Hey guys! New to this forum (first forum I've ever joined actually) and I was wondering what people thought about the pairings I think I'm going to use in my lunatic+ save. I'm actually already at endgame on this save with my asset being magic and my flaw defense (It was so hard for the first 4 chapters considering I am playing lunatic+) and decided to recruit most of the children only once I reach postgame, so these pairings are exclusively for children that will be best in the final dlcs. The only pairings I've done so far was Ricken!Laurent!Morgan and Olivia!Lucina and this is what I have planned:

Lon'qu!Severa

Gregor!Kjelle

Stahl!Yarne

Gaius!Noire

Donnel!Nah

Henry!Brady
Libra!Owain

Frederick!Cynthia

Vaike!Gerome

Please let me know what you think! Thanks :)

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrom x Sumia

MU x Laurent

Lon'qu x Maribelle -> GregorxMaribelle

Ricken x Miriel -> Lon'quxMiriel

Donnel x Sully

Gaius x Tharja

Libra x Olivia

Stahl x Cordelia

Frederick x Panne

Henry x Cherche

Vaike x Nowi

-> LissaxRicken

You don't have to agree with me on any of the changes, but at least marry Lissa off.

@ Trisket

- What are you looking for in your pairings? Optimization, or something new and kinky?

Hey guys! New to this forum (first forum I've ever joined actually) and I was wondering what people thought about the pairings I think I'm going to use in my lunatic+ save. I'm actually already at endgame on this save with my asset being magic and my flaw defense (It was so hard for the first 4 chapters considering I am playing lunatic+) and decided to recruit most of the children only once I reach postgame, so these pairings are exclusively for children that will be best in the final dlcs. The only pairings I've done so far was Ricken!Laurent!Morgan and Olivia!Lucina and this is what I have planned:

Lon'qu!Severa Good.

Gregor!Kjelle Someone like Gerome or Yarne will probably want Gregor more.

Stahl!Yarne Good.

Gaius!Noire Good.

Donnel!Nah Problem. Gaius and Vaike are her best fathers.

Henry!Brady Henry!Cynthia

Libra!Owain Good.

Frederick!Cynthia Henry!Cynthia

Vaike!Gerome With Frederick free from Sumia, he goes here.

Please let me know what you think! Thanks :)

Hey man (Or woman)! Saw you around earlier, and I will post my thoughts above.

I'd say:

Henry!Cynthia

Frederick!Gerome

Virion!Brady

Vaike/Gregor!Nah

Vaike/Gregor!Kjelle

Sorry guys, I can't figure out how to reply to a certain person, I'm very new to this (If someone could tell me how that'd be great!)

@

kDog214

I want to make a team mostly made of the 2nd generation (Since they're stat caps and class diversity are superior) that's unified and able to cooperate well for the harder dlcs. All i know for sure is that I'm going to use Gerome as a supporter (and pass down dual support+ from Cherche).

@

Duck

Thanks for your suggestions (and btw I'm a man lol) and I do think agree with a lot of things you pointed out. Just one question: Why is Henry better for Cynthia? Is she a better mage?

At the Bottom-right corner of everyone's post, it says 'Multiquote' & 'Quote'.

Click on Multiquote if you want to reply to multiple people, or just click quote to reply to one.

I've never really tried Henry!Cynthia, but people have said it's good, especially for Magic.

Why is Henry better for Cynthia? Is she a better mage?

Henry!Brady's good, but Henry!Cynthia is efficient for Luna distribution (only Gaius shares this trait out of Cynthia's limited potential fathers, and Gaius!Cynthia isn't Galeforce-efficient) and Cynthia's not getting much out of Frederick that other kids can. Brady's base set is good enough that he can take trash parents like Virion and Libra and get away with it.

Edited by Canto

Sorry guys, I can't figure out how to reply to a certain person, I'm very new to this (If someone could tell me how that'd be great!)

