Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn... looks like I'll be losing in the first round.

So, the top 2 from each group will be advancing to the next round? Is second place measured by who survived longest, or who got the second most kills? (Probably a stupid question, and I think I know the answer).

Maybe the "Launch Tournament" should be delayed to Sunday.

I think Saturday should be our skill-testing day. I don't feel so confident about this upcoming first round xD. And I still don't know if I should go with Peach or ZSS.

And how can you be so confident that he'll beat me when you haven't even seen either of us play the game? xP

that's a ~secret~

and how can you be so confident that I haven't seen him play? :P:

(I mean I was mostly making a joke but w/e)

Maybe the "Launch Tournament" should be delayed to Sunday.

I think Saturday should be our skill-testing day. I don't feel so confident about this upcoming first round xD. And I still don't know if I should go with Peach or ZSS.

@bold: I thought that was the entire point of the launch tournament though...

@underlined: can't you change mid-match?

EDIT: Thanks for undercutting my joke, PKL ;/

Edited by Euklyd

And after "skill testing" day, we should THEN pair up based on skill level.

I hope the Internet there is good on Saturday. Both you and SecondWorld are the two main people I want to battle against. You've played much of Melee and Project M, so it won't be easy. But even if I win or lose, I'll still have a smashing time!

Ace Gamer / Kyvie saying that he wants to fight Jedi and SecondWorld kinda rubs me the wrong way, thinking they must be super-ultra amazing at this. And going up against SecondWorld makes me nauseous.

@bold: I thought that was the entire point of the launch tournament though...
@underlined: can't you change mid-match?

Bold: Really? I thought it was just to get everyone's hype out xD. (Or is that what you just said?)

Underlined: Yes, of course! I just meant, which one I should go with in the first round.

Ace Gamer / Kyvie saying that he wants to fight Jedi and SecondWorld kinda rubs me the wrong way, thinking they must be super-ultra amazing at this. And going up against SecondWorld makes me nauseous.

Well I mean

Jedi is kind of pretty good from what I know

and it's not like Ace Gamer didn't say why he expects those two specifically to be good

also saying that someone makes you nauseous is kind of mean

And after "skill testing" day, we should THEN pair up based on skill level.

What do you mean by this? Have the early rounds be between people of similar skill levels, so that people ranked further apart don't meet until late? Or have different tournaments entirely?

I'm pretty confident in how I'll do. (I'm saying this without having seen anyone else play, so my confidence may be misplaced.) I've been playing Smash since I've been young, and I've won a few locals in Melee and PM. (I know I'm not on a professional level though)I'm hoping to be competitive in Smash 4, and perhaps even play competitively in PM and Melee.

What do you mean by this? Have the early rounds be between people of similar skill levels, so that people ranked further apart don't meet until late? Or have different tournaments entirely?

The smash club thread and/or for glory mode could probably be used for practice.

Maybe with the point system, something like this could be implemented eventually.

On another note, would anyone be interested in a series of doubles/teams tournaments? I would like it to have a competitive air, so I think would be best to give it some time so that everyone can have some time playing each other, find a partner, etc., but I'll toss out the idea early to see if it catches on. Also, I've never hosted a tournament before, so I would have to learn stuff. :P

Maybe with the point system, something like this could be implemented eventually.

On another note, would anyone be interested in a series of doubles/teams tournaments? I would like it to have a competitive air, so I think would be best to give it some time so that everyone can have some time playing each other, find a partner, etc., but I'll toss out the idea early to see if it catches on. Also, I've never hosted a tournament before, so I would have to learn stuff. :P

I'd be down for a doubles tourney, as long as it's not on the weekend of October 11th-12th as I'll have family over for Canadian Thanksgiving

The smash club thread and/or for glory mode could probably be used for practice.

I was more asking about what would happen when ranks were determined.

Like, if we knew that users A, B, C, and D were all "high-level", and that E, F, G, and H were "low-level", would that mean that for a tournament, ABCD would be paired up to fight amongst themselves in the first round(s), and EFGH would fight amongst themselves, and then the winner of the ABCD block would fight the winner of EFGH?

Or that you'd have tournaments that people on the level of ABCD wouldn't be able to join at all?

Or something else?

Unlimited Blade Works

Date of Event: Friday October 10.
Start Time: 12pm PST / 3pm EST (time is flexible)
End Time: 11:59pm Saturday / 2:59am EST Sunday
Tournament Host: Jedi

Tournament Rules
- 2 stock, 5 minutes. Each set is Best of 3. Finals is Best of 5.
- Double Elimination
- Maximum Number of Participants: 16
- Only characters with a sword can enter! This means that your character options are restricted to: Link, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Pit, Marth, Ike, Robin, Meta Knight, Kirby, Greninja, Dark Pit, Lucina, Shulk and Mii Swordfighter
- Custom movesets are allowed. Custom equipment is not.
- You may change your character and/or custom moves in between matches.
- Items must be turned off!
- Each match can be played on one of the following stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Prism Tower, Arena Ferox, Reset Bomb Forest, Yoshi's Island, Rainbow Road, Arena Ferox Omega and Gerudo Valley Omega. Every other stage, including unlisted Omega forms, isn't able to be played on. Once a stage has been played on, it may not be played again.
- Leaderboard Points: +20 for winning a set.
- Please contact me by October 8 if you are not able to make it to the tournament so I can give your spot to someone else.

Participants and their FCs.
1. mercilesscharizard. FC: 1950-8832-8557
2.Ice Sage. FC: 1048-8056-7132
3.Quintessence. FC: 3110-4966-9614
4.Euklyd. FC: 4914 - 3176 - 3524
5.PJSalt. FC: 0430-8521-9259
6.Doofina. FC: 0791-3590-5034
7. Knife. FC: 4167-4800-2704
8. Raven FC: 2535 - 3850 - 1061
9. KwehKweh FC: 4012-4741-6497
10. Burakkuhoku. FC: 2766-8685-4348
11. Mr. Iggy. Koopa. FC: 1977-0250-8724
12. Gyro-King. FC: 4468-1474-00273
13. AlphaZero. FC: 0318-7721-1579
14. Anacybele. FC: 1091-7971-9087
15. Cornet. FC: 3840-5757-3154
16. Fruity Insanity. FC: 1805-3417-7671

Reserves
1. Alfred Kamon. FC: 4742-7330-4012
2. Zukonima. FC: 2879 - 0155 - 3196
3. Linkmstr. FC: 5129-2637-6621

Challonge Bracket: http://challonge.com/UBWSMASH3DS

First series (The round one fights) of matches is to be done by 5:PM Pacific Time (This is to be to give some of the later players some time)
Second Bracket (And first losers) is to be done by 7PM

And so forth. Every two hours from that point will be a deadline until Midnight, Then you will resume at noon the next day if possible and have till that next midnight to finish.

But judging from how the HYPE tourney went. This should take one afternoon, if you can do matches while some of the other bracket is "lagged" feel free to do so. Edited by Jedi

My FC: 0791-3590-5034

To avoid a lot of confusion, I'm asking that you guys use color tags when referring to specific tournaments.

Please use Blue for my Launch Day Tournament.

[color=blue]Text goes here[/color]

Please use Green for Jedi's Unlimited Blade Works Tournament

[color=green]Text goes here[/color]

I missed the signups?

Anyway I should be getting my game delivered in no more than 9 days' time so I'll join another tournament that's made later, after I've had a chance to unlock more characters.

You can put me in as a reserve for both tournaments though (if you'll accept that?).

I can't find my FC right now but I'll post it later when I've got it.

I'll also be interested in hosting a tournament in the near future.

Edited by Raven