they're usually slow).

With Sumia's +5 modifer, the 39 speed cap on Wyvern Lord goes up to 44, which is just as doable, plus the added strength. If anything I actually thing you may want to go Wyvern Lord, then get Swordbreaker to break any possible Wyrmslayers and the only weapon in the triangle she doesn't have, she can therefore now control it (swords break axes).

With Sumia's +5 modifer, the 39 speed cap on Wyvern Lord goes up to 44, which is just as doable, plus the added strength. If anything I actually thing you may want to go Wyvern Lord, then get Swordbreaker to break any possible Wyrmslayers and the only weapon in the triangle she doesn't have, she can therefore now control it (swords break axes).

Do this.

Hmm... should I remove Luna to make space for Swordbreaker then?? I def don't want to remove renewal since she always gets damaged... :(

Hmm... should I remove Luna to make space for Swordbreaker then?? I def don't want to remove renewal since she always gets damaged... :(

Pavise or Aegis is what I'd do. Attack moves make life easier.

Luna's one of the best procs in the game. You definitely want to keep it. Um. I'd say remove Pavise over Aegis since Aegis can counter two of her biggest problems as a Wyvern Lord: bows and magic.