Top 10 things I would like to see in Fire Emblem if

Snowy_One

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Light magic should return and the magic triangle should return(maybe with a bigger effect than the weapon triangle since most magic units have pretty high resistance anyway)

2.soldiers and brigands should be playable again.I mean they are basically THE lance/axe class respectively(I know barbarians who replaced brigands, were accessible in Awakening,but only through reclassing,there was no standard-barbarian in the game),but they are rarely recruitable.Dark magic users are also rather rare,but they should definetly be recruitable too(and they shouldn't be called "dark mages" and instead be called shamans again).

3.No children.While I have nothing against pairing up the characters it felt kinda bad if I paired up 2 characters to get the perfect child character,or if i paired 2 up without much thought and got a child that I didn't like.

4.Don't make the main enemy some sort of incarnation of darkness,I think awakening went a bit too far with the "light is good,dark is evil thing",in fact I'd like it if darkness isn't depicted as something inherently bad(I doubt this happens considering the enemies in the trailer were called dark enemy)

5.connect several of the existing games a bit more.One thing I loved about awakening was that it took place on 2 continents from different games(i know that it was already known that these 2 were close to each other,but it was still nice) and we got some hints that tellius isn't that disconnected from these continents as well.

6.No story arcs who barely affect the main story.While I really liked the valm empire as an enemy,they simply felt like a filler to me,since they had barely any effect on the main story.Same goes for the crimean rebellion in RD(only that they weren't badass)

7.more drama,I mean fe was never really a light story and the darker moments are usually the most emotional and memoral ones,but please no need to sacrifice a unit,that was basically what destroyed FE11 for me.

8.Gryphon riders should return,but they should be completely seperate from the wyvern riders and tactician should also return,but shouldn't be that op and be a regular unit.

9.A wide variety of units who all use different combinations of weapons or magic,either they should simply give us lots of base units who all have different upgrades or branching class trees return.However if branched class trees return,then they should balance it a bit though,it felt kinda unfair that some classes had 2 unique upgrades,while others had not even one.

10.Some stuff I want to see to return from awakening:

10a.The world map should return,it was cool to grind,since it allowed me to use more characters instead of just using a small group of core-characters,while letting everyone else rot away in the base.(higher level characters could get less exp in skirmishes based on the part of the story,so that the map allows you to level your low level units,but prevent you from overpowering your core group)

10bThe skill system should return,I really like that as it gave every unit their own unique skills,however I'd say that classes who don't use a class change should get 4 skills so that they don't get less than the characters with 2-tier-classes

10c The reclass systemm should return,it added more grinding and more diversity among characters.However I'd say that every character should be limited to the same amount of classes and that every character should have a unique combination of classes.

There are some things I want to see changed, but I also really want to see some older characters. I like the old veteran characters, but Awakening seemed to have declared a war on the elderly. I guess it makes sense when you consider the avatar was able to marry anyone in Awakening, but still. Not making them marryable was an option too.

Let us have two dancers at once! Yes we could get in a loop of one refreshing the other but if they're worried about us looping them just make it so dancers can't dance at each other.

Or dancers could have a dance-off (YA!) and give some kind of additional benefit when dancing next to each other, or something weird like that.

My only idea is to not have a lord at the start of the game, and to just have game overs if you lose all your units. Biggest problem with this (and there would probably be a lot of problems) is that it would make the writers' jobs more onerous as they'd probably have to write dialogue for every character in every chapter where that character interacts with the situation in each chapter, so that the plot goes on even if only one character is alive. But I think it would be cool if you only got a lord unit part of the way through the game. It'd be one of those two dudes who seem to be major leaders of the two factions. Then, you'd sort of have this thing where the leader of the faction ingratiates himself with an established group of war buddies. Something sorta like the way that Seth joins Ephraim or Kyle and Forde join Eirika, but with more elaboration on it than just an initial conversation. I guess this could also be achieved by having a lord who dies/betrays you/disappears/whatever part of the way through the game, or by having lordship passed over from one unit to another.

Edited by Severlan

1- Put back into the game Monks/Bishops and Light Magic

2- Siege Tomes: Bolting,Purge and Eclipse.

3- Remove the lamest class ever: Griffon Rider

4- Add Thiefs and Promotions the ability of steal (Facepalm)

5- Add more strategy into the game

6- 30 stat caps for second tier classes.

7- Balistas

8- A better multiplayer mode.

9- A better plot.

