FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

[spoiler=Embed Screen Marcus-Boss Fight]
68f9c4701ee89757f032ba04500a635b.png

[spoiler=Embed Screen Marcus-Boss Fight {With Mouse Movement}]
f91ffa96da8c7832e7a6b4955d718551.png

[spoiler=Full Screen Marcus-Boss Fight]
40da9ec3e0cce26a973d74371ac483b6.png

The only problem I noticed in my multiple views of your run was that the stupid youtube bar appears for the upper tenth or so of the embedded media clip. Lowering your annotations accordingly should make them visible regardless of how people are viewing this.

The other calcs appeared fine on my end. If someone can throw up a screenshot of what's wrong, I can probably figure out where something needs to be moved or how the font would need to be adjusted if there's a problem.

I haven't checked Mobile-view yet though, so I can't verify that

Edited by Sara.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I noticed in my multiple views of your run was that the stupid youtube bar appears for the upper tenth or so of the embedded media clip. Lowering your annotations accordingly should make them visible regardless of how people are viewing this.

that shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't move your mouse over the video, should it?

I'll be watching this run intently to see if there's any turns to cut. (This will also help if I ever decide to do an FE6 run in the future)

I was never a big fan of the recruit-every-unit restriction, but it's too late for that now.

I'll be watching this run intently to see if there's any turns to cut. (This will also help if I ever decide to do an FE6 run in the future)

I was never a big fan of the recruit-every-unit restriction, but it's too late for that now.

units that cost turns are: fir, gonzalez, geese, klein, tate, echidna, cass, and garret.

rutger may cost turns if you go heavy into RNG abuse. sue and shin may cost turns, but you need a murgleis user for endgame unless you rig lots of bolting crits. hugh may cost turns, but you need his member card. i think there's about 7 chapters in this run where i have to sacrifice turns to recruit units.

EDIT: i forgot, you can save even more turns by suiciding units.

Edited by dondon151

This is from my discontinued 0% growths run, where I do clear the first chapter in 4 turns. Roy doesn't really need to be in much danger if he's dropped at around this position in turn 3, and even if Marcus hadn't critted that fighter, Alan was in range to finish it off so it wouldn't be in the way. Sure, I used a lot of RN knowledge to game the RNG, hitting with two Javelin hits among other unlikely stuff like the archer missing ferrying Lance, and pulling off an Alan crit in turn 2, but even without this a bit of testing could produce the same result, given the fixed RN starting position. Later on I manage a 7 turn clear of Ch3 which grabs the Halberd chest, proving that was indeed possible. Kind of wish I'd had the time to continue this, real life always likes to get in the way, but it was fun to do, and makes for a nice comparison to what dondon is doing with a more reasonable approach in terms of RN manipulation.

that shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't move your mouse over the video, should it?

It also happens if you mouse over the Play/Pause & Volume controls, just as an FYI.

Edited by Sara.

Resizing my browser fixes the following 2, but here's the SS of them anyway (these seem to break when youtube defaults into the large player, and because youtube is a piece of shit I can't default into the smaller one anymore without shrinking my browser size?)

h6X83k1.jpg

7FDqIzy.jpg

This one doesn't get fixed when I resize to smaller though.

81MxoVV.jpg

SoVCI3E.jpg

EDIT: Browser zoom/scaling is what does it...I hate youtube so much. If I scale down out I can see all of the text no matter what.

Edited by Irysa

Could I make the request that you file the calculations somewhere that isn't in the annotations as well then? Description or post or SF would be fine, easy to quick review them all and allows for reference if something bugs out.

fwiw i always thought dondon's solo commentary on fe7 was good, but there's some very nice advantages to dual commentary:

- it's a lot more fun to do! especially inbetween sessions. the blooper hype is real.

- the other person has time to catch their breath

- the other person can pick up things that the first guy missed

- variation in vocabulary, voice, tone, etc. makes the commentary easier to listen to

- you can have a bit of interaction between the commentators

It's the first LP of you I'm watching (will catch up the other ones later).

I enjoy the commentary so far. It's interesting and entertaining.

I have tried out the first two chapters in FE6 in HM. It was still hard enough, but at least without any deaths yet.

This LP will be good learning material for me, if I will continue it.

I'm very excited about this 0% growths run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8G-0eCiEKw

Chapter 2 is completed in 5 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

New characters

UciDdDU.png
Merlinus (マリナス) - Transporter L1
15 HP | 0 str | 3 skl | 3 spd | 3 def | 0 res | 10 luk | 25 con | 5 mov | ---

Hey, it’s another character from FE7!

