Blizzard In New York 2015

Owain_the_swordsman

Snow is awesome, how can you not like snow? I mean, you can throw it at people and slide a bunch of it under their coats and rub it in their faces, what's not to love? It's also white and pretty and super fluffy if you're more into that kind of thing~

I'm pretty sure people who still like snow have never been properly suffered from it or seen/thought about what is does in general. Having stuff like exams cancelled and rescheduled is horrible for a start, then there's flight difficulties, driving to work etc and the number of people that die from the cold or icy conditions. The fact that it looks nice does not change the fact that it makes a lot of lives significantly more difficult.

I'm glad snow's rare in the UK, can't imagine what a 24 hour blizzard would be like.

There was a massive fire in 2013 in my area. That sucked so bad. Theres always bad fires, but lately, theyve been hella bad.

In the higher elevations, we got some snow and rain in December. But its all dry again and ugh.

I like snow a lot. I have a Jeep with 4x4 and snow tires too. I lol at slippery roads. I just dont like shoveling or when it starts smushing trees and roofs.

I know right we need more snow! It's terrible!

I'm pretty sure people who still like snow have never been properly suffered from it or seen/thought about what is does in general. Having stuff like exams cancelled and rescheduled is horrible for a start, then there's flight difficulties, driving to work etc and the number of people that die from the cold or icy conditions. The fact that it looks nice does not change the fact that it makes a lot of lives significantly more difficult.

I'm glad snow's rare in the UK, can't imagine what a 24 hour blizzard would be like.

Let's see a 24 hour blizzard is about a week of shit.

It's starts off with being holed up inside your house for about 36 hours, except those times where you have to shovel so that it doesn't compact then freeze and become a bigger pita, or cause your roof to fall in, or make it impossible to get your generator out of your shed. Once the storm itself is over, well usually the powers out because national grid sucks, then it takes a day or two to clear all the debris that falls on the road. Then it can take up to a week to get power back up, in the mean time you have to spend a pretty on gas for your generator or a hotel depending on how cold it is. And that's about it.

I know right we need more snow! It's terrible!

Nooooooooooo... I hate winters...

(At least I'm living in western Quebec, so I won't get that storm.)

Edited by Naughx

Snow is awesome, how can you not like snow? I mean, you can throw it at people and slide a bunch of it under their coats and rub it in their faces, what's not to love? It's also white and pretty and super fluffy if you're more into that kind of thing~

Hawaii here, what the fuck is snow? :P:

I used to like snow then a few blizzards happened (thanks new york) and i hated snow since also our schools actually don't close most of the time for snow as far as college goes, unlike high school, unless it's this extreme so there's also walking to class while buried in snow. I remember a post-sandy storm where I showed up to class anyway because nothing was officially cancelled and it was awful 0/10 would not recommend

Sounds like it must be a hell of a blizzard, if college classes are being cancelled left and right.

Stay safe, everyone. I hope the worst of it is over (at least the stuff falling from the sky).

I was in boston for the snowstorm 2 years ago IIRC. I remember shoveling snow off a tiny balcony (like, big enough for 2 ppl max) so my friend could smoke pot outside. And sleeping on a super comfy couch or futon. And the subways weren't operating so I walked 3 miles to get to south station so I could catch my bus home. It was fun.

Edited by Severlan

Well, I can't open either of my doors. I have to shovel an entire deck once we can get the damn doors open.

Its three feet all around. Hopefully, some of it'll melt tomorrow.

the only time we really had anything resembling a bad snow storm was a few years back when my high school was closed for at least two weeks because we suck at combating weather in the UK

because of that I missed weeks of teaching in a pretty busy history schedule where we already had a substitute teacher and ended up having to drop down a class because I failed the prelim by one mark

fuck snow