@

kDog214

I want to make a team mostly made of the 2nd generation (Since they're stat caps and class diversity are superior) that's unified and able to cooperate well for the harder dlcs. All i know for sure is that I'm going to use Gerome as a supporter (and pass down dual support+ from Cherche).

@

Duck

Thanks for your suggestions (and btw I'm a man lol) and I do think agree with a lot of things you pointed out. Just one question: Why is Henry better for Cynthia? Is she a better mage?

It gives her a lot of magic for her to be a dark flier.

At the Bottom-right corner of everyone's post, it says 'Multiquote' & 'Quote'.

Click on Multiquote if you want to reply to multiple people, or just click quote to reply to one.

I've never really tried Henry!Cynthia, but people have said it's good, especially for Magic.

Yeah thanks, of course I realized that right after I posted =_= my luck.

Henry!Brady's good, but Henry!Cynthia is efficient for Luna distribution (only Gaius shares this trait out of Cynthia's limited potential fathers, and Gaius!Cynthia isn't Galeforce-efficient) and Cynthia's not getting much out of Frederick that other kids can. Brady's base set is good enough that he can take trash parents like Virion and Libra and get away with it.

The Luna thing makes sense but isn't that a waste of a great magic parent for Owain/Brady? I usually pay attention to stats more than skills unlike most people, which is probably why I can never decide which parent is best (Since there are pros/cons to each parent stat-wise).

It gives her a lot of magic for her to be a dark flier.

Ohhh that makes sense, thanks. I'll probably do that now cause I knew Frederick wasn't the best choice but Cynthia's choices are so limited, but now it's pretty obvious Henry is the way to go (Since it will help her in both Griffin Rider for staves and Dark Flier for tomes). Plus, you can't go wrong with a skill like vengeance!

The Luna thing makes sense but isn't that a waste of a great magic parent for Owain/Brady? I usually pay attention to stats more than skills unlike most people, which is probably why I can never decide which parent is best (Since there are pros/cons to each parent stat-wise).

Not really. It's beneificial to Cynthia since she's almost always a Dark Flier (so Henry's mods aren't going to waste, and Freddy's mods hamper this sort of build), and Brady's able to stack offense with Aggressor, Luna, Limit Breaker and Tomefaire (all of which are innate!) that his MAG mod's more or less insignificant. You're honestly better going for a father with speed.

Edited by Canto

Yeah thanks, of course I realized that right after I posted =_= my luck.

I'm pretty sure Virion!Brady hits 49 magic as a sage, so that isn't a problem. Also, skills >>>>>>> stats. Think about a general. Its 54 defense isn't going to do crap when anyone with luna hits it. Also, a Ricken!Laurent is cool with it doing, say, 30 damage to the enemies in Apo. A Lon'qu!Laurent with VV can hit them with Vengeance at low HP and do more than 40 damage. Besides, once you get capped and get LB, your stats will be high enough to beat most enemies in even Apo. Libra!Owain is a really nice choice because of Vengeance Vantage as a sorcerer (That was for you, Canto) or sage.

Not really. It's beneificial to Cynthia since she's almost always a Dark Flier (so Henry's mods aren't going to waste, and Freddy's mods hamper this sort of build), and Brady's able to stack offense with Aggressor, Luna, Limit Breaker and Tomefaire (all of which are innate!) that his MAG mod's more or less insignificant. You're honestly better going for a father with speed.

Yeah, I just realized Magic could help Cynthia greatly as a dark flier, so I understand this now. And that skill set on Brady looks unbeatable xD

I'm pretty sure Virion!Brady hits 49 magic as a sage, so that isn't a problem. Also, skills >>>>>>> stats. Think about a general. Its 54 defense isn't going to do crap when anyone with luna hits it. Also, a Ricken!Laurent is cool with it doing, say, 30 damage to the enemies in Apo. A Lon'qu!Laurent with VV can hit them with Vengeance at low HP and do more than 40 damage. Besides, once you get capped and get LB, your stats will be high enough to beat most enemies in even Apo. Libra!Owain is a really nice choice because of Vengeance Vantage as a sorcerer (That was for you, Canto) or sage.