Merlinus is the only means through which I can grab items from the supply in the middle of a chapter. He is also the only character in the game who doesn’t die permanently when he is killed.

neRhVK3.png
Ellen (エレン) - Priestess L2
16 HP | 1 mag | 6 skl | 8 spd | 0 def | 6 res | 8 luk | 4 con | 5 mov | D staves

Ellen is the first staff-using unit (staffer) available in the game. Staffers tend to be useful just because they exercise a unique role but are in low supply.

hrPvpC3.png
Deke (ディーク) - Mercenary L5
26 HP | 9 str | 12 skl | 10 spd | 6 def | 1 res | 5 luk | 13 con | 5 mov | C swords

Marcus sets a high bar for combat prowess. Deke almost reaches it, but that 1 point of spd makes a big difference. Still, he’s much better than anyone else for now.

IPpxSi8.png
Ward (ワード) - Fighter L2
28 HP | 8 str | 3 skl | 5 spd | 3 def | 0 res | 4 luk | 13 con | 5 mov | D axes

5LXWFIG.png
Lot (ロット) - Fighter L3
29 HP | 7 str | 6 skl | 7 spd | 4 def | 1 res | 2 luk | 12 con | 5 mov | D axes

Ward and Lot can sometimes hit somewhat hard. The major difference between the two is that Lot tends to double soldiers more often, but Ward does more damage.

enBRPNL.png
Shanna (シャニー) - Pegasus knight L1
18 HP | 4 str | 6 skl | 12 spd | 6 def | 5 res | 5 luk | 4 con | 7 mov | D lances

Shanna is the first flying unit (flier) available in the game. Despite having poor combat stats and underwhelming durability, Shanna is a character that you’ll see me using fairly often because she is mounted and ignores terrain. For now, she’s the only unit who can do that.

I need to put some effort into leveling up Shanna for a reason that I’ll explain later.

Important weapons

28.gifJavelin (てやり)
E rank lance | 1 ~ 2 rng | 11 WT | 6 MT | 55 hit | 0 crit
40.gifHand Axe (ておの)
E rank axe | 1 ~ 2 rng | 12 WT | 7 MT | 50 hit | 0 crit

Most physical weapons (that aren’t bows) can only attack from 1 range. Precious few, such as the Javelin and Hand Axe, can attack from both 1 and 2 range. In exchange, these weapons are much heavier, weaker, and less accurate than even their iron counterparts.

14.gifArmorslayer (アーマーキラー)
D rank sword | 1 rng | 11 WT | 8 MT | 85 hit | 0 crit | Eff against armors

Some weapons are effective against certain unit classes. Such a weapon has tripled MT when used against a unit who is vulnerable. The Armorslayer is effective against knights and generals, so it has 24 MT (though usually this is 21 MT because of the weapon triangle) against them. Many bosses are weak to the Armorslayer, so this is an incredibly useful weapon.

38.gifHammer (ハンマー) is also effective against armors, but its 45 hit leaves much to be desired.

Edited by dondon151

Is it worth noting that with a Hammer & other more powerful axes bar Killer Axe, Lot only has a -1 speed difference compared to Wade due to the Con difference?

Probably not because when they use Hammer they should be OHKOing. (Hint: they never get to use the Hammer)

edit: ok so im wrong

Edited by Mekkah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA1Etu5LXPA

Chapter 3 is completed in 6 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

New characters

8zynj4A.png
Chad (チャド) - Thief L1
16 HP | 3 str | 3 skl | 10 spd | 2 def | 0 res | 4 luk | 5 con | 6 mov | E swords

Thieves can use 106.gifLockpicks to unlock doors and chests, steal items (not weapons or staves) from enemies, and see a distance of 5 more tiles than other units in foggy and dark maps.

Chad’s bases are horrendous. Unfortunately, he’s the only thief that I have for now, so I have to put up with the fact that he has trouble surviving single attacks and doing any damage at all.

kEkV35G.png
Lugh (ルゥ) - Mage L1
16 HP | 4 mag | 5 skl | 6 spd | 3 def | 5 res | 5 luk | 4 con | 5 mov | D anima

Lugh is the first offensive magic user available in the game. His attacks target lower enemy res stats, so he can pretty consistently do small amounts of damage with his Fire tome.

Edited by dondon151