Fire Emblem: Magvel 803 - Alternate Story Act Three

Shin

Mercedes grumbled towards the foppish man that was hitting on her - he reminded her too much of that snob, Juan, complete with the fact that Mercedes was sure she could break the guy in half if she were so inclined. Then again, since she was consistently running with a group now, that was a bad idea for her rep and the group's as a whole. Maybe.

"Sorry pal, but if your legs are cut down so easily, then they wouldn't even make good kindling." She took another drink then added, "and your other wood's nothing to write home about either."

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Twelve hundred... Oh, alright. Y'darn worked me into a deal, sir! I'll be back fer the armor t'morrah, so d'you just want like, half o' th'gold right now?" Fred starts to take off his patchwork armor, so that hopefully, his bucket can protect his bucket even better. Besides, there wouldn't be a problem with him walking around in a shirt. "Here's hopin' yer work's just as good as what you've got goin' on in yer shop here, sir."

Deal

"Don't you worry, son. I'll fix you right up." the blacksmith replied, placing Fred's armour on his anvil. "I'll get to it right away, like I said, should be ready by tomorrow morning."

Thea left the arena, feeling slightly excited but somber at the same time. She hadn't realized just how much this war had been bothering her until that conversation with Pierre. She hesitated and then decided to head to the Great Library, Maybe she could find one of her old teachers to talk to. If nothing else, she could maybe find a book on these monsters that had been reappearing, find out a way to fight them.

Thea heads to the library

"Well, I reckon I leave you to it. And I gots m'self a great way to spend th'rest of the day makin' that gold back!" Fred smiles a wide, country smile, and heads himself back to Ted's farm. Working without armor tends to go even better!

Edgar had been wandering around aimlessly all day long. Something was off about the capital, something he couldn't quite put his finger on. Deciding that he might as well get something done rather than wasting away the whole day, he opted to go to the hospital to get his injuries checked out. Hopefully there was no lasting damage.

Edgar heads to the hospital

Risa waited around for Thea for a little while, before concluding that she'd probably left through another exit. Feeling more confident about her chances after seeing how easily the last opponent fell, she plucked up the courage to challenge it herself and went inside. She smelt her opponent before she saw him - it was almost like he'd fallen into a toilet or something. He couldn't be too difficult to take down, right?

Wurds are for nurds

Entering the Great Library, Thea knew her way around the building far too well. Collecting herself a good pile of books, her studying was soon interrupted by a familiar dark presence, one that she knew was her mentor.

"Thea, it's good to see you haven't gotten yourself killed. You and your little friends have been causing quite the commotion."

Farmer Ted's best boy Fred

Overjoyed to see Fred again, Farmer Ted passed the lad a shovel and joined him in the fields.

"Watching you work makes me feel ten years younger!" he laughed, forcing his shovel into the ground. "You should stop by tomorrow afternoon, you'll meet my nephew. You boys'll get along like peas in a pod! Don't mind his talkin' though, the poor lad's never been good with his words."

Fred gains 5 Axe WEXP!

Medicine, a couple hundred years too early

Having the sense to get his wounds sorted, Edgar's trip to the medicine man was rather interesting. Approached by a balding middle aged man, before he knew it, Edgar's arm had been splattered with some green paste.

"This should fix you up, you're lucky it's minor... otherwise we'd need to get the leeches out."

Unsure whether he'd just healed naturally over time or if the cure had worked, Edgar at least had the assurance that his wounds were dealt with.

DA ARENA

The guard nodded, knowing too well of Risa's plans. As she stepped into the arena, she was faced with a dim looking wyvern rider, one Jason would have recognised as Matthew if he had been present.

"Hyuck hyuck hyuck! Me and my reading wyvern were in the army! We'll show you literacy and potency together!"

