Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

Uuugh... I'm just trying to get back to where I was in the previous footage, with the cavalier guy in tow, but the game is not having any of that. There's so much chance for RNG screwage that you're forced to play slow, which... I can't afford to do because of a certain thing, and to top that off, remember the game breaking glitch in the video where the priest walks onto the throne?

It keeps happening.

And it doesn't help that FEXP is a really slow engine either. I think I'm gonna play another submission for now and get back to this later.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I saw your tweet and was like, I'm glad that happened and your response is to put them down for now instead of trying to muscle through, maybe an idea will come up.

An idea such as:

What if the creator (or someone else who uses FEXP) were allowed to at least go and fix the priest thing? It's purely a bugfix that makes the outcome not randomly screw up (and we've seen it both work and not work on video), so I don't think that's unfair.

Edited by 47948201

If you load the suspend you should be just before.

It happened once before but I thought it was just FEXP being unstable. Maybe it is, but maybe it isn't. I have no idea.

And I reiterate my statement, you are really unlucky, haven't been able to have the priest move to the throne yet so I can't see if my makeshift solution work or not...

The reloading suspend thing didn't work when I tried. It just gave me an error before loading the game. It restarted already and got up to where I want to be. I think I'm close to completing the submission, but I'm not too sure.

Regardless, I think this one's gonna take a couple more days to complete.

I had my own slew of problems with FEXNA, but I was doing stupid stuff and a lot of the things are fixed now '3'

The video did make me curious though, with Marc saying how slow FEXP is, how he runs FEXNA (on his new or old computer)

*double takes*

You're in the FEXNA Private Beta!?

Que_2.jpg

*double takes*

You're in the FEXNA Private Beta!?

He was, for a while. It was actually thanks to me and Pwnagekirby/Numbers up there.

But then he said he didn't want it, and left.

And now he keeps saying he wants to make his own FE engine.

if I haven't mentioned it, I love your goofy little drawings, Avraxas.

Edited by Ritisa

B-But why!? It's getting a bit off-topic, but damn I get a feeling that Ragefest submissions would have gone so much more smoothly with FEXNA.

At least mine would have.

Also, I see that your submission is made with FEXNA, Ritisa? I'll definitely look forward to that, it's already looking great from the screenshots!

Also, I see that your submission is made with FEXNA, Ritisa? I'll definitely look forward to that, it's already looking great from the screenshots!

It's not an official entry, as I didn't meet the deadline. It's a pseudo-ragefest, at best; it started as a contest entry and has just turned into a project of mine which is designed for Marc (And probably Moniker) to LP.

Ahh my bad, just read that from your banner there. I noticed it says there "On hold until FEXNA has a Stable release."

Breathes sigh of relief because Tale of Purt has a shot at the Artist Award again

I'm hoping that doesn't mean until FEXNA's out of Private Beta? I would really love to see this project happen.

Ahh my bad, just read that from your banner there. I noticed it says there "On hold until FEXNA has a Stable release."

That's referring to my OTHER project, which I'm waiting for FEXNA to be stable so I don't have to tear apart the engine whenever it updates. The upcoming update adds a fuckton, so I'm mostly waiting for that one. Revenge of the Emblem is in development already, no worries.

But this is getting a smidge off topic isn't it? Let's leave it here before we waste a page with our FEXNA ramblings in Markyjoe's threads.

Edited by Ritisa

Ehh don't worry about it, Ritisa. So long as it's not causing controversy, it's not doing any harm, and I enjoy seeing activity in this thread.

Though, with that said, I was thinking... what if Ragefest V was a collab hack, consisting of multiple chapters, with characters and plot tying it together? Instead of people making their own submissions competing to be the best, maybe they could all combine their power to make something better than what they could have done alone. And on top of that... I personally would enjoy seeing the community working together more.

What if you did that, and instead of getting people to LP it for you, you made it a compilation hack and brought on different co-casters for each chapter? Eh? Ehhhh? Ofc you could do repeats, but that could be interesting. Maybe. o 3 o

Who would decide the characters and plot for something like that? You (Marc)?

Admittedly that could be very helpful as far as making funny/awesome combat animations or CGs, if I don't have to worry about every other aspect of the submission by myself.

That would probably also require use of only one engine/hack so that it can be cohesive (presumably FE7 Hack, since that seems to be the most popular), so chances are I wouldn't be able to make a map for it anyway.

Actually I like that idea, quite a lot. We've been trying to get some kind of collab thingy going in the FE community for a while, and doing that would seem more like a Rage-"fest" anyway. And by making it not-a-contest, making it so everyone works with each other rather than against, we can ensure a higher level of quality than just "whatever each submitter by themselves thinks is good" by allowing revisions after everyone has seen the work. I'm reminded of Wolfram's map, which despite the fact that I and eventually Mari wanted to make our own submissions, after we and some other people helped him out through numerous revisions came out much, much better than what he originally intended to submit, and if we could do the same kind of community tempering on everyone's chapters...

I don't think it needs a single cohesive story, but it would be cool either way.

EDIT: also lol the views

0a34175a970e09fea0560bf22a02b436.png

Edited by 47948201

I'm reminded of Wolfram's map, which despite the fact that I and eventually Mari wanted to make our own submissions, after we and some other people helped him out through numerous revisions came out much, much better than what he originally intended to submit, and if we could do the same kind of community tempering on everyone's chapters...

I often was told that I should change the map, make it smaller, then again bigger and again smaller. Ephraim225 knows what the first map looked like. And I think that he'll be impressed about the new map.

Lesse how many times I had to remake the map, 1-2-3-4 yeah 4 times and then rebalance.... And the whole project was like a work which took 9 months maybe even 10. Hell, that's the result of people working in a team.

Then I was pissed, as I didn't have, and still don't have FEXNA and couldn't help Mari and Kirby.

Edited by Lord Wolfram

Ehh don't worry about it, Ritisa. So long as it's not causing controversy, it's not doing any harm, and I enjoy seeing activity in this thread.

Though, with that said, I was thinking... what if Ragefest V was a collab hack, consisting of multiple chapters, with characters and plot tying it together? Instead of people making their own submissions competing to be the best, maybe they could all combine their power to make something better than what they could have done alone. And on top of that... I personally would enjoy seeing the community working together more.

I really like the idea.

Sounds cool too me aswell but what about the unknowns (like myself) who could use platforms like ragefest to gain recognition within the community? how would the core cast decide who will contribute and how, y'know.... whatabout the politics ..lol

I have two possible solutions to that.

The first one is we could give each creator a moment to shine, whether it be making them a character in the game plotting with fellow hackers a la Chronicles Of Lussaria, OR, we could give each hacker their own designated chapter, with crediting included.

I'd personally be a fan of the first idea, since it allows each hacker to put their personality on the project. The hack could also have a plot such as "Group of hackers conspire against Marc cause he didn't like their hacks" or something like that.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990