Would you buy an HD collection? Or collectors edition?

Jedi

You know how many series that have been on Sony consoles, not to mention some of the revamps Nintendo has done themselves.

Would you buy a Wii U HD collection of the Tellius games? Maybe even a collectors edition of all the console FE's

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10? Considering Awakening features elements from 1, 2 and 3 not to mention 9/10. with some nods to Jugdral

This in my opinion could be the best way to get all these games to us outside of Japan not to mention revamps of the two Tellius games

Depends. If they're only of games that I already have (7-10, 13), then no. If they would cover the older games, probably. At least if they're faithfully to the original and don't shoehorn a bad avatar in (if they actually try to do it well, I would consider it)

Depends. If they're only of games that I already have (7-10, 13), then no. If they would cover the older games, probably. At least if they're faithfully to the original and don't shoehorn a bad avatar in (if they actually try to do it well, I would consider it)

Yeah this kind of thing makes me antsy if they decide to remake Jugdral in particular. Is that they'd try to modernize it too much and get rid of what were really solid mechanics.

Since I'm afraid to touch my copies of the Tellius games due to how rare and expensive they are these days (and the more I play them, the closer they get to dying), I'd totally buy an HD Tellius collection! Especially since it would let me play Ike's whole amazing story in beautiful HD. ^^

Also, I'm not interested in playing anything before Path of Radiance.

A little close minded attitude. To each his own I guess.

Yeah sure, a collection would be sweet.

Edited by Knight

If it was just a straight up port of an already localized game then I probably would buy it but it's unlikely I'd play it given how many games there are out there that I still need to get through. I'd still buy it though to support the series. I'm crazy like that. If they actually made an effort to change them up then I'd play them even if the changes were minor (or just a few extra scenes in the plot). If it was an localized game then I'd buy it in a heart beat and would be much more inclined to play it. Especially if it was Gaiden which I found hard to play due to its age.

Yeah this kind of thing makes me antsy if they decide to remake Jugdral in particular. Is that they'd try to modernize it too much and get rid of what were really solid mechanics.

I enjoyed FE12 a lot so I would actually trust IS to remake FE4; it is a game that doesn't lend itself to the additions FE12 had (reclassing and the Avatar), so they'd either need to be faithful to the original while fixing what is obviously outdated and poorly planned (unbalanced weapon weights!), or make Remake!FE4 an entirely different game from beginning to end, which could honestly be fun as an alternative experience.

Edited by Axie

I certainly would; it would be nice to have better access to the games, at least for me. I still have my GBASP to play 7 and 8, but I end up ROMing just because it's easier (the GBA screen is so small!). I have 9 and 10, but they're both NA region so I can only play them on my Euro Wii with Gecko. And even 13 I'd get a collector's edition of to have a physical copy so I'm not tied to my digital (I just prefer physical copies in general). And of course I'd be interested in buying any localized versions of the Japan-only games.

I enjoyed FE12 a lot so I would actually trust IS to remake FE4; it is a game that doesn't lend itself to the additions FE12 had (reclassing and the Avatar), so they'd either need to be faithful to the original while fixing what is obviously outdated and poorly planned (unbalanced weapon weights!), or make Remake!FE4 an entirely different game from beginning to end, which could honestly be fun as an alternative experience.

If they were to shove an Avatar into FE4 then I think it work well. Give them Oifey's role in the plot (for the first half, and then a Morgan replacing Oifey in the second half) and give them the option to have the minor version of any of the non Lopt Holy Bloods. More eugenic super soldiers! Also make it so every holy weapon can be obtained. Of course for purists (and because Oifey has an awesome stache) give players the option to play the game without the Avatar having Oifey retain his classic role. If they were to do it that way then the Avatar would still be really useful in terms of gameplay (but not game breaking since Holy Weapons exist, and the Morgan would only be as dangerous as the Hooly Weapon you might have him/her use) and still relevant in terms of plot without being over bearing.

I really wish they would do collectors eddition of course being the stupid bastards Nintendo is the would never and instead realese Mario typing 2 or some shit. Also I think it would be very costly like Metroid trilogy was fuckin 80 $ and now its even nore I'm guessing it be between 80-130 dollars still I'd empty my cash for that.

