Paralogues and Gaidens

Jedi

Ah, forgive my misunderstanding. Indeed, the Nils requirement is just awful from every angle.

I'm fond of the requirements for Night of Farewells. Can be tricky business, that one.

(For those who don't recall, it's: recruit a lv. 10 Mage, then get her to talk to an NPC who's surrounded by enemies, only has a 20-uses Killing Edge, and is in real danger of getting killed, then ensure both of them survive the chapter. Also, it's fog-of-war.)

It helped in this case that Jaffar was a badass, if he were weaker I'd have absolutely hated it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they're not too easy to acquire, but not too hard to get(Nils I'm looking at you. Wasn't hard but it was just.... bad. Just bad.) I am totally up for this.

I'm fond of the requirements for Night of Farewells. Can be tricky business, that one.
(For those who don't recall, it's: recruit a lv. 10 Mage, then get her to talk to an NPC who's surrounded by enemies, only has a 20-uses Killing Edge, and is in real danger of getting killed, then ensure both of them survive the chapter. Also, it's fog-of-war.)

(Nice pic) That was pretty fun. Tricky is good...

Jaffar is great. And so is Nino. I just like em, I really don't know why. I just do.

Jaffar is great. And so is Nino. I just like em, I really don't know why. I just do.

I didn't even know that Jaffar was recruitable until I saw him on one of my friend's Link Arena teams. T_T

How would you guys feel about FE5's mechanic where if one or more of your units gets captured, you go do a sidequest to rescue them near the endgame?

I could see a scenario where even the Nohr route, in spite of apparently not having grinding, would allow access to the gaiden chapters at any time after they're open, like in Awakening. I just can't see them going with a true chapter to chapter system considering how they likely will want to sell extra DLC, aside from the campaigns, like the 3 grinding maps from Awakening or fanservice stuff. It'd also allow them to pull the spotpass update campaign like what Awakening had.

Edited by NeonZ

I say give us the option after finishing a main chapter if we wanted to do paralogues, I absolutely despite stealthily requirement to unlock it. Fucking Sword of Seal chapter 21 gaiden's requirements is the most bullshittiest thing ever if wasn't for the internet.

I say give us the option after finishing a main chapter if we wanted to do paralogues, I absolutely despite stealthily requirement to unlock it. Fucking Sword of Seal chapter 21 gaiden's requirements is the most bullshittiest thing ever if wasn't for the internet.

"Complete Chapter 21 within 30 turns; Miredy and Zeis must be alive" doesn't seem too bad?

"Complete Chapter 21 within 30 turns; Miredy and Zeis must be alive" doesn't seem too bad?

As well as bringing Fa and keeping her alive, have Miredy and Zeis talk to Gale. At least I have the sense/instinct to tried recruiting Gale with Miredy but the other two requirement is just bullshit without any hints.

As well as bringing Fa and keeping her alive, have Miredy and Zeis talk to Gale. At least I have the sense/instinct to tried recruiting Gale with Miredy but the other two requirement is just bullshit without any hints.

Main site dissagres with you

"21x Complete Chapter 21 within 30 turns; Miredy and Zeis must be alive"

Notes:

"For the characters who must be alive, you do not need to bring them out in the chapter. Also, contrary to popular belief, to obtain Chapter 21x you do not need to make Miredy and/or Zeis talk to Gale in Chapter 21, nor do you need to bring out Fa or have her be alive."

Edited by goodperson707

Main site dissagres with you

"21x Complete Chapter 21 within 30 turns; Miredy and Zeis must be alive"

Notes:

"For the characters who must be alive, you do not need to bring them out in the chapter. Also, contrary to popular belief, to obtain Chapter 21x you do not need to make Miredy and/or Zeis talk to Gale in Chapter 21, nor do you need to bring out Fa or have her be alive."

Haven't play SoS in a long time, i will go check. Anyway main point still is screw stealthily requirement, just give us the option to play or not play paralouges like the first gaiden chapter in Lyn's story.