10- Better Spell and Characters Animations

Honorable Mention : Remove Reclassing

Edited by Light Master

1) The ability to decide whether you want to use the Avatar system or not at the beginning of the game. If you decide to use Avatar, they would be like a Mark/Kris hybrid- they fight and have supports with some characters, but aren't central to the plot.

2) More objectives. Maybe a fleeing objective would be good? Or a spy mission where you have to send three or so units under the cover of darkness into an enemy camp in order to gather information? Damaging enemy supplies would be another fun one.

3) A support system that is a hybrid of Sacred Stones and Awakening. I would love a smaller amount of good quality supports between characters, but I also would like to be able to get all of the support conversations in one playthrough (why the 5 support conversation limit, SS?)

4) Let me make choices, dammit! The whole 'choice' of sacrifice Emmeryn or hand over the Fire emblem sucked balls.

5) Limit reclassing- limit the amount of Second Seals that the game offers, make it so that you cannot buy it within shops. Though having three classes that each character could use was epic (though some of those choices were weird. Why does Tharja make a good knight??)

6) Music that was just as epic as the trailer. IF the music sucks in this game, I won't be happy.

7) Similar art style to 13. I loved the way the characters were drawn. Some of the designs suck, however (Nowi, I'm looking at you kiddo)

8) Political intrigue. A lot of it. I love the sounds of RD's plot (even though it wasn't implemented correctly) as it painted a lot of the factions as being multiple shades of grey. I loved the fact that no one faction was evil or good, it was just their ideas that caused them to differ. I want more bad guy's POV. In general, I do not want the standard good vs evil plot. :)

9) Revamped skill system: Each character has a unique skill that is relevant to them, as well as class skills. E.g.

Before joining the Army as an archer, character A was a Hunter. One unique skill would allow him to do extra damage against monsters (as he knows their weak spots), but he would also be able to gain the skills from the Archer, Mercanry and Thief line of classes. :)

Each skill is worth a certain amount of points. For example: Character A's unique skill is worth seven skill points. Each character can only equip skills if the point total is under/equal to their maximum capacity. E.g.

Character A's skill capacity is 21. If he equips his unique skill, then he only has 14 Skill points left. So, the total skill points of any other skill he decides to equip must be lower than or equal to 14. Does that make sense?

10) Armshift and Galeforce need to be seriously nerfed. I abused both skills when I played Awakening, and the difficulty was non existent.

11) World Map. Shops should only be in places where shops were available. Random skirmishes need to return. Make it not as a usable as it was in Awakening.

12) Weather effects. Fog of war, Darkness, Rain, Snow, Sand Storm, etc. Etc. I actually enjoyed the Fog of War map in Chapter 6 of FE8, as it was unpredictable at times (the first time I played it..... Everyone except Erikia died..oops?)

13) Staves to do more than healing. Berserk, restore, poison, stone etc. Etc. Why weren't they in Awakening?

And FINALLY...

14) Units that are so balanced that it is impossible to create a tier system for this game. I don't want OP or UP units. I would love it if:

a) Units that you picked differed depending on your play style, not because one unit was crazily strong.

b) The game wasn't impossible if you didn't use a certain unit (Frederick Emblem anyone?)

c) Have different units be better at certain maps than other units (e.g. Character A would be better at monster maps than maps involving human fighters. Character B would be better at Syping missions than Character C, as Character B has higher evade. However, as Character C has a unique skill that makes killing humans easier, Character C would be better at missions that involved killing enemy unit on the map)

EDIT: 2 more points!

1) I want something similar to FFTA2's Bazaar system and Etrian Odyssey's shop system. I want the ability to enter a random skirmish, defeat opponents/ mine/chop/take in order to gather materials to sell to a shop in order to get more powerful weapons/items. Heck, it can be a new Mission objective!

Side Chapter 1: Help a Merchant! Mission objective! Gather all of the materials in this stage!

2) A personality system for Avatar. If you decide you want an Avatar, you can pick between different personality traits (Happy, Sad, Stoic, Angry, Curious etc. etc.) and those decide which characters you will be able to support with in the game. :)

Edited by GoldenEmblem7

This seems like as good a place as any to make a first post.

10. Remove reclassing. The only time I ever used it was on my avatar, and even then it was only because his personality showed little to no affinity for any one class.

9. Return to more realistic armor and weapons. I liked the more realistic equipment of older games it just made Fire Emblem look a little more distinct.