Huh. Personally, I see FE4 as needing a good deal of revamping for me to even look at it with anything aside from scorn, largely because of its mechanics.

On the topic itself, probably not, largely because I have too many other games I'd get over it (that might have something to do with waning interest in FE). And even if I did, I wouldn't care to play anything that isn't PoR or RD.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Huh. Personally, I see FE4 as needing a good deal of revamping for me to even look at it with anything aside from scorn, largely because of its mechanics.

What do you think needs revamping? I assume much more balanced weapon weight, calculated damage rather than attack VS defense and critical dealing damageX3 rather attackX3 Other than those simple things (and the later two are pretty much a given) I don't see anything all together wrong with FE4's system.

What do you think needs revamping? I assume much more balanced weapon weight, calculated damage rather than attack VS defense and critical dealing damageX3 rather attackX3 Other than those simple things (and the later two are pretty much a given) I don't see anything all together wrong with FE4's system.

Axie actually mentioned the first one you named, which I agree needs something done about it. And honestly, I'd also think the individual money system needs to go (it just feels cumbersome, to put it bluntly), as does the fixed weapon ranks.

I think the following things should be changed in a remake even if it aims to be faithful to the original:

-- Weapon weight should be more balanced as to not screw over entire weapon types, but I wouldn't want them removed at all - in fact I'm even fine with no Con or Str to mitigate AS loss as long as weapon weights aren't excessive

-- Removing the Pursuit skill to double attack - I am aware many people like this but to me it's absurd that a quintessential FE mechanic was tied to a skill

-- Weapon Experience - FE4 is the only game where you can't learn how to use better weapons. Holy Blood increasing your starting Rank is already good enough

-- Being able to transfer specific amounts of money between lovers and from thieves, and I also think siblings should be able to share money - otherwise I'd keep the individual money mechanic

-- Reinstating the usual Critical mechanic - triple damage and weapons with Crit rates; people with the Critical skill could have Crit +20 or something. 50+ kills increasing Crit would stay too

-- A Support system over the not very intuitive Lover system since it also would allow conversations to be included even between non-lovers

There are other changes I would make (like adding items such as vulneraries) but those six are the only essential ones, I think.

Edited by Axie

If I remember correctly, Pursuit activates so long as you're faster than your opponent, regardless of how much faster you are. It could still be a useful skill while also allowing other units to double if we make it say five points higher like in Awakening. So anyone can double but people with pursuit can double much easier.

I didn't know Awakening raised the AS requirement for doubling so that's a good idea! It could also become less common (like if it was not a soldier skill for most classes that have it) to make it more special instead of being common enough that the few people without it are mostly outclassed.

I think the following things should be changed in a remake even if it aims to be faithful to the original:

-- Weapon weight should be more balanced as to not screw over entire weapon types, but I wouldn't want them removed at all - in fact I'm even fine with no Con or Str to mitigate AS loss as long as weapon weights aren't excessive

-- Removing the Pursuit skill to double attack - I am aware many people like this but to me it's absurd that a quintessential FE mechanic was tied to a skill

-- Weapon Experience - FE4 is the only game where you can't learn how to use better weapons. Holy Blood increasing your starting Rank is already good enough

-- Being able to transfer specific amounts of money between lovers and from thieves, and I also think siblings should be able to share money - otherwise I'd keep the individual money mechanic

-- Reinstating the usual Critical mechanic - triple damage and weapons with Crit rates; people with the Critical skill could have Crit +20 or something. 50+ kills increasing Crit would stay too

-- A Support system over the not very intuitive Lover system since it also would allow conversations to be included even between non-lovers

There are other changes I would make (like adding items such as vulneraries) but those six are the only essential ones, I think.

I agree with most of these, but I still think that the individual money system is irredeemable.

Also, I didn't mention this earlier, but I think the holy weapons need to be nerfed.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I like the individual money system, personally. I also think the Pair Up skill would be good in an FE4 remake, cause it would significantly increase the value of infantry units, you don't even need to have stat buffs and you'd see a significant improvement and perhaps one could even use Ardan.