Why would lon'qu make vengeance for Laurent better? Ricken gives a better magic stat. And about the vantage vengeance thing for Owain, that's actually exactly why I picked Libra, knowing how much of a tank my Morgan is with a 64 magic cap as a Sorcerer and the skills Armsthrift/Tomefaire/LB/Vengence/Vantage with a forged Aversa's Night xD

Lon'qu's has Vantage, which, as you know, dovetails extremely well with Laurent's innate Vengeance. Just like with Brady, the mod is pretty insignificant. As far as Vantage-Vengeance is concerned, I actually prefer using a spell like Waste or Celica's Gale, which usually allows me to kill the enemy before being struck at all.

Ricken!Laurent is better if you're using him exclusively as a Support unit, since he gets higher Mag as well as Dual Guard+, which is nice.

@Trisket

@
kDog214

For harder DLCs (namely Apotheosis), magic is the most dominant stat and skills are more important than caps. Though, optimization and magic only makes things easier. Due to infinite grinding, you can practically put any team together (given that they have Limit Breaker) and they'll still manage to pass the secret route on Apotheosis.

Lon'qu!Severa

Gregor!Kjelle

Stahl!Yarne

Gaius!Noire

Donnel!Nah

Henry!Brady
Libra!Owain

Frederick!Cynthia

Vaike!Gerome

Most of the pairings here are great; however, there are a few changes that could be made.

So, based on what I'm seeing here you've already done:

RickenxMiriel

ChromxOlivia

FeMUxLaurent

And so you basically have Cordelia, Sully, Panne, Tharja, Nowi, Maribelle, Lissa, Frederick, and Cherche (am I missing anyone?). Here are the recommendations I'd like to make and my reasoning behind them:

Stahl!Severa - great caps; she also gains Luna and Vantage for going on the offensive and defensive; Galeforce units appreciate Luna for reliable proc rate.

Donnel!Kjelle - gives Kjelle class diversity that is only contested by Morgan; also Donnel's best child and he doesn't hurt Kjelle's stats all that much.

Gregor!Yarne - makes an excellent berserker for pair up; Yarne also appreciates Sol and Vantage, which is good for going on the defense during enemy phase; Armsthrift is just there for convenience.

Gaius!Noire - this is a good pairing.

Vaike!Nah - mainly for skills; as a Manakete, or everything else really, she appreciates Sol; for any other class, she truly appreciates the Armsthrift.

Lon'qu!Brady - best support; hook him up with Deliverer and Movement +1 for some serious Galeforce shenanigans.
Libra!Owain - Ricken is generally the best father for Owain mainly due to him being a Galeforce unit; he certainly appreciates the Luna and even more class diversity; the mods are also a huge plus; however, Libra is a fine choice as well, since no one else will take Libra besides Olivia...and maybe FeMU; Owain is pretty much hooked with everything he needs except Luna; Libra just basically gives him Vengeance for VV (Vantage and Vengeance) tanking.

Henry!Cynthia - good magical mods, no class overlap, and one of Henry's two best children alongside Brady.

Frederick!Gerome - for PavGis and Dual Guard+...but mostly Dual Guard+ because Gerome is best for support; Vaike makes him an excellent Berserker support on the other hand; however, Vaike is better off elsewhere (though not really), solely for the reason that he passes Armsthrift to his daughters and not sons; if you want Vaike!Gerome on the other hand: try Kellam/Frederick!Nah and Vaike!Gerome.

This is the best I've got to offer. You can disagree with any of the pairings I've suggested here.

Edited by kDog214

The only way that Frederick hampers Cynthia as a Dark Flier, is if Cynthia does not use AS+2

Give AS+2 and suddenly its not a problem anymore because she reach the 46 Benchmark

Lon'qu's has Vantage, which, as you know, dovetails extremely well with Laurent's innate Vengeance. Just like with Brady, the mod is pretty insignificant. As far as Vantage-Vengeance is concerned, I actually prefer using a spell like Waste or Celica's Gale, which usually allows me to kill the enemy before being struck at all.

