Lilina`s Possible Canon Mother

Naglfar94

There's also the scene where Lyn outright asks Eliwood about Uther's death, and very soon after, how Hector took the news. After hearing what Eliwood has to say, she starts tearing up. (Note: The conversation in question happens regardless of Lyn's supports.) And if she has an A support with Hector, she offers to cry for Hector to at least try to ease his pain regarding Uther. While she's crying on Hector's back, she also asks him not to die. Implying that Hector's feelings for Lyn are mutual.

The conversations in question are only present in Hector's mode, however.

Plus, not to mention, Ninian and Serra ship Hector/Lyn. And Hector and Lyn do have time to themselves whenever Eliwood and Ninian have some time alone. Not to mention, Lyn is taken aback by Hector's behavior during Ch. 28X H.

I always saw her concern for Hector after Uther's death to be more from empathy than anything romantic. I mean, Hector had just lost the only family he had left, something Lyn could relate to all too well. And the fact that they have a special convo with an A support isn't really all that surprising, even if she doesn't have one with Eliwood in the same circumstances. Eliwood had lost his father, yes, but he had already dealt with the loss, and even then he still had his mother. Hector on the other hand had so suddenly lost his brother to the same illness that had claimed their parents and there wasn't anyone else he felt he could rely on since Oswin had betrayed his trust and he felt he couldn't burden his friends with his grief.

And other characters shipping them doesn't really mean anything. Sain ships Kent X Lyn and Serra was also for the idea of a love triangle among the Lords, so what does that tell you? Also, wasn't Eliwood similarly taken aback? I'm pretty sure he was.

For the record, I'm stuck between Hector and his Peggies, although I'm more partial to Hector X Florina 'cause it's just too damned cute! She makes a better mother than Farina too, imo.

For my other Lord pairings, those would be Lyn X Rath and Eliwood X Ninian 'cause they have the best chemistry with each other. I'm really not fond of Lyn X Hector though, 'cause it's one of those "We argue a lot so we must be in love!!!" relationships and those have always rubbed me the wrong way. :/

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

writing? as in character portrayl/development? or part in storyline?

This is getting off-topic. Last reply. Anyway, Sue is boring and dull whereas Lyn is so completely pointless and is rendered unimportant to the story. I'm simplying this a bit too much but like I said, this is getting off topic.

I am gonna say Lyn, but Farina is easily the second most likely. It's obvious that Lilinia's talent for magic does not come from her mother or father either way. It's a trait of her own. And how come being half Sacae is more of an issue than being half Ilia? Hector and Lyn interact the most out of all characters. Plus, they get 2 extra conversations. One in Battle Preparations when you have a A support between them (with it's own music theme), and one in the Final Chapter in Hector Mode. Caelin also ends up under Ostian rule in the end.

Lyn could also very well have left for Sacae after she gave birth to Lilinia. In either way, Lilinia and Roy never mentoin their mothers anyway in FE6. Only Marcus speaks of 'Eliwood's wife', and she remains unnamed. There's also a support conversation between two characters where one asks wether Lyn would fancy Eliwood or Hector, the other replying it's gotta be Hector. I think it was a support with Serra, but am not sure. Will look that one up.

I always saw her concern for Hector after Uther's death to be more from empathy than anything romantic. I mean, Hector had just lost the only family he had left, something Lyn could relate to all too well. And the fact that they have a special convo with an A support isn't really all that surprising, even if she doesn't have one with Eliwood in the same circumstances. Eliwood had lost his father, yes, but he had already dealt with the loss, and even then he still had his mother. Hector on the other hand had so suddenly lost his brother to the same illness that had claimed their parents and there wasn't anyone else he felt he could rely on since Oswin had betrayed his trust and he felt he couldn't burden his friends with his grief.

Just thought I'd bring up the fact that Lyn is the only one explicitly shown to comfort Hector over Uther's death whereas with the other two possible wives for Hector, it's only stated. Never explicitly shown. Kinda like Fury explicitly calling Queen Rahna (Lewyn's mother) her mother-in-law, or when Sumia gives that hug to Chrom. Besides, I don't think Lyn would have offered to cry for Hector if it was just empathy, even if it meant shedding tears on his shoulders like in the conversation itself.

And how come being half Sacaean is more of an issue than being half Ilian?

It's less about Lilina being part Sacaean (for the record, Lilina would be 1/4 Sacaean), and more about fans either thinking Sue's existence in FE6 somehow precludes any chances of Lyn getting together with someone not named Rath, and/or thinking that Lilina aren't comparable in terms of looks or personality. (On both accounts, I call BS.)