8. Automatic class upgrades. It felt a lot better to have a unit automatically upgrade at level 20 in Sacred Stones. Better than having to search for a master seal in Awakening at least.

7. The magic triangle. It was cool, cool things are good, good things should be in Fire Emblem.

6. A customizable unit with more mechanical, and personality customization. The asset/flaw system was nice early game, but mid-game stopped being meaningful at all. An expanded system for customizing your unit on mechanical level would be lovely. Dialogue trees are always a great way to customize your character's personality, so that'd be nice.

5. No genderlocked classes. I know that this is an unpopular opinion, but I've never seen the need for genderlocking in any game. Unless the classes were named the womancer or the manzerker, but I doubt those will be classes in Fire Emblem.

4. Third tier classes. I've never actually played a fire emblem with tier 3s, but they sound awesome.

3. Better story. Reasoning is the same as #7.

2. Better supports. Awakening supports felt awkward with it's weird "Just friends, just friends, just friends, BAM! MARRIED!" system.

1. Meaningful story choices. See #3 and #7.

EDIT: Just remembered two things that I couldn't remember earlier, so I rolled all the customization stuff into one, and added them in.

Edited by Honey Bunny

While many are things I don't want I will still have them here:

In no particular order:

10)LIGHT MAGIC!!!!!

9)No more reclassing and if there is nor branching promotions

8)Dismounting indoors pls

7)More then just 'kill the bad guy',give us survial,escape and capture again

6)Factions which give you differing stories/outcomes

5)Avatar is the Lord.So I don't have to worry about two units all the time since that always screwed me in FE:A

4)Keep marriages but no kids unless the story takes place like one gen then twenty years later the kids are the main guys and the marriages in the first part of the game matter(Basically no time travelling kids)

3)Also gay marriages.Being gay myself I was disgusted my M MU could not marry Gaius.

2)Personality for the MU so the text is not always the same.

1)SOLDIERS and 3rd tier promotions.

Also- I forgot something else!

1) Multiple Lords. A Western Lord, an Eastern Lord, A Neutral Lord and... Avatar Lord. Avatar Lord has to decide who to ally with or if he wants to not ally with anyone!

hmm While I may not be a fan of all of them I accept that most of awakenings features should remain to accommodate the new audience that has given Fire emblem a new lease on life (so sadly reclassing grinding on old maps and unlimited shopping are probably here to stay) Most of my hopes will thus be game play improvements that add back old features that I miss without hurting the new formula

1)more complicated weapon triangle with a full magic triangle. recent FE have made the triangl;e a minor factor on combat I would like the effects to be much strongerperhaps a crit bonus/penalty could be added to the weapon triangle?

2)Light magic returning with the light dark anima triangle and the internal anima triangle

3)more varied maps and win conditions bring back the escape maps with terrifying foes you need to run from, the arrive maps that put time limits... the defend maps where you need to survive. I want these alll back and expanded on is their no reason we can have a map where we need to sieze and defend in the same battle? What happened to multiphase maps like serenes forest in PoR?

4)status effects thats right, poison, sleep, silence, berserk... I want them back. staves used to be more than just healing...

5) I also agree we need a dedicated female lord preferably one with an interesting class (and she should be an interesting reliable character)

6)more combat options to diversify maps such long range siege weapons(ballista) and tomes(bolting meteor blizzard eclipse ect) fog of war pirates/berserkers who can walk on water

7)old classes that have been removed such as halberdiers from tellius and bishops from nearly everything... also some specialty lines from awakening could return as separate classes to increase diversity

8)better story featuring an enemy that isn't pure evil (can we at least have a human antagonist? Enough with the mad god evil dragon etc its been so over done...)

9)revamped skill/class system. I said before that I feel reclassing has to return for the people brought in with awakening to stick around, but it needs to change as is some classes are broken so there should be a limit every character MU included should be capped to 3 classes w/out and branches. the player should be able to chose what 3 classes their MU has but no more than that also the seals would not be casually buyable requiring special shops/rare/hidden items.

10)removal of revamp of the utterly broken pair up system...(Sadly it's basically already confirmed but this thing is an atrocity of brokenness. I miss when rescue was a command with drawbacks... at least nerf it significantly or put limits on it...)

as an Honorable mention some skill revamps like removing/nerfing galeforce(a skill capacity limit could work if it was a 30 point skill for 30 point capacity. Also give us back cool skills like nullify, nhil resolve disarm parity....

