Stupidest mistake you've made in Awakening?

UnknownUber

For me personally, I always goof off when it comes to Skill Inheritance, most of time I forget which Skill is equipped and now I have a Morgan with Magic +2 :(

For me personally, I always goof off when it comes to Skill Inheritance, most of time I forget which Skill is equipped and now I have a Morgan with Magic +2 :(

I did that too (substitute Magic+2 for Dual Guard+). Luckily, I realised in time, so I quit Morgan's chapter, re-arranged my skills, and then re-entered said chapter.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I haven't done anything really major that wasn't based on an early misunderstanding of game mechanics- accidental Chrom marriage to base Sully, poor Asset/Flaw, that sort of stuff. This is partially because I spend more time planning than actually playing the game (much more...).

Promoting MU at Level 10 in my most recent run. The idea of having a promoted MU ORKO Lucina was so amusing, I couldn't help myself.

Buying the game.

Really? That happens to me all the time...

It's like, you shell out for a copy of a game and then you randomly get a second copy from somewhere else for free and don't know what to do with it. And even though it's a great game, you're not quite sure if it'll have that much replay value, right? Sure, you could go and complete the support log again, but that's only ~600 hours and you've got this feeling there could be some better way to use it for even more enjoyment! Such as giving it to a friend so they can buy the DLC too to support IS even more! Or posting about your lucky find (mistake? You need to be more optimistic) on forums like these to increase FE's popularity!

You could also send IS a thank-you note, just in case they were the ones who sent you the free copy (as thanks for giving them your money the first time, no less!). It's not very likely, but the worst-case scenario is that you thank them for a job well done, and that's not a bad thing at all.

I promoted units at level 10, sold all my second seals, didn't bother to reclass, not knowing the existence of Galeforce, not Leveling up Sumia thinking that she would be a terrible unit due to some forums I've seen before, I didn't use Lissa, I married units to ones that would give bad stats to children, I didn't reclass after level twenty, I passed down the worst skills, and I didn't marry Cherche or Panne. I was crap at Fire Emblem before I started playing Awakening, I got better though.

Where do I begin? I knew absolutely nothing about FE other than Ike and Marth were somewhere in there became if SSB Brawl when I first got Awakening last Christmas.

A list of some of my mistakes but not all:

Not knowing how to use Second and Master seals until the end of my first playthrough.

Not knowing you could marry off characters until the end of my first playthrough.

Not marrying off Maribelle, as Brady is cute as hell.

Trying to marry Sumia to Chrom after beating the game, thinking his first marriage with the maiden (who he married in that playthrough due to my avatar being male) "ended" once Lucina was born, therefore I thought he could have two different kids with two separate women.

Forgetting to recruit Gaius.

Forgetting to recruit Donnel.

Accidentally letting Tiki die in Paralouge 17.

Thinking second generation children inherited their parents' stats, not their skills.

The list goes on.

Edited by Agent Shade

Whenever I play at about 3 in the morning, running on no sleep for a good week or so:

Saying, "Hey, these units are too underleveled for those enemies. I need to get them away from them."

Then, a minute later on Enemy Phase, "Hey, I thought I was moving them away...WHY DID I MOVE THEM CLOSER?"

Really? That happens to me all the time...

It's like, you shell out for a copy of a game and then you randomly get a second copy from somewhere else for free and don't know what to do with it. And even though it's a great game, you're not quite sure if it'll have that much replay value, right? Sure, you could go and complete the support log again, but that's only ~600 hours and you've got this feeling there could be some better way to use it for even more enjoyment! Such as giving it to a friend so they can buy the DLC too to support IS even more! Or posting about your lucky find (mistake? You need to be more optimistic) on forums like these to increase FE's popularity!

You could also send IS a thank-you note, just in case they were the ones who sent you the free copy (as thanks for giving them your money the first time, no less!). It's not very likely, but the worst-case scenario is that you thank them for a job well done, and that's not a bad thing at all.

Your sarcasm level is over 9000!

On topic, I let Chrom marry Sully on my first playthrough, I kept thinking NO! that was the only person I DIDN'T want him to marry!

On a main file, I was almost done grinding support conversations for Gen 1, when I accidentally saved a marriage I didn't want. I sat for 10 minutes with a mix of shock, disbelief, and despair. I didn't save a backup file, of course.

On a main file, I was almost done grinding support conversations for Gen 1, when I accidentally saved a marriage I didn't want. I sat for 10 minutes with a mix of shock, disbelief, and despair. I didn't save a backup file, of course.

I did the same thing once trying to get all the FeMU support convos when I saved after marring Libra. I know that feel bro.