Ricken!Laurent is better if you're using him exclusively as a Support unit, since he gets higher Mag as well as Dual Guard+, which is nice.

Another big difference between Lon'qu!Laurent and Ricken!Laurent is also a trade of 2 less magic for 3 more skill/speed, which he appreciates if he's in a class with a lower speed cap like Sorcerer. Morgan also benefits a bit from the switch in fathers, again trading a little less magic for a little more speed and skill.

As for your pairings so far, Trisket, they look completely fine to me. Was going to suggest Henry!Cynthia, but it looks like that's already been covered. Fred!Cynthia's fine, although Henry not hurting speed is pretty convenient when it comes to pair ups. That, and she gets a lot of cool stuff she'll like if she's in the back of a pair up.

For the other pairings, Gregor really needs to go elsewhere other than Kjelle. The only important thing she really gets from that is Mercenary. Maybe Axefaire too. Going to agree with giving Donnel to her partly because her other potential fathers waste some important inheritances you might need elsewhere (Vaike squanders Great Knight, Gaius squanders Myrm, and everybody loves those classes) and partly because nobody else really wants him. (Except maybe Noire, but even then it's debateable.) Yarne, Laurent, and Gerome are my recommendations, but Brady and Nah can make good use of him too.

The only way that Frederick hampers Cynthia as a Dark Flier, is if Cynthia does not use AS+2

Give AS+2 and suddenly its not a problem anymore because she reach the 46 Benchmark

It's tweakable with AS+2, I suppose, but Henry!Cynthia doesn't need it (though I guess she could use it to raise her damage output), Frederick's not bringing much to the table (Breakers, I guess? I guess she could also do Lancefaire Paladin, I suppose, but why? Or, rather, why not Chrom?) and it uses up a non-Luna father.

...Eh. I'm fine with conceding that Frederick!Cynthia is entirely usable, but it still seems to me to be her comparatively worst option.

Edited by Canto

It is the worst >_>

Gaius > Henry =/> Chrom > Fred

Ironically, Chrom!Cynthia is strictly a better Dark Flier, while Henry!Cynthia is a better Physical Cynthia. Its worth noting that Henry give Valyrie(iirc)

Personally I would run Chrom x Sumia because I don't think Lucina need Vantage

Although its mostly because I like the pairing

You know, I sincerely wonder what IS was thinking with Sumia's limited options. I get that it's because she's the canon girl or whatever, but at least Chrom's options made sense gameplay-wise (besides Sully, who makes sense story-wise.). It feels restrictive to have only three real choices (and FeMU, I guess) but the only other person who Lucina would remotely want is Cordelia, and that was never going to happen from the start.

What does Sumia get? A guy who if she marries him will screw over another kid from Galeforce, a guy whose mods fight with hers badly and gives Cynthia nothing of value, the Avatar, the main character (Cynthia doesn't really give a shit about Cavalier or Archer, but Aether's pretty boss), and Henry. And unlike Chrom, she would've actually liked some of the male options that she misses out on, like, say, Lon'qu. Or Virion. Or Gregor. Or Vaike. Or Stahl. Or Ricken. You get the point.

Edited by Canto

Yeah, one of those moment where "lets limit this one's potential, but have her start completely better than the other" stuff does not work.

I want Stahl x Sumia >_>

I want Vaike!Cynthia so bad it hurts. :cry:

Imagine a beautiful blonde Cynthia with Armsthrift, Sol and Bowbreaker, in addition to the wonderful stuff she gets from her mother.

Or Libra for that matter, to turn her into an absolute boss of a Dark Flier.

Virion would actually be a good father for her.

Very. Three breaker skills, Lifetaker and Tomefaire, added to her mother's Luna/Galeforce/Lancefaire/Pavise/Renewal?

Hell yes! Plus the hair.