Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

Digni-what now ? To me French always sounds rather... brutish. And I'm french.

Though I agree that German and English are super-badass.

I'm French too, but I think it has a cassier feel than most language.

Italian is classier, but not that much used for some reason.

At least that's the feeling they try to invoke when they used it in Japanese Media.

Mademoiselle Eclair Grand Tonnerre sounds classier than Miss Lightning Big Thunder, right ? (Though damn, that's baddass as hell)

Edited by Tamanoir

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, German is badass.

Ich bin bergsteigen heute gegangen.

You don't even know what that says, but it sounds cool. If they're gonna use some "cool"-sounding German names, though, they should have characters named, like, "Orangensaft" or "Scheußlich". Just kidding. I'm liking the names they have for the Nohr characters. Not too Engrish-y.

You want to know what it says? I (am) mountain-climbing today went ;P (I'll leave the correct grammer to someone else).

And please don't do that. I'm dutch, I know german quite well, so don't ruin the game for us (any german speaker). Would you like a character who is called orange-juice or sweet. I can live with the german numbers for names, but not other words XD

Oh and you like german, try to pronounce Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz XD

Or the dutch word hottentottententententoonstellingsterrein (try to pronounce that >:D)

I'm French too, but I think it has a cassier feel than most language.

Italian is classier, but not that much used for some reason.

At least that's the feeling they try to invoke when they used it in Japanese Media.

Mademoiselle Eclair Grand Tonnerre sounds classier than Miss Lightning Big Thunder, right ? (Though damn, that's baddass as hell)

Eh, you're right. It's just that I lost most of my faith in the language after hearing too much people speaking french like crap, I was kinda skeptical. And I wanted to do a jab about the language anyway

In Etrian Odyssey, I called two of my characters Pomme and Sucre, in a french fiction, it would be ridiculous, but in a english or a japanesese fiction, it works. Apple and Sugar are not the best name ever in an english game. :p

Lightning Big Thunder sound like a good name though, it would definitely make a lasting impression in a game.

So, wanna eat some frogs with me later on ?

"Klassenprojekt" sounds also really great.

Yeah, German sounds badass, French sounds dignified, and English sounds cool.

Haha Klassenprojekt is actually also a dutch word

It just means class project, nothing special xD

Is there an updated version of the image with all the characters/sprites and names we've glimpsed so far? I remember seeing one a few weeks back; I'm wanting to see if I've missed out on any new faces while I've been gone as it's hard to keep track of everyone that's spotted (even if only briefly) in magazine screens or trailers.

Sorry if there's a better place to ask this, but thanks in advance!

Edited by Missiletainn

Is there an updated version of the image with all the characters/sprites and names we've glimpsed so far? I remember seeing one a few weeks back; I'm wanting to see if I've missed out on any new faces while I've been gone as it's hard to keep track of everyone that's spotted (even if only briefly) in magazine screens or trailers.

Sorry if there's a better place to ask this, but thanks in advance!

There is no updated version to my knowledge. Then again we didn't get that many new portraits. We got Aqua's, the silver-haired knight's who we now know is named Cyrus and that's it. No new characters, although we're getting some in a few hours. As for the names:

The green ninja from Hoshido is Suzukaze

The female armor knight from Nohr is Elphie

The troubadour(rod knight) princess of Nohr is Elise

The dark knight prince also from Nohr is Leon

The archer prince from Hoshido was confirmed to be named Takumi

I think that's about it recently, although we got some new names from the leak of the upcoming famitsu article, but we don't know for sure whose they are. Theoretically:

The Jeigan from Nohr is Gunter

The butler from Hoshido's box art is Joker

Finally we got three new characters coming up: A ninja named Kagerou, a Lancefighter(or something) called Oboro, and a female dark knight called Nix.

Edit: Gotta love when what you write becomes obsolete a minute later:3

Edited by Cysx

There is no updated version to my knowledge. Then again we didn't get that many new portraits. We got Aqua's, the silver-haired knight's who we now know is named Cyrus and that's it. No new characters, although we're getting some in a few hours. As for the names:

The green ninja from Hoshido is Suzukaze

The female armor knight from Nohr is Elphie

The troubadour(rod knight) princess of Nohr is Elise

The dark knight prince also from Nohr is Leon

The archer prince from Hoshido was confirmed to be named Takumi

I think that's about it recently, although we got some new names from the leak of the upcoming famitsu article, but we don't know for sure whose they are. Theoretically:

The Jeigan from Nohr is Gunter

The butler from Hoshido's box art is Joker

Finally we got three new characters coming up: A ninja named Kagerou, a Lancefighter(or something) called Oboro, and a female dark knight called Nix.

Edit: Gotta love when what you write becomes obsolete a minute later:3

Ah, thanks! I wasn't sure if I had missed anything.

Joker seems like a weird name, huh. I keep imagining Joker from Batman. Wonder what their name will be outside of Japan. Lance fighter also sounds interesting.

Ah, thanks! I wasn't sure if I had missed anything.

Joker seems like a weird name, huh. I keep imagining Joker from Batman. Wonder what their name will be outside of Japan. Lance fighter also sounds interesting.

Wildcard

Wait.. Wrong game.

I'm really interrested by him, especially because of his VA... (He's Archer and Undertaker.)

Probably like aweek before its street date lol

Past like three FE games have had pretty low preview coverage... makes me sad :(

Huh, seems fine to me.

They just bunch all the info around a month before the game's release.

If anything, the games before Awakening and if had way less coverage. Or maybe it's just my memory playing tricks.

Edited by VincentASM

Huh, seems fine to me.

They just bunch all the info around a month before the game's release.

If anything, the games before Awakening and if had way less coverage. Or maybe it's just my memory playing tricks.

I can't remember hearing nearly as much about 8-11, but then again I wasn't on Serenes back then

dengeki2105-2.jpg

There's something I've been curious about in this image. In the upper right there is the avatar customization screen. It has two more options than the customization screen in FE13. Can anyone who reads Japanese please translate what it says.

dengeki2105-2.jpg

There's something I've been curious about in this image. In the upper right there is the avatar customization screen. It has two more options than the customization screen in FE13. Can anyone who reads Japanese please translate what it says.

髪飾り: hair accessories, which seems to be limited to the female avatar only

顔の特徴: (special) facial features

髪飾り: hair accessories, which seems to be limited to the female avatar only

顔の特徴: (special) facial features

Thanks a bunch.

Hmm, maybe we'll get things like moustaches and glasses.

Thanks a bunch.

Hmm, maybe we'll get things like moustaches and glasses.

I would like at least the option to have a character with facial hair who isn't either A.) over 40, or B.) a bad guy. Or both.

^^ agreed then again i may be a bit biased as i happen to have both facial and glasses, though i'm fine if they don't add greying hair that I may or may not have, My dad had mainly grey hair at 26 And I'm pretty sure i see grey in my beard but anyway i would love facial hair.

Dang..why aren't hair things available for the mKamui?

Unless they are and the hairstyle he has in that shot just doesn't allow them (I can't imagine every hairstyle you can pick allows for ornaments)

Dang..why aren't hair things available for the mKamui?

Unless they are and the hairstyle he has in that shot just doesn't allow them (I can't imagine every hairstyle you can pick allows for ornaments)

I hope it is so.

They're good at teasing us, making us not get orgasm until the last second.