Haven't play SoS in a long time, i will go check. Anyway main point still is screw stealthily requirement, just give us the option to play or not play paralouges like the first gaiden chapter in Lyn's story.

You do not need to have anyone talk to Gale. I have never done the talk with Gale, yet I've gotten the gaiden both times I played FE6.

7x still has a requirement. it's incredibly easy to get, but there is a turn requirement to get it IIRC. Do you mean you want the game to confirm that you got the gaiden before proceeding?

You do not need to have anyone talk to Gale. I have never done the talk with Gale, yet I've gotten the gaiden both times I played FE6.

7x still has a requirement. it's incredibly easy to get, but there is a turn requirement to get it IIRC. Do you mean you want the game to confirm that you got the gaiden before proceeding?

Wait there turns requirements for that too? whatever. What I meant was like how Awakening unlock paralouges as you beat the main chapters, any gaidens/paralouges should be unlocked by beating the required chapter and then give us the option of playing or not playing it at the end of the main chapter in the Nohr's version. Gaidens/paralouges that required a specific recruit/unit should stay and turns limit requirement should go bye bye.

Yeah im on the side of making the game accessible to newcomers but they are (keyword) Bonus chapters. And its on the nohr route so i doubt they will pull any difficulty punches, especially with something as basic as turn requirements for bonus chapters.

I dunno, why even make them side chapters at that point and not just regular chapters?

That a good point, but as much as I will like 50 chapters of main story; it might just burn people out.

^ I dont think they will make the bonus chapters free to get in nohr, they went no world map or no map grinding anyway. and i think IS understands that the people who like no world map don't really like things handed out for free.

^ I dont think they will make the bonus chapters free to get in nohr, they went no world map or no map grinding anyway. and i think IS understands that the people who like no world map don't really like things handed out for free.

Pretty much this, we probably won't even get Arenas in Nohr possibly.

Then just increase the difficultly of these bonus chapter if people are complaining about that, fighting 50 units with counter is imo better than doing redundant stuffs like finishing within x turns or recruit x characters. And even better than babysitting unit like Nils to x level.

^ What do you mean. if you consider turns or other things redundant then whats the problem? Let it be there for other people you'll get it so why exclude. If you have a problem with possibly missing one if you look at my sig you'll see that we might not get every chapter or character in one play-though anyway. Though i doubt they will make one as contrived as nils.

^ What do you mean. if you consider turns or other things redundant then whats the problem? Let it be there for other people you'll get it so why exclude. If you have a problem with possibly missing one if you look at my sig you'll see that we might not get every chapter or character in one play-though anyway. Though i doubt they will make one as contrived as nils.

I don't see them as real challenge, FE players in general will make it mandatory to recruit every single possible units and these turns limit most players will finish it way early even without any incentive to do so. If they gonna do these or having your party/certain unit gain x amount of exp, then might as well make the bonus map free. I am not complaining about having to do certain objectives to get bonus maps but rather complaining these boring objectives. Do something unique, like a boss units is running away and you have to kill it but the only way to touch him/her is through range attack with enemies blocking you. Or maybe even some mini puzzles to solve.

^ then why not say so, instead of saying they shouldn't have a requirement. but if they do have some interesting ones, they should have some requirements for all of them or they would just be reg chapters

Because I really don't see the need for optional maps, they should just be added into the main quests. If they have do it than make it fun and will get me exp at the same time.

Because I really don't see the need for optional maps, they should just be added into the main quests. If they have do it than make it fun and will get me exp at the same time.

I see the Gaidens of old as bonuses for doing well. Its a reward, it feels good to earn a whole new map or in SoS's case you earn a whole new ending for doing all the Gaidens. Its satisfying.

• 4 weeks later...

Why not include Gaidens, but give a hint?

For example, in a chapter, you recruit Unit X.

At some point, Unit X says: "I sure hope my sister is okay! Maybe I should check on her!" If Unit X survives, you go to the gaiden, where you find Unit X's sister.