Top 10 things I would like to see in Fire Emblem if

Snowy_One

If you want I can come up with a multitude of objectives. Also, played Blackguards 2 earlier and an idea hit me.

Mercenary-only chapters: These will be chapters where the difficulty is ramped up immensely, but all the units involved will be non-discript NPC's. This way the player can be placed in a position where losses are not an insta-restart. Additionally, increasing the power of the mercenaries can be done via completing optional objectives not required to beat the main storyline.

I like what I've heard so far. Would like a discussion on possible new objectives. An idea would be the return of capturing enemies, and having maps with multiple enemy commanders/generals that you have to capture and interrogate in order to progress.

Also would like to see wifi features, especially wifi battles between teams of 5-10 or so. Never got to try it in FE11/12. Perhaps even doing something similar to RE6, where if you turn the option on, another player can take control of an enemy unit (mainly generic mooks) in a story chapter. Not sure what rules or limitations there would be, but seems interesting. Should the player controlling the enemy unit not respond/disconnect it gets taken over by AI again.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order:

-Light magic other than Book of Naga, along with FE10's magic triangle.

-FEDS-styled reclassing where level isn't reset.

-SHOVING.

-Some actually innovative chapter objectives ala Tellius series.

-Touch screen controls ala FEDS.

-ENEMIES WITH PAIR UP.

-ACTUAL POSES FOR CHARACTERS. (This seems unlikely given what was seen in the first trailer)

-A better executed game engine, supports and other stuff included.

-Different portraits based on the character's class.

-An actually good game.

-Unnamed dancer as an actual lord character and not as a plot device.

Honorable mention:

-Story-based promotions for unnamed dancer and Kamui.

-An actually challenging final boss that isn't a pushover and disappointment like Grima.

-If children are brought back, have the fathers also produce a child like the mother for potential of different siblings on different playthroughs. Also different children characters/appearances based on pairings.

-An actual multiplayer mode.

-DLC that isn't copypasta and is actually interesting.

-No pedophile bait/impractical designs.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot ACTUAL PLAYER/ENEMY PHASE BATTLE MUSIC like past FE games.

Edited by Kiseki

Well, what Blackguards II did was provide the player with an overworld map with a series of towns/battlefields. Winning on one would, say, upgrade all your archers weapons one level (which, in this case, would go from iron to steel) among other possibilities (shop unlocks, character upgrades, some things dealing with enemies, the like). However every once in a while the big baddy would launch an attack on one of your occupied bases and, unless your main party was there right then, you would be forced to defend with mercenary units, who were noticeably weaker than your main party.

Additionally it would have occasional chapters where the players forces would need to divide up and the player would need to send some of their heroes with one group to fight a battle and use the others in another battle and fill the empty slots with mercenary units. Due to FE's roster size that can't really be done but the notion is worth keeping.

To top it off after certain maps the player would be allowed to interrogate prisoners and successful interrogations would do things such as reveal hidden passages or poison enemy generals at the start of the map.

I'm not going to say FE should become BGII, in fact BGII was pretty meh on the whole with some ungodly OP'ed mages, but I am saying that taking the time to at least look at another idea is worth-while.

10. Make pair ups less of a requirement. My meat with it isn't that it's OP, it's that it's required to even get past some levels and it really saps my interest in characters that end up just being paired up to others and gain XP in a significantly slower fashion. I want to use all my characters and flesh them all out to the fullest. FE:A would have been a lot more fun for me if I could just go single all the time and on REALLY difficult maps (cough Priam's map cough which I STILL haven't gotten past) pair up for a fairer fight.

9. More paralogues and extra gameplay for both grinding and fun. Thank goodness for the bonus box, but I'm really starting to get tired of it.

8. More classes and less characters that are more or less just the same.

7. Keep the miniskirts. I'm not male, and I only like males. But I'd totally wear the cutest thing I could find even in the FE:A universe and the miniskirt especially on Sumia is just adorable. And it's really not that unconventional. The only thing I could think of that was unconventional was the big hole in the Wyvern outfit but it's forgivable since it's freaking Cherche. The others? I don't know.

6. Sexier men. There, I said it. I said what we all wanted.

5. All sexes can be in any class. The reason I'm not saying any sex in any class is that sometimes the name itself is exclusive but I'm sure they can add some kind of counterpart like bard to dancer.