If you ask me, if Lyn/Rath really was canon, then Lilina and Sue would be half-sisters. Which would be something I would question on the grounds of the fact that Lilina and Sue look like they're around the same age, and the fact that Lyn would definitely tell any child of hers (not necessarily a daughter) to be strong whenever something happens to either herself or her husband, and not to go looking for revenge if someone is involved with either her own or her husband's death. (Which fits with what Lilina says at the end of Ch. 8 in FE6.) And considering the fact that Sue seems like the type to hold grudges... (The fact that Sue is basically a genderswapped Rath in terms of looks and personality doesn't help this.)

Caelin also ends up under Ostian rule in the end.

On this note, I don't think Lyn winding up with anyone not named Hector, or just running off to Sacae by herself, would be enough incentive enough for her to even consider giving Caelin to Ostia. Maybe incentive to give Caelin to Tania, Kathelet, or even Pherae. (We're never told of what happens to Santaruz, considering what happened to Helmann.) But Ostia? Even though it's on the other side of Lycia? Plus not to mention, if it really was her desicion to give Caelin to Ostia, that does at least imply something about her relationship with Hector. Arguably, one would think more than a friendship, even a strong one, is at work.

Lyn could also very well have left for Sacae after she gave birth to Lilina.

Nothing I don't agree with. But I think some might argue that it would go back to the notion of Lilina and Sue being half-sisters.

There's also a support conversation between two characters where one asks wether Lyn would fancy Eliwood or Hector, the other replying it's gotta be Hector. I think it was a support with Serra, but am not sure. Will look that one up.

That's the Sain/Serra support, which I already mentioned.

Edited by Just call me Al

They wouldn't even be half-sisters actually. As any child coming from the same mother is a legitimate sibling. It's when your father has another child with a woman besides your mother that that child is your half-brother or sister. So in all actuality, yes, Lilina and Sue could be sisters.

Which is funny, cause Sue wanted to avenge Lord Orun, Hector's half-brother (aka, brother from antoher mother).

Elibe canon is giggles.

They wouldn't even be half-sisters actually. As any child coming from the same mother is a legitimate sibling. It's when your father has another child with a woman besides your mother that that child is your half-brother or sister. So in all actuality, yes, Lilina and Sue could be sisters.

Actually, it goes both ways. All "half-siblings" mean is that both are siblings, but only one parent is involved in his or her birth. It doesn't necessarily have to be only the father who's involved.

Which is funny, cause Sue wanted to avenge Lord Orun, Hector's half-brother (aka, brother from another mother).

And yet, how Orun is Hector's half brother is never mentioned. Though I suspect Orun and Hector do share the same mother.

I guess Orun would be Sue's step-uncle in this case either way?

Edited by Just call me Al

It's obvious that Lilinia's talent for magic does not come from her mother or father either way. It's a trait of her own.

On the note of this point; If we go by the idea that one of the Pegasus Knights is her mother, would it be much of a stretch to presume that her ability with magic might actually be spun off from her mother's magic resistance in some manner? It isn't very typical of a FE game to have a child who, in gameplay aspects, is so little like the parent, so I'd be surprised if IntSys actually made this a point, and would expect instead to either have had a handwave ready or to, well, not have thought that deeply into it.

I personally imagine an OT3. D| I like Eliwood/Hector/Lyn, in one bad polygamous romance. That way, Roy and Lilina are siblings, hee-hee. I really dislike Eliwood/Ninian, because it's not fair that poor Nils gets to go home by himself. I always make sure the siblings return home together.

Blah blah blah only my opinions matter yours all suck

This is all i'm hearing Al, you may want to tone down your anti anything that isn't Hector/Lyn bias down a notch, just saying.

People do like their own pairings and FE7's system of supports allows people to CHOOSE who Hector ends up with so in the end there is no CANON. It's all headcanon and forcing your opinions down our throats is a bit distasteful, I know this threads purpose is to try to possibly determine a "canon" but you are being very disrespectful to those who have thoughts differing from your own.

Edited by Folgore Red II

Actually, Lilina does take after her father. Insane offensive stat growth with mediocre skill and speed growth? Sounds like your typical Axe user to me.

I need to also note that, in his deathbed, Athos saw a glimpse of future(the light from Elibe thing), while in comparison, Hector have a complete vision of the future in his dream(Eliwood A)

Hector might actually have a magical talent in the first place

But Hector have 35% speed growth

Edited by JSND

To say that anything except for Pent/Louise and Bartre/Karla is canon is silly. Fans can speculate all they want, but until the day IS says, "X/Y" is canon, none of the three lords' pairings are canon. Some may seem more obvious or pushed than others, but still not canon unless IS explicitly says so.

