Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: E3 2017 stuff

Jedi

The rumors of Koji Igarashi making a spritual successor to Castlevania is TRUE.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/11/koji-igarashis-spiritual-successor-to-castlevania-is-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-knight/

Yes, the rumours are true. Former Castlevania director Koji Igarashi is indeed working on a spiritual successor to the series, and we can finally talk about it. The game in question is called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Knight, and as you’d expect it’s being partially funded through Kickstarter.

Azure Striker Gunvolt and Mighty No. 9 developer Inti Creates are developing Bloodstained in partnership with Igarashi for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game is described as a 2.5D “Igavania” and features a lady named Miriam as its protagonist.

Bloodstained’s story involves alchemists and demons and all sorts of other arcane nonsense you’re looking for in a Castlevania game. The gist of the story is that Miriam was picked up as an orphan by an alchemist at a young age and turned into the host for some sort of dark alchemical curse. Miriam slumbered for a decade while the curse matured inside her, and when she awakens, she finds demons have entered the world.

here is a mock up image of gameplay

5P1jmjy.jpg

And art of the main heroine Miriam

AX44Pxu.jpg

After my huge disappointment with the Lords of Shadow reboot series, this is a breath of fresh air.

Also theres this

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/video_share?ref=video

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was vaguely following this and pleasantly surprised that it's actually a real thing.

Now I'm just hoping the 4infinity tease is actually for you-know-what.

Edited by VincentASM

500,000 goal reached

i wonder how different that second playable character would be

Judging by the rate, I don't think you'll be waiting too long for it to reveal.

Hype is an understatement. I was waiting for a game like this for so long! And I trust Inti Creates will deliver a great game, as they have always done. I'd contribute if I had the money.

Now we only need to fund Yuji Naka and have him recreate Sonic the Hedgehog.

Hype is an understatement. I was waiting for a game like this for so long! And I trust Inti Creates will deliver a great game, as they have always done. I'd contribute if I had the money.

Now we only need to fund Yuji Naka and have him recreate Sonic the Hedgehog.

Yuji Naka has his own company I hope you're aware.

Yuji Naka has his own company I hope you're aware.

Yeah, I do, but his new game looks nothing like Sonic (premise-wise, of course). I want another one with the same feel of the classic series, where enemy placement actually mattered and I couldn't boost through the stage without penalty.

Yeah, I do, but his new game looks nothing like Sonic (premise-wise, of course). I want another one with the same feel of the classic series, where enemy placement actually mattered and I couldn't boost through the stage without penalty.

Play Freedom Planet then.

And lol Sonic 2 having good enemy placement. Thats a riot.

Edited by Jedi

Miriam is totally NOTHING like Shanoa. Nope, not like her in the slightest.

I'm not the most pleased that the FAQ basically said (in a few more words) "Screw underpowered Nintendo consoles" (as true as the underpowered part may be). But then again, it doesn't seem like they've shot themselves in the foot or anything.

There's something simoultaneously hilarious and awesome that the ultimate stretch goal is David Hayter.

Im throwing coin at the screen and numbers are going up.

Seriously, this is awesome. Is he doing this because Konami is now batshit? im...confused as to why Iga of all people needs a kickstarter.

Miriam looks great. Game looks great. If we don't get a new Metroid game, hopefully this can help fill the gap.

I checked the Kickstarter a few hours ago and it was in the 500k range, now it's over 800k. Wow.

The heroine looks bad and it seems like she doesnt belong there. Amateurs on pixiv can do much better job than that. She looks like a cheap ass artwork of some TCG browser games, so does the enemy in the first picture, whoever designed those things should be fired. At least her sword is cool but it suits PSO2 more. Shanoa is 1000 times better than her.

Well, they will certainly change alot of thing so it's not important. Also, fire whoever came up with that UI, it's so distracting.

Edited by Magical CC

$1,000,00 has been passed.

I often see Kickstarter campaigns with stretch goals that look completely absurd, but this...I think this has the potential to reach whatever stretch goal they want to put in.

HYPE! This excites me greatly. I love the new MC. The villain is... not bad (but Hayter's voice might change my opinion). Overall, I'm very excited.

EDIT: The music samples are also pretty cool.

Edited by Knight