10. Felicia's character to be that she is really shy and soft-spoken but goes insane and rampages when anyone threatens Kamui. She is the Jeigen or a late-game powerhouse.

9. Less focus on the Avatar

8. A more interesting main character

7. No reclassing

6. No children

5. More diversity in the classes (maybe having each class not only have different weapons but different max weapon ranks).

4. More supports between the same gender.

3. Better map-design with more interesting architecture and gameplay-implications

2. S supports stay but are gameplay-wise equivalent to A support

1. Pair up giving no stat bonuses, only the aid of the ally, making it (combat wise) the same as 2 adjacent fighters, but still retaining the ability to keep one unit protected and travel with another.

I'm hoping that if the world map comes back, then there will be a bounty board like some of you said, and if you revisit a place after a certain amount of time, it'll look different. (Such as after you beat Chapter ## then this map will have gotten older, some paths are blocked off, fallen pillars, etc.)

1. If reclass comes back remove class-gender restriction period (other than priest verus cleric or something like that) I want my male pegasus knight and troubadours and my female barbarians and fighters

2. For the love god trinity of magic come back, with light magic being the most accurate, lowest might with decent critical rates, anima being the middle, and dark being the least accurate and most powerful, with gimmick effects

3. Status are pretty cool and I kind of wish they could come back adding some new ones (maybe even postive ones would be cool)

4. Monks/Sisters (not fe4/fe5 styles sisters just female equivilant of monks), bishops, (playable) soldiers and halberdiers

5. More avatar customization, at the least skin color, also clothing and personality customization would be cool.

6. Also if we start in a unique class let us choose are weapon type, if we don't let us choosing are starting class.

7. Lots of dialogue options some that actually mean something

8. I like fe13 pairing system and I would kind of like it back, maybe with a gen 2 as well (maybe a different story than just tagging alone to gen 1's story), though would prefer if all females were pair able with all males that exist at the same time (unless they want to lgbt stuff or incest block which I fine with that, I don't have to high hopes for gay and lesbian pairings because japan and LGBT things are kind of weird.

9. Remove or Nerf galeforce (ideally change it so that it has an activation rate instead of always activating, perhaps Speed%)

10. Good protagonists, a non-mary sue avatar (though considering the entire point of the avatar is a wish fulliment fantasy I doubt that will happen) and a lord who has a personality (The more I think about the more I realize that none of the lords in any fire emblem has had a good personality)

Edited by weso12

I'm hoping that if the world map comes back, then there will be a bounty board like some of you said, and if you revisit a place after a certain amount of time, it'll look different. (Such as after you beat Chapter ## then this map will have gotten older, some paths are blocked off, fallen pillars, etc.)

thtas actually a pretty cool idea if we took jobs/ bounties but that would fit better in a mercenary based game... (This is how the Greil Mercenaries should have been)

1 - Magic triangle (without removing Light/Dark magic)

2 - Elevations increasing range for bows

3 - Terrain bonuses/penalties (specially on open maps)

4 - I really don't like monsters/zombies in FE. It should be a war game, with people fighting in it and having consequences. Monsters and zombies destroy this because they are just mindless threats to be killed without a second thought.

5 - No more villains who wish to be gods or destroy the world just cuz.

6 - Better looking Knights/Generals (FE7 or FE10 style)

7 - Limited classes to reclass should continue (Unlike Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem where everyone could be anything)

8 - Don't reduce the ammount of support convos. Late game and SpotPass characters later should be able to support with much more people other than Avatar + 1 or 2 characters.

9 - Cool generals for the enemy villain (Like the Four Fangs in FE7, the six generals of FE8, the Four Riders of FE9)

10 - Unique animations for each character ( all classes have the same attack animations...your characters/main enemies should have their own unique style, even if it is just for their "original classes" and the 2 possible promotions.

11 - While i liked the funny aspect of FE13, they over did it a bit. Could use a bit more seriousness for more characters and situations.

12 - Lance footsoldiers (like Aran, Nephenee). Swordmasters, Halberdiers and Berserkers should have unique weapons or a skill that can only be used on that class to compensate them for being locked in one weapon class (just a bit more doesn't seem enough).

For #12 I actually have had an idea: Class specific item ranks. Lets say you have a Swordmaster and Paladin: both can use swords. However, while Paladin get get up to A rank, Swordmaster can get up to S. Something like that.