4. BETTER SUPPORTS. No more Cordelia x Frederick horror movies.

3. No carbon choices of either yes or no, but ALSO no just 'in the middle' choices. Minimum of 5 choice spread. Please. Otherwise it'll just be obvious where the story is going. I just want it to be realistic. Really though, what they SHOULD be changing are what we're choosing. Choosing between killing a friend or stealing money is one thing, but choosing between killing a friend that will otherwise suffer extremely for whatever reason is a much more realistic thing to decide.

2. Better character personalities.

1. Just more screen time and more time put on the characters that aren't the lord or MU. I care about everyone else too, and I'd care a great deal more if all the characters were given a proper place in the story. EVEN if that meant less characters.

Well, I'd totally marry Oliver but sadly... I'm not sure he'll be able to return since he's currently attending a photo shoot for when's he's announced to be "The Sexiest Man of all Time."

Anyways.

1. Different personalities for the Avatar. I know it probably won't happen as it'd require even more dialogue to be written, translated, et cetera, but it'd be awesome anyway.

2. As unpopular as it is, I'd like to have more reclassing options. I personally love the idea of reclassing and making ridiculous builds but a lot characters are stuck with a boring set of skills that don't exactly work together or make me interested in using them. At least postgame, I'd like the option to have units change into most classes.

3. Better supports. They're not all awful but some are just painful. Cherche's gimmick of having Minerva scream was just so cheesy.

4. Nerf Dual Support: Its a common gripe but I gotta agree that its too powerful, and just unfair to the enemy once the support level is high enough.

5. More class representation: There were no Barbarians/Berserkers you could recruit and that's kinda lame.

6. Less of a jump between hard and Lunatic. While I got past Lunatic and Lunatic+ I still gotta say that they should ease you more into it rather making it far more difficult. I'd still leave Lunatic+ the same though. I kinda liked it, despite being heavily lucked based and the ridiculous power of the enemies. (I got a Kris Confect, I guess I'm really lucky)

7. More skills that compliment each other. I like to try to mix and match skills that compliment each other to make units with more unique strategies. Vantage vengeance guys are more fun to use in my opinion.

8. Fix the option to switch the voices to Japanese so it doesn't revert the voices back to English when I quit the game.

9. Less stupid growth rates. Some units have ridiculously low growth rates. Vaike's resistance growth is brutal when you are trying to max out his stats.

10. More objectives. C'mon, there's gotta be more things we can do besides killing everything or just assassinating the boss with Mire.

I know a lot of these are post-game grinding things but honestly, I didn't have too much to complain about. Sure, I'd love other additions but with how I played Awakening, this is what I'd want for a sequel.

Alright, let's start from the top.

1. MALE Pegasus Knights. If the supposed Avatar for this game can reclass into the Pegasus Knight line, I'd be ecstatic. Finally, I can be a manly man whilst riding my pegasus.

2. More supports(assuming they come back) for more characters. I personally found it a little weird that Chrom couldn't support with more people, especially since he's the commander of the army. Then again, he is the commander so he might not have time but still!

3. 3rd tier classes. I know this is a little iffy but if they came but for certain characters I would be fine with that.

4. Deaths having more impact on the game. I hate having a character die because it makes me feel horrible but I want the others to be affected by it too. Make it a clear loss to the group so that I feel like I don't want to restart so I can honor their brave sacrifice for a little before restarting so that I can get them out of there alive.

5. An Avatar. I know some people don't really like the Avatar but I liked it. They weren't that bad of a character to me and I loved the support the Male MU had with Basilio.

6. Unique portraits even after a character reclassed. If a character reclasses, I want there to be a visible change besides the in-game model.

7. Choices really do matter. I know Iwata said that they'd have an impact but I want there to be a very noticeable impact. I don't know if I want to really stay in the neutral party throughout the whole game. Let me choose who I want to side with or at least which side I would interact with more.

8. Class buffs and nerfs. I want certain classes to be more useful or give me a compelling reason to want to use them. I don't use Falcon Knights that often since Dark Fliers have better abilities in my opinion but if they got a buff, say a new skill, I would be compelled to use them more often.

9. Unique in-game models. Look, if a character changes a class don't have him looking weird, especially in a 3D FE game. It felt disturbing to have me small stature Avatar in FEA have the Barbarian class.

