Fire Emblem: Magvel 803 - Alternate Story Act Three

Shin

"I'm always up fer a fair fight there sir!" Although, after it was said and done, Fred didn't really know how fair the fight had been. The man had used a knife, which was real annoying, 'cause he could shank it up into the openings in Fred's armor. Problem fer the little guy was that Fred's new armor was practically a shield as well as being armor, so sometimes the man would aim, and simply clang off of a section. By the end of their slog fest, with Fred getting used to his new toy sword, Fred was gettin' a bit tired of havin' t'swing around for someone so swift. So tired and bothered that his sword started glowing blue. "Oh, hey! This'n works with swords, too!" Bingo! One swing after and the rogue was collapsed on the ground. "Oops," Fred said, sinking his shoulders. "Hey, there. You uh, you alright?"

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercedes pouted a bit as some of her companions either ignored her outright or declined; she was kinda hoping to make it a big team-building exercise to get drunk off their collective asses before going off to battle. It was more fun fighting drunk, though admittedly less fun fighting with a hangover. That could change, though, if the people beside her weren't lousy drunks. Hopefully.

"So, just you two, then?" Mercedes turned towards the two people who had said yes, beaming. Sort of. Well, as much as she could when she was already partly drunk. "Alright then, les' go drinkin'! I'm buyin'!" The boisterous axewoman cried out as she led her companions out to the pub.

Some was better than all, she figured.

"A'ight, lead the way." Alex nodded, following the mercenary. Hmm, actually, I kinda wonder... "Uh, do ya know a good drink for a first try? Figured I could relax, but... I dunno how strong these really are, y'know?" Alex admitted, slightly embarassed. Being uptight was normal conduct as a soldier, but now that they had a free day, it was hard to just let that part of her go. "If I ended up too out of it, that wouldn't be fun." Pause, "Would it?"

Probably not the best question to be asking an already tipsy companion.

"Yep, looks like it," Kassem answered calmly, glancing about. Though he didn't know anyone in the group that well, he did know that where there was drink, Mercedes would have enthusiasm. "I know," he continued, following behind the axewoman. "You said you would already."

The theif shrugged at Alex's question. "I'd start with ale and work my way up. Of course, I don't drink a lot, so what do I know?" This way indeed true; having always relied on being nimble, Kassem rarely drank much. He didn't intend to drink much even now, though having at least one person sober couldn't hurt. "Hah! Well, the hangover will," he smirked.

Da knife is right

The pawn shop owner gave Thea a funny look before his eyes widening at the word of the knife. "Where'd you get that idea from?" he asked, actually showing interest in his customers for once. "If you've got the matching knife to my fork, I'll give you a solid three grand if it's good nick... maybe a bit less if you busted it up some."

Having nothing to do after the meeting, Risa decided to just wander for a little while and look around the capital. Eventually, she spotted an apothecary, and decides to go inside.

Booze is good food

Mercedes was no stranger to the bar, the doorman seemed to recognise her from the previous day. "Come in, lass! Bring your friends too! Ol' George will get you a round, on the house!" he cheered, obviously aware of how good Mercedes was as a customer worth keeping. As the trio passed through the door, there was a decent gathering already. However, one potentially familiar face waved at Mercedes.

"Ah, good to see you, I was rather looking forward to seeing you again."

Cutlery is a man's best friend

Nodding in agreement, the storekeeper took the knife, thrusting the money into Thea's hands. "That's great, thanks... take this too." he said quickly, in awe of the item he'd just received. "Come by some time, I'll be sure to have something special in stock."

Thea gains 3000G and a Strange Idol!

Mercedes groaned as she heard a voice not unfamiliar to her. "God dammit..." She muttered to herself as she approached the man with Alex and Kassem in tow. At least if the guy tried anything funny, she had backup. "Alright, whaddya want this time?" She replied to the waving man, hoping that it was more money. Well, secretly, anyways. She kinda wanted him to go away, too, but that was secondary to more drinking money.

Alex didn't quite know what to expect of a bar like that, just giving a curious look. The bar people seemed acquainted with Mercedes, that's for sure. "One round on tha house?" Alex spoke up. "Well, sure! Bring up one of yer best, ha ha!" At least she found it easy to break the ice now. Following Mercedes as she confronted a guy who seemed suspiciously friendly towards her was just as curious a development. "Huh? Mercedes, do ya know who this guy is?"

"Thank you very much! I'll make sure to stop by some other time." She took the gold and the small idol and headed out of the shop. Glancing around, she decided to try and find a shop that might hold some sort of magical items that would be useful for their group.

Thea tries to find a shop none of the group has been to yet that sells useful things

Prince Charmless

Mercedes' memory had actually survived the barrage of alcohol from the previous night, it was the fancy man from before. He turned to Alex, giving her a smile. "Mercedes and I met the previous night, we were drinking together." he replied, flicking his hair back. "We had quite the conversation. I'd be more than happy to treat you lovely ladies and your... charming friend to drinks after your initial round. I'm Lampert von Hanover, it's a pleasure."