[spoiler=He still sucks]

Matthew Lvl 1* Toilet Warden @ Steel Lance
HP 34/34
Atk: 13
Hit: 59
Crt: 0
AS: 12
vs
Risa Lvl 13 Horsebird @ Sharp Knife
HP: 27/27
Atk: 12
Hit: 65
Crt: 1
AS: 16
Risa stabs for 12 damage! (Matthew 22/34)
(58, 64, 17)
Matthew returns for 13 damage! (Risa 14/27)
(55, 30, 85)
Risa doubles and does 12 damage! (Matthew 10/34)
(53, 23, 22)
Matthew strikes for 13 damage! (Risa 1/27)
(65, 42, 30)
Risa finishes!
(15, 69, 43)
"It's like that time with the plunger!"
Risa gains 57 XP!

Having been beaten, Matthew took a few seconds to gather the few thoughts he had in his head. "That was a good'un! That small sword of yours was amazing! Although you might need something a little tougher for the other guys, they're nasty stuff!"

Thea looked up at Kelbara and nodded slightly. "It's good to see you. Yes... we've done quite a bit since I joined them. It... It's been an experience. There's been monsters and Seth and... So much. It's certainly been good for my magic but... I'm not sure why we're fighting or if it's right or... anything I guess. I've been trying to find out more about the monsters but..." She shook her head. "Too much knowledge has been lost it seems."

Jason left the pawn shop with as few words as he exited, opting to remove his mask for the new darkened spectacles on the way out. After a moment's thought, he headed off towards the army barracks to see what was in store there.

"Um... thanks I guess." Risa replied, not really sure how to reply to a comment about a reading wyvern. Still, it might be possible for her to get some information out of him, or it was worth a shot at least. "So... are the later guys much stronger than you? What kind of weapons do they have?"

"Aw, shucks, Mr. Ted, I'm just glad t'be able t'help out! Don't mind iffin I do hop on over t'morrah. I'd be more'n overjoyed t'meet yer nephew! I s'pose he's a good lad, even iffin his words ain't great. Mine ain't that great neither." He shoves his shovel into the ground and stats digging, smiling over the prospect of meeting more wonderful people.

Entering the library, Alex took a passing glance to the rows of books and let out a sigh. Dunno why I'd felt dad woulda be here. He must be busy doing... whatever the court asks researchers to do? Using her new freedom from current lack of armor to stretch her arms up, she walked over to somebody that seemed like staff. "Uh, do ya know where books on healing are?" Another thought came to her. "What about ones on diseases? Plagues?" Right, maybe I'll find out something on Gant's thing.

Conversing with a literate animal... and a wyvern

Matthew turned to his wyvern, as if he were asking permission to speak. "Yah, there's a little lady with a bow... um... there's a funny sneaky man who makes your weapons go ick too!" he laughed. "Watch out for the eye patch guy though, he really makes things scary."

Looks for books

Alex's curiosity led her to a few choice books. It took a while to get anything that made sense, but there was one passage that was relatively helpful.

"A sickness that penetrates deep into the lungs, spreading disease throughout the body.

Even with rest and isolation, it often takes weeks or months to be vanquished.

In older times, sufferers were burned in order to prevent its spread.

But now, as long as one does not breath in the sickness, it shall not claim them also."

A word with a mentor

Kelbara nodded, still smirking. "If there's no knowledge written down, you need to find it for yourself." she replied. "Things like right and wrong are boring, you need to see if you like what's happening. If you don't, you need to bend it to your liking. The undead intrigue me, they're coordinated somewhat... it would be rather exciting to see if any user of magic could bring them forth."

The Barracks

As he approached the barracks, Jason found himself amongst men as stoic as himself. Everyone around him was engaged in some sort of training exercise, whether it was sparring with another or doing sit-ups. An armoured man with a great long moustache stood in the centre, watching the others carefully.

"I see you're another one of the troops, looking to keep yourself sharp between battles? If you're going to do it anywhere, it's going to be here."