10. FIX THE VOICE OPTION.

Here's a possible idea... 'Disable'. Something that's bothered me about FE is that a death almost always relates to a chapter restart to keep the units alive, but what if that wasn't the case? What if, when a players unit's HP reached 0, instead of an instant-death, they went into a 'disabled' state where they could still be rescued but if they took two more rounds of combat they'd be dead for good. Rescued units retreat but can be used again next battle w/o problems. That way perma-death is still a thing, messing up still has consequences, but you're not being handheld and sacrificing virgins to the RNG goddess to avoid the 1/1 curse.

Here's a possible idea... 'Disable'. Something that's bothered me about FE is that a death almost always relates to a chapter restart to keep the units alive, but what if that wasn't the case? What if, when a players unit's HP reached 0, instead of an instant-death, they went into a 'disabled' state where they could still be rescued but if they took two more rounds of combat they'd be dead for good. Rescued units retreat but can be used again next battle w/o problems. That way perma-death is still a thing, messing up still has consequences, but you're not being handheld and sacrificing virgins to the RNG goddess to avoid the 1/1 curse.

Hmm... what if they just put that into the supposed Casual mode? You'd still get the perma-death but you'd get the chances... or something.

I think is is pretty interesting but the only reason I'm skeptic is cause I want my original Classic mode, perma-deaths with no chances. I'm just stubborn, I know.

Hmm... what if they just put that into the supposed Casual mode? You'd still get the perma-death but you'd get the chances... or something.

I think is is pretty interesting but the only reason I'm skeptic is cause I want my original Classic mode, perma-deaths with no chances. I'm just stubborn, I know.

*shrug* Maybe. I know I hate the 1/1 curse though and how it can screw over a player without the player making any tactical mistakes.

My list, in no particular order:

10. Multiplayer that doesn't suck. So long as two players are fighting each other, I'm happy.

9. A map editor.

8. Multiple objectives.

7. Naval Battles. Not just maps on ships. I'm talking about you actually being able to control the ships. Some units can operate the ballistas, and some can guard against boarding. Flying units could also fly to the enemy ships and attack the masts to lower ship movement. It opens up many new strategic possibilities.

6. Not just more routs... a sandbox. You start out as the king of a nation on a continent. From there, you do what you will. There will be nations filling different roles (evil empire, kingdom, etc.), but you get to decide what your nation will do. You have full control over who your nation allies with. You can be an evil empire, or a benevolent monarchy. Say I was to declare war on a nation. I would then move my troops to their borders, and...

5. Massive, Jugdral style maps. I liked FE 4 because it felt like I was fighting a war. You take castles, there are different battles, etc. However, I would like there to be a more strategic approach, with a siege system, for example.

4. Recruitable, generic soldiers. The battle system could work like this: each named unit could act as a boss. Meanwhile, you could recruit generic units, who would be weak and would level up along with the commander. In this way, it would feel more like you were commanding an army, rather than a band of heroes. It felt a tad unrealistic when a civilian militia single handed ly beat the entire goddamn Valmese Empire.

3. A loyalty system. Named units would have their own personality. A more independent character, such as Vaike, would get angry if you did things like slaughter villages, eventually potentially rebelling and taking his army with him. A more undyingly loyal character, like Frederick, wouldn't care as much. Your wife and kids wouldn't care either. Doing evil things like annexing countries would give you more recruits to balance out some named characters deserting. In the same way, you can recruit other countries units like this. The Evil Empires Zelgius type character might go over to your side if you show enough moral superiority, and evil characters like Tharja would join you if you were evil.

2. Your Avatar really being your avatar. Your character will develop their personality entirely according to what you do alone. The Avatar in Awakening might as well have been an established character whose looks and name you could tweak. Depending on how you develop them, different potential spouses will be attracted to you. Also, when you have a kid, how you parent them will affect their personality.

1. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO EVIL GOD/ DRAGON /DEMON BEING A DICK.

This is actually looking like Total War meets Fire Emblem meets Crusader Kings. And I'm fine with that, cause it would be awesome.

My list, in no particular order:

10. Multiplayer that doesn't suck. So long as two players are fighting each other, I'm happy.

9. A map editor.

8. Multiple objectives.

7. Naval Battles. Not just maps on ships. I'm talking about you actually being able to control the ships. Some units can operate the ballistas, and some can guard against boarding. Flying units could also fly to the enemy ships and attack the masts to lower ship movement. It opens up many new strategic possibilities.