That shop where they group haven't been but probably still has useful stuff maybe

Thea's search of the market proved rather fruitless, the group had visited most of the stalls already. However, there was one alley that they'd neglected - one that Thea seemed intent on exploring. As she travelled down it, the noise of the market behind her faded away, leaving an eerie cold silence. To her left stood a shady figure, clad in a brown cloak. Offering a package forwards, the individual spoke to Thea.

"You, take this package to under the bridge outside of the city... I'll make it worth your while. Don't tell anyone and come alone."

Wonderful drugs

Risa's task was far easier than expected, the apothecary was in plain sight. An old lady sat at the desk, nodding slowly as she seemed to stare off into space.

Vulnerary (3/3) - 450G

Concoction (3/3) - 1100G

Elixir (3/3) - 3000G

Fresh Spice - 500G

Pure Water - 1250G

Edited by Shin

Thea hesitated but then took the offered package. Tucking it into the satchel she kept her tomes in, she frowned slightly. "I'll do this, but if I find out that you're up to something terrible, you will regret it, ok?" She didn't mind the fact that she might be doing some sort of smuggling or something. So far as she figured, the country had bigger things to be concerned about than some transport of stolen goods or similar. But if she was helping someone do terrible things to innocents...

Thea, the great deliverer

The individual did not respond, merely returning back the side of the alley. It wasn't a large package by any means, but Thea's intuition was probably spot on - it was at least somewhat shifty.

Thea frowned, taking the package out of her satchel as she headed towards the outskirts of the city. Forming a small ball of light, she inspected the package, trying to get some sense of what it might be.

Word on the street

Blending into the shadows, Jason could hear a few tidbits from the city folk. They probably all talked too much for his liking, but at least he could get something from it.

"The arena sure is getting good. I liked the guy in the armour, he was super cool! I don't think he should fight the next few people though, there's a guy with a nasty sword."

"They say that the pawn shop's going out of business... apparently the keeper's not great with his money. Shame, it was an interesting place."

"Poker? Who doesn't love poker, there's a big game at the pub tonight, I'm gonna rake it in!"

"Looks like you've built yourself a bit of a reputation," Kassem mumbled to himself as he trailed behind his companions. The thief was keeping a rather low profile at the moment. He hadn't said much, stayed close to the two more combat-capable women, and replied to Lampert with little more than wave and a few more mutterings about Mercedes affinity for the bar. Instead, he contented himself with glancing about room and making a mental map of the establishment.

Han... gover? Tha heck kinda last name is that?! "Is this guy fer real, Mercedes?" Alex asked, just to be sure she wasn't missing something going on between Mercedes and the dude. "Uh, nice to meet ya, mistuh von-fancypants. That's awful nice of ya to offer... but isn't that a bit much fer people ye've never met? What's the catch?" Alex put a hand on her hips, leaning against the counter. He's acting way too nice. I don't buy it! Turning back to the barkeep, she waited for her drink to be put in the counter.

Edited by Xinnidy

Eventually Thea was outside the city, and started to look around for whoever she was supposed to give this package to. She'd been tempted to look in it, but hadn't wanted to get in trouble. Besides, she planned on questioning whoever was here before she actually handed it over.

Kassem smirked here, and decided now was a fine time to start running his mouth, at least to one person. "The catch is probably that he's trying to land a date," he remarked, stretching a bit as he leaned against the counter as well. He'd not made a motion for so much as his first drink. "You had to have at least heard of this scenario: A guy likes how a girl looks, buys her a drink, acts nice. It's all to score points."

Da box

As she'd been told, there was a lone person under the bridge. They ushered Thea forwards, their eyes fixed on the package. "Good, here's something for your troubles." they rasped, eager to get hold of the package. "Remember, this is between us."

Thea gains 600G and a Secret Book!

Mercedes' number 1 fan

Lampert shook his head, smiling at Alex. "I can see why that would look suspect, very well observed, my dear." he replied. "However, as lovely a lady as you may be. I only have eyes for Mercedes over there. We only met the previous night... she's nothing like the other girls I've wooed. She's so unrefined, yet somehow graceful. I cannot explain it, but my heart commands me so."

Either he was completely nuts or smashed... and considering that his glass was mostly full, one would be inclined to think the former.

Mercedes was too busy drinking to really pay attention to that fop Lampert. She figured somethin' was up with his head if he was still going after her, considering she presumably made it clear that she didn't want in his pants.

Oh god, what if he was one of those types? Mercedes may well have had to break him. Shame, too, since he seems like he'd crumple in one hit from the axewoman.

Then again, she wondered if maybe she'd get more free stuff from him? Who knows.

No dice, it's a box

The figure looked from side to side, making sure the coast was clear. "Something interesting, there are some high up people willing to pay a lot of money for some fancy herbs... but forget I said anything."