Personally, I would like to see

More gender fluid classes (Male Pegasus Knights and Female Fighters)

A better MU with a less bland personality

Units with more back story than "Oh I'm just a traveling warrior that just so happens to have stumbled upon a band of freedom fighters/mercenaries"

Better design for some classes (C'mon, Gameboy Generals!!!)

More and better units that can use Dark Magic (The Spellsword-->Warlock sounds great!)

Return of Light Magic and the Magic Triangle

Return of some of the classes like Soldier/Halberdier and Monk

More "Signature Weapons" for some characters, not like Killing Edges for EVERY MYRM EVAR, but not lulzy game breakers like Sword of Seals or Tyrfing. More like Lyn's Manni Katti, something that just has a little edge to set it apart.

More unique maps and levels, not just "Beat the Baddies" like in Awakening, but something like "Defeat Baddie within X turns, or lose so and so important and potentially powerful character.

More Second Gen stuff. I really liked that. But no more time travel stories. Maybe you could actually have two seperated timelines, one Gen 1 and one Gen 2, and your choices in Gen 1 determine some of the things in Gen 2.

Whoops, that was eleven...

Edit:

Oh, yeah, and I liked Reclassing, too. I just wish that there was more reason to some of the classes, like "Why would Libra, a priest, become a Dark Mage?" And such.

Oh, and more and better supports. Some of them were SO BORING in Awakening.

Make that thirteen.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

10. Bishops that serve a more varied gameplay purpose than "like sages, but with HIGH RES/STAFF RANK!" through the use of Class/personal skills

9. Magic Triangle that has better variation than Anima, Light and Dark being nonphysical analogues to Lances, Swords, and Axes through varying stats and status effects (a Light tome that, when equipped, extends Fog of War vision, or a Fire tome giving a "burn" effect, or a Dark tome that, though weaker, significantly reduces accuracy/Strength)

8. Siege Weapons from past games that have "slayer" effects that you have to strategize around, in addition to status effects

7. Units that join you depending on your playstyle, including some that would not join you or openly attack you if you kill certain types of enemies (a manakete that agrees to join you if you don't slay __ dragons in one chapter, or a high bishop that goes after you because you slayed some of his clergy some chapters ago)

6. Dialogue trees that lead to different chapters, recruitment, and endings

Fixed that for ya.

Oh, yeah, and I liked Reclassing, too. I just wish that there was more reason to some of the classes, like "Why would Libra, a priest, become a Dark Mage?" And such.

I dunno... Libra being able to reclass as Dark Mage made sense thanks to a few key supports themed around that harsh past of his, unlike the superflous Mage tree he could've gotten easily replaced for an Axe-wielding class tree like Fighter's with nothing to lose...

Now, I have to think up my Ten Hopes... Here goes:

10. Keep Reclassing with the Awakening First Gen.'s "Three Class Trees/Lines Only" Model for everyone besides the MU with its "All (Gender-restricted) Regular Classes" thing and Donnel-like cases stuck with a Special Class so bad they deserve a Fourth.

9. Keep S-Rank Supports, but without the Inheritance Mechanics. Maybe add extra events for those couples, in exchange. Outside the MU, make Everyone stick to a Support Pool of 10-12 options with a near 1:1 (aka. 50%) ratio of Romantic vs. Platonic Supports.

8. Use Awakening's Class Variety as a Base, and expand from it: I liked there was the concept of Hybrid Classes returning since Jugdral, I like them to stay in future titles with maybe some stat changes (for example: Give the next instance of War Clergy a considerable Buff to either their Strength or their Defense, but not both), I'm interested in the whole "East vs. West" theme giving a new perspective to the selection (The trailer might have only shown their map sprites, but I think I saw Ninjas as recruitable units), and I join the chorus of Soldier/Halberdiers returning (with General as an alternative if there's branched promotion)...

7. Separate but related from the previous hope, while I understand the devs won't break the whole "Only Girls can ride Pegasi" thing anytime soon as much as I would like them to, at least I would like them to ease up the "Men are Strength-oriented, Women are Magic-Oriented" stereotype of the Class selection: I mean, it warms my heart we got Rinka/Linca showcasing what seems to an axe-wielding unpromoted class for the ladies and it makes me kinda wish for something akin (at least stat-wise) to the GBA-Games Monk class for the guys.

