Will there be fan-service DLC episodes released too?

PokeFan

I am wondering how they will do DLC, with two games that, according to the devs, have different methods of progression (linear vs. world map). That might lower the chance that there will be DLC (outside of unlocking other campaigns) at all, but I still suspect they might figure out a way.

If it's nothing but fanservice DLC, well, that's okay if the characters are interesting. I did enjoy all those little extra convos you get in those bonds chapters.

It's not impossible, we do know that there will be other DLC via FE Cipher. I suppose it depends on how the reception was for the Scramble series, and if they think it would be appropriate of FEif.

In the name of everyhing that is holy, I hope not..

Enough of crappy useless content.

Edited by B.Leu

I'm not sure if we'll see DLC in general. IS has to make 3 games, each the size of Awakening, which is a task in and of itself. Also, with the two path's and their different designs, the DLC would likely have to be path exclusive. Imagine Nohr Grinding DLC? Or Hoshido DLC where you play fighting Hoshido. I just can't see DLC happening unless it's exclusive to a specific path. If that's the case, I'm not sure if Scramble meets the tone they're setting with the game and the grey and grey morality as opposed to the much lighter (By Series Standards) FE:A.

It's a bit too early to guess, but I could see it happening.

TBH, I don't think the logistics will be that complicated. For example, we've already got DLC that works for both routes--it's called the third route : P

There's also the possibility that Hoshido doesn't have an explorable world map, so if that's true, then any possible DLC could just be accessed via a menu and thus accessible on both routes.

Relevant:

tumblr_nmu5kvIb5r1tvf87ro1_1280.png
tumblr_nmu5kvIb5r1tvf87ro2_1280.pngtumblr_nmu5kvIb5r1tvf87ro3_1280.gif

Given how there has already been some focus on fan service and DLC is confirmed, I have no doubt there'll be fan service DLC with extra support conversations. I would be surprised if we didn't get another beach episode actually, since you've got Camilla, and given that this feels very anime-y, it's inevitable that Elise will be sexualized as well. And what better way to do that than go to the beach?

^ That's a great comic haha.

I'd be fine with fanservice DLC as long as they make it completely non-canon and completely separate from the main story, i.e. no "taking a break from the horrors of war to chill in the Outrealms" bullshit. Just, no references to the main plot at all so we can pretend that it is some parallel universe just with the same characters.

Oh god I hope not. If DLC doesn't offer me a good storyline, skills, classes, or something of practical use (exp, gold, etc) than it's useless, imo.

I've actually used the Scramble maps plenty of times for their practical value. The beach map provides a slightly easier grinding alternative to LB3 and facilitates support farming. I found Harvest and Hot Spring Scramble both useful for training people's bow rank because you get surrounded by a massive horde of weak enemies. All three of them have an insane number of event tiles so they are useful for finding those exclusive items/weapons. Of course it probably isn't worth buying these maps solely for those perks if you don't care about the fanservice itself, but they do provide more in-game benefits than something like, say, Future Past.

Lol that comic killed me.

I don't really mind fs dlc, since you can always opt to not just buy it if it's not your cup of joe. On the otherhand if it were to take away some potentially more story related dlc for what's just practically fluff then in that case I'd rather not have any.

I just hope they're better implemented this time. New conversations should be basically like new supports, viewable from a gallery and having a visible list for the player the collect them all without having to reference a list outside of the game.

For one I adored the "Fanservice" DLCs because of the support conversations. There was a good variety (from funny to insightful to touching) and it added some neat conversations between characters that did not have any before. Those DLC came out many months after the game release so it was a bonus rather than stripped out conversations. The actual fanservice part had no value for me but the conversations sure did. For me, I'd even venture to say that they were the best value for money after the Future Past ones.

That's already confirmed, at least for the Japanese game, that is with DLC codes available thanks to the Fire Emblem: Cipher TCG, Legacy characters like Marth, Lucina and Minerva are indeed fanservice.

I don't doubt there will be DLC, but I don't think it will be on the level of lightheartedness that ones like Summer Scramble were. I think if they do create maps that are oriented more towards character development, they will be more similar to the future maps. They would explore new areas of the characters, but in a tone that is appropriate for the rest of the story.

I don't doubt there will be DLC, but I don't think it will be on the level of lightheartedness that ones like Summer Scramble were. I think if they do create maps that are oriented more towards character development, they will be more similar to the future maps. They would explore new areas of the characters, but in a tone that is appropriate for the rest of the story.

That would be interesting, but I hope there is also slow little light-hearted DLC to lighten the mood between chapters of this fairly serious game.

At the risk of sounding like I have no sense of humour, that comic is pretty creepy... Marx and Ryouma trying to persuade Kamui by talking about why their sisters are sexier than the other guy's sisters... >_>

I don't mind if fanservice DLC happens as I don't have to buy it and it's not essential content. Actually if there's gonna be