And again, why does it matter what's canon or not? Let's say that IS made an announcement tomorrow that FE7's official pairing for Hector is Hector/Lyn. I don't ship it, would I get upset? After the initial, "aw ... not Lyn/Rath?" I wouldn't give a flying fuck about it. I mean ... a pairing not being canon won't stop me from liking it, and I'll accept that it's non-canon without whining like a baby. FE7 still lets me pair up who I want regardless of whatever future canon will be announced, after all, and I really don't care.

Why does it matter so much to you whether your preferred ship is canon or not?

EDIT: By "you" I'm not referring necessarily to the person above me, but to everyone who gets all fussed about canon.

Edited by Sangyul

My headcanon for both the FE and DB franchises is that there is infinite alternate universes, because of how they handle time travel.

Therefore, everyone's pairings are canon but only in some of the universes.

However, in the "master" universe, RathxLyn is canon :smug:

Well, Hector X Lyn is heavily implied by the game (Slightly less than Eliwood X Ninian, which is wildly accepted).

The novel stated Hector X Florina (and Lyn X Rath).

These are the two most canon pairing you can find.

Personnally, I'm opposed to Hector X Florina becaue I think he needs a strong and independant woman.

I like Hector X Farina because of their CG, but I don't find it that likely. (And Florina is the girl who talk the less with Hector... Hector X Florina is too macho for my own taste)

Edited by TendaSlimeKnight Ikkar

For my other Lord pairings, those would be Lyn X Rath and Eliwood X Ninian 'cause they have the best chemistry with each other. I'm really not fond of Lyn X Hector though, 'cause it's one of those "We argue a lot so we must be in love!!!" relationships and those have always rubbed me the wrong way. :/

Believe me, such a relationship makes the sex like, 20 x as good.

Hector x Lyn reminds me of my ex and me. Me being the headstrong Hector, her being the critical Lyn.

I think he needs a strong and independent woman.

And welcome to "preferences", and what I generally dislike about the Awakening fanbase as well.

Because doing someone's laundry and baking them pies automatically disqualifies them.

On the note of this point; If we go by the idea that one of the Pegasus Knights is her mother, would it be much of a stretch to presume that her ability with magic might actually be spun off from her mother's magic resistance in some manner? It isn't very typical of a FE game to have a child who, in gameplay aspects, is so little like the parent, so I'd be surprised if IntSys actually made this a point, and would expect instead to either have had a handwave ready or to, well, not have thought that deeply into it.

It's not just Florina and Farina who's among Hector's possible wives that aren't exactly slouches in magical resistance. (Just something I felt like pointing out.) Adding to that, there's a possibility that she got her magical ability from Hector. If Hector's conversation with the tactician when Raven joins, and the Eliwood/Hector B support is any indication, Hector might have some untapped magical abilities.

Well, Hector X Lyn is heavily implied by the game (Slightly less than Eliwood X Ninian, which is wildly accepted).

The novel stated Hector X Florina (and Lyn X Rath).

In all honesty, I wouldn't use the novel as a reliable source of what's most likely to happen. Especially considering the nature of adaptations in general.

Personally, I'm opposed to Hector X Florina because I think he needs a strong and independent woman.

Same here. I feel like it's given too much credit.

This is all i'm hearing Al, you may want to tone down your anti anything that isn't Hector/Lyn bias down a notch, just saying.

People do like their own pairings and FE7's system of supports allows people to CHOOSE who Hector ends up with so in the end there is no CANON. It's all headcanon and forcing your opinions down our throats is a bit distasteful, I know this threads purpose is to try to possibly determine a "canon" but you are being very disrespectful to those who have thoughts differing from your own.

If I came across as hostile, I apologize. Being hostile in discussions like this is never my intention. All I'm saying is that certain implications shouldn't really be ignored.

I personally imagine an OT3. D| I like Eliwood/Hector/Lyn, in one bad polygamous romance. That way, Roy and Lilina are siblings, hee-hee. I really dislike Eliwood/Ninian, because it's not fair that poor Nils gets to go home by himself. I always make sure the siblings return home together.

Thank you; at least I'm not the only person that thinks of poor Nils and doesn't send Ninian to her second death.

Isn't it obvious?

Behold, Lilina's canon mother!

lucia02.jpg

See, she inherited the hat.

This is definitely Lilina's mother, blue hair length, sage clothes, hat, and all; go home, people, we have a winner here!