Physical weapon WEXP - 150G for 5 WEXP, 350G for 10 WEXP, 550G for 15

Growth reallocation - Enquire

Constitution training - 1000 per point

General training - 200G for 25 XP

Beggars can't be choosers, but they can choose where they beg!

Kassem's efforts didn't go too poorly, it was very easy to mistake him for a bum. The poor ignored him and the rich tossed him a couple of coins. However, there's only so generous a noble can be to a beggar...

Kassem gains 150G!

Thea frowned. "They... They can. We ran across this group... They were trying to summon some monster that they thought would save them all... We uh... interrupted their ritual slightly? It summoned a less powerful version of the monster, I believe... But they seemed to be working with other monsters as well. But one of the cultists that was alive at the end mentioned that it was through a ritual that was known to their leader but had been used before in the past."

Alex was glad to find any information about Gant's disease at all. Weeks or months, huh? He'll need ta stay strong for a long while, eesh. Maybe the hospital would be able to give more advice later?

Satisfied with her studies (and doubtful she'd learn much more about the disease), Alex put the books back, starting another search. Alex started to look for books on magic. "I'll need ta focus more on healin'. Nobody else knows how to uses staves, not 'nymore." She mumbled, a memory of a certain stuck-up soldier came to her. "Where did he go anyways? Thanks fer dropping all the healin' business on me," Alex sighed.

Evil talk

Kelbara listened intently. "I see, I would recommend you take a look at the heart of the conflict. I have a feeling something darker than simply a land feud is involved, much more so than that. My expectations of you are great Thea, don't disappoint me."

Thea gains 5 Dark WEXP!

Alex, thwomp and scholar in disguise

Having remembered Aolong for a brief moment, part of the text Alex was reading finally made sense. He had a peculiar way of holding his staff, perhaps that was how it was meant to be done? All the books seemed to suggest otherwise. Had Alex been doing it wrong the whole time?

Alex gains 5 Staff WEXP!

Da Bar

The man laughed, running his hand through his hair. "Oh, you're not like the other girls are you?" he replied, his expression becoming less foolish. "You're not the type to fall for pick-up lines and trinkets, not one bit."

Rising from his chair, the man placed an item on the table, taking a few steps away from the bar. "I'm here almost every night. I look forward to seeing you again."

Mercedes found a Red Gem?

Library woo

Kelbara cackled, giving Thea a fiendish smile before turning towards the door. "You were always the best of my students, I'm certain you'll surprise me one day."

Mercedes just kept drinking, confused by the man's reaction to her shooting him down. She got paid for telling a guy off? That sounded like a good business plan, if the whole "axewoman for hire" thing ever fell through on her. Well, unless she was dead, but then she didn't have to worry about the beer and all her other vices, because Heaven had plenty of that stuff.

... She was going to Heaven, right?

Get buff, son

The trainer smiled, looking at the self proclaimed vigilante. "So you want to get stronger, son? There's a couple of exercises that might help you out then, might convince those arms of yours to man up. Might throw your back out once in a while, but no pain, no gain!"

Jason pays 400 gold to tweak his growths!

Waking up the next morning, Kassem decided to see what he could get with his new found money to benefit his own survival or that would otherwise be nice to have. Collecting all his money and other small trinkets, he paraded himself down to a pawn shop to get a look at their wares. Even if they had nothing that interested him, there were a pawn shop, so surely he would be able to exchange something.

Edgar yawned lazily. He should have reported in yesterday, but the circumstances didn't allow for it. No matter, he was expected to be reporting in later that day anyways. Might as well get a little practice in before more work, he thought to himself as he walked to just the place to do that.

Edgar 1v1's some scrub in the arena

Edited by Refa

Waking up, and realizing he wasn't actually wearing his armor, Fred decides to head over the blacksmith to pick up his, hopefully, newly crafted set of duds! And that there sword, if the man had it ready. Things were looking up! And so was Fred. The clouds made lovely shapes in the morning.