6. Not just more routs... a sandbox. You start out as the king of a nation on a continent. From there, you do what you will. There will be nations filling different roles (evil empire, kingdom, etc.), but you get to decide what your nation will do. You have full control over who your nation allies with. You can be an evil empire, or a benevolent monarchy. Say I was to declare war on a nation. I would then move my troops to their borders, and...

5. Massive, Jugdral style maps. I liked FE 4 because it felt like I was fighting a war. You take castles, there are different battles, etc. However, I would like there to be a more strategic approach, with a siege system, for example.

4. Recruitable, generic soldiers. The battle system could work like this: each named unit could act as a boss. Meanwhile, you could recruit generic units, who would be weak and would level up along with the commander. In this way, it would feel more like you were commanding an army, rather than a band of heroes. It felt a tad unrealistic when a civilian militia single handed ly beat the entire goddamn Valmese Empire.

3. A loyalty system. Named units would have their own personality. A more independent character, such as Vaike, would get angry if you did things like slaughter villages, eventually potentially rebelling and taking his army with him. A more undyingly loyal character, like Frederick, wouldn't care as much. Your wife and kids wouldn't care either. Doing evil things like annexing countries would give you more recruits to balance out some named characters deserting. In the same way, you can recruit other countries units like this. The Evil Empires Zelgius type character might go over to your side if you show enough moral superiority, and evil characters like Tharja would join you if you were evil.

2. Your Avatar really being your avatar. Your character will develop their personality entirely according to what you do alone. The Avatar in Awakening might as well have been an established character whose looks and name you could tweak. Depending on how you develop them, different potential spouses will be attracted to you. Also, when you have a kid, how you parent them will affect their personality.

1. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO EVIL GOD/ DRAGON /DEMON BEING A DICK.

This is actually looking like Total War meets Fire Emblem meets Crusader Kings. And I'm fine with that, cause it would be awesome.

Disclaimer:I mean no offense in anyway. I just wanted to say what I think about you're choices.

10.I would definitely want some PvP multiplayer instead of having to go against a the A.I.... still, I didn't think that the multiplayer was that bad in Awakening, but that's just me.

9.I dunno.... I can't really picture how this would work. It might not be a bad idea though.

8.Agreed.

7.That would be interesting... I just don't know how that would work like for 9.

6.This would be a pretty big change for the whole series.. I prefer the usual game-play in FE to this. It's just my opinion though. I've never been one for these kinds of games.

5.I mostly agree with this but like before, I'm too lazy to imagine the siege system.

4.I prefer having a group of heroes to having generic ones. I like having my band of unique heroes and sometimes not being realistic isn't a bad thing.

3.I would love to have a system like this. It seems really cool... it would go along with the routes thing if they have that as well.

2.Agreed.

1.Ehhh.... maybe if they were being a small dick... but I do prefer human antagonists to big bad gods.

Just felt like I wanted to say this. Again, this is my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone here.

Disclaimer:I mean no offense in anyway. I just wanted to say what I think about you're choices.

10.I would definitely want some PvP multiplayer instead of having to go against a the A.I.... still, I didn't think that the multiplayer was that bad in Awakening, but that's just me.

9.I dunno.... I can't really picture how this would work. It might not be a bad idea though.

8.Agreed.

7.That would be interesting... I just don't know how that would work like for 9.

6.This would be a pretty big change for the whole series.. I prefer the usual game-play in FE to this. It's just my opinion though. I've never been one for these kinds of games.

5.I mostly agree with this but like before, I'm too lazy to imagine the siege system.

4.I prefer having a group of heroes to having generic ones. I like having my band of unique heroes and sometimes not being realistic isn't a bad thing.

3.I would love to have a system like this. It seems really cool... it would go along with the routes thing if they have that as well.

2.Agreed.

1.Ehhh.... maybe if they were being a small dick... but I do prefer human antagonists to big bad gods.

Just felt like I wanted to say this. Again, this is my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone here.

The editor would work like it did in Advance Wars. In regards to the sandbox, it would sort of be like the Awakening world map, but with everything open. There would be an established story, but you can react to it in any way. For example, if the game starts with the Empire of Generic Evil invading the Kingdom of goodness, you can either declare war on the Empire, fight them, or wait. The sandbox style might be better suited for a spinoff, in hindsight. In terms of naval battles and sieges, that's why I'm not a developer. Again, the Recruitable generics might be better suited for a spinoff. Mainly, the idea of a Fire Emblem game where you're allowed to be the badass, conquering emperor appeals to me very much. I think Walhart was right. I do think, though, that a sandbox would be the best place for an Avatar, for better control over their development.