6. Bring more Non-Healing Staves: while I'm more of the opinion Staves weren't that punishing to Low-Magic Units (Unlike Tomes), I have to credit that to the Rescue Staff being an E-Rank, along with it and Ward doing their job well even at short range, One-use Hammernes being rare but possible buys, and Recover finally having a reason to exist. So it stands to reason I'm more than okay with the addition of Staves that don't depend on Magic beyond the Range formula: I want Unlock back, I want Torch (and by extension, FoW Maps) back, I want enemy Tricksters running forward to ruin your Army's day with Status Staves and making you take out the Restore staff in response.

5. That the Eastern Factions Weapon (Katanas, Naginatas, Maces and Spell Tags) act as functionally different (not-exclusive) subgroups of their Western Equivalents (Swords, Lances, Axes and Tomes), so they can come with different effective bonuses, different Rank progressions. I'm sure I saw a Fire Mace, so that might mean different variants of Magic-based weapons too.

4. More variety in Map designs and Victory Condition. I'm okay with more chapters where I have to act more defensively.

3. Leave the Names of the Eastern Faction's Characters Untouched: Localization have Carte Blanche to change the Western Faction related Characters' names to whatever they want, but they should better stick to the Hepburn Romanization for the Eastern Ones with the apostrophe only used for the pesky ã‚“ã‚„ and its friends...

2. An Option to play Double Duel Online instead of just through Streetpass.

1. Factions and Choices having weight in the Story's progression. A wish for good execution of having to pick a side and stick to its consequences (and its missed opportunities) until the end of a playthrough. And even if I also want the Cheesy "Both Factions mend their differences to take down the big evil dragon faction" third path, I kinda want it as a Third-playthrough reward unlocked after seeing both sides of the proverbial coin.

10. Felicia's character to be that she is really shy and soft-spoken but goes insane and rampages when anyone threatens Kamui. She is the Jeigen or a late-game powerhouse.

9. Less focus on the Avatar

8. A more interesting main character

7. No reclassing

6. No children

5. More diversity in the classes (maybe having each class not only have different weapons but different max weapon ranks).

4. More supports between the same gender.

3. Better map-design with more interesting architecture and gameplay-implications

2. S supports stay but are gameplay-wise equivalent to A support

1. Pair up giving no stat bonuses, only the aid of the ally, making it (combat wise) the same as 2 adjacent fighters, but still retaining the ability to keep one unit protected and travel with another.

You're no fun

-INTERESTING CHARACTERS (regardless of gender, I don't care if the main lord is male or female, so long as he/she's interesting)

-a good story

-I liked Awakening's humor element. It was fun, but I only want it so long as it doesn't sully the drama and action of the rest of the the gam.

-sexy husbandos

-the gameplay should be more varied. It got a little monotonous in previous installments

-a good world map. I liked that feature in Awakening, but it could stand to improve.

-more weapons

-more classes

-more information to release sooner

-custominzation for the avatar

Just something that came to my mind the other day:

In case they bing back that stupid marriage system, I honestly hope they don't include any homo relationships.

I don't care who people love in real life, but that's just something I don't want to see in games like "Fire Emblem". Focus should lay on the gameplay (and the main story) again, not the support system.

Oh well, I guess it's most likely not happening anyways.

FE14 is called IF in Japan, therefore there will be a lot more choices. I am also a fan of an old playstation game called Suikoden, this game features lots of choices which can greatly impact the story. A big goal in that series is to collect 108 'stars of destiny', so every choice you make impacts whether or not you get the perfect ending.

Things from Suikoden that could be in FE:

Choosing whether to fight or flee

Choosing who to give the powerful weapon to

Recruitable characters who can be facilities (eg shops) instead of having useless fighters

Much more complex story

P.S also it would be cool if you had an option of which side to go on, one has say, pegasus riders but no wyvern riders, while the other has wyvern riders but no pegasi. This could be an interesting way of fitting your playstyle.

-INTERESTING CHARACTERS (regardless of gender, I don't care if the main lord is male or female, so long as he/she's interesting)

-a good story

-I liked Awakening's humor element. It was fun, but I only want it so long as it doesn't sully the drama and action of the rest of the the gam.

-sexy husbandos

-the gameplay should be more varied. It got a little monotonous in previous installments

-a good world map. I liked that feature in Awakening, but it could stand to improve.

-more weapons

-more classes

-more information to release sooner

-custominzation for the avatar

Add to this list better DLC (if it has any). FE13s DLC was just boring, apart from the spotpass paralogues and the 2 bonus classes, all the DLC gave you was a slightly better place to grind with a boring story and fairly frail ,and therefore useless, characters from previous games. They didn't even bother to give them unique models for the most part