My top 10:

1.Male Pegasus Knights and Female Axe users.

2. Bring back the magic triangle! I loved using Light magic units in the older games

3. Bring back playable classes like; Bishops,Pirates, Soldiers, brigands, Trainee classes,Bard, and maybe Summoner.

4. A Female Lord who doesn't get her glory taken away by a male one, Lyn>Eliwood/Hector, Erika>Ephriam.

5. Dismounting from the older games

6. Wider variety in maps and the conditions to win the maps! ie; Fog of war, snow, volcanic and seize, survive, etc etc

7. Either third tier or branch classing: Either none or severely limited reclassing.

8. Special classes worth training, like prince or princess with their own special skills

9. Support system like past games, like everyone has their set list and can't marry the guy who they have no connections with. Basically the supports need to make since!

10. Give the villains more diversity and more background in regards to it all. Examples: Lyon-FE8, Nergal and the Four Fangs-FE7. Make us somewhat feel for the villain but still want to beat them.

Edited by Jentin

The editor would work like it did in Advance Wars. In regards to the sandbox, it would sort of be like the Awakening world map, but with everything open. There would be an established story, but you can react to it in any way. For example, if the game starts with the Empire of Generic Evil invading the Kingdom of goodness, you can either declare war on the Empire, fight them, or wait. The sandbox style might be better suited for a spinoff, in hindsight. In terms of naval battles and sieges, that's why I'm not a developer. Again, the Recruitable generics might be better suited for a spinoff. Mainly, the idea of a Fire Emblem game where you're allowed to be the badass, conquering emperor appeals to me very much. I think Walhart was right. I do think, though, that a sandbox would be the best place for an Avatar, for better control over their development.

Oh, okay. I think I get it now. Like you said, it would be better suited for a spinoffs but I think I understand now.

My top 10:

1.Male Pegasus Knights and Female Axe users.

2. Bring back the magic triangle! I loved using Light magic units in the older games

3. Bring back playable classes like; Bishops,Pirates, Soldiers, brigands, Trainee classes,Bard, and maybe Summoner.

4. A Female Lord who doesn't get her glory taken away by a male one, Lyn>Eliwood/Hector, Erika>Ephriam.

5. Dismounting from the older games

6. Wider variety in maps and the conditions to win the maps! ie; Fog of war, snow, volcanic and seize, survive, etc etc

7. Either third tier or branch classing: Either none or severely limited reclassing.

8. Special classes worth training, like prince or princess with their own special skills

9. Support system like past games, like everyone has their set list and can't marry the guy who they have no connections with. Basically the supports need to make since!

10. Give the villains more diversity and more background in regards to it all. Examples: Lyon-FE8, Nergal and the Four Fangs-FE7. Make us somewhat feel for the villain but still want to beat them.

Like I did with blah2127, I want to say what I think. I don't mean to offend anyone here in anyway.

1.YES. I wanna ride my pegasus so badly...

2.Light magic always looked cool, I wouldn't mind that... maybe some new elements? I dunno.

3.Not too many classes but I'm open to some of them coming back. I mostly want to see new ones.

4.Well.. if the Avatar is the Lord of the game, then that would technically count. If you mean like a non-MU. that makes sense. I liked Erika and although Ephraim was pretty cool I still preferred her.

5.Interesting, yes.

6.Agreed.

7.I like recalling so I disagree on that part but third tier and branch classing aren't bad things.

8.So making MC's even more unique? Not opposed to it entirely but as long as they aren't broken.

9.Awww, but I like S-Supporting with all the ladies.... Seriously though, I do like having more supports then just a set list though, so I can play Cupid.

10.Agreed.

They had a similar system in Valkyrie Chronicles where you could rescue your characters within a number of turns to prevent them from dying after they lose all their health. If the enemy touched their body before you rescued them, they died immediately. That said, for VC, there were much higher chances of people getting killed than Fire Emblem so a 'dead for good' system wouldn't work at all in that game. As it stands, what you're suggesting is little different than casual mode. I think the system would need a stricter penalty, like being blocked from the next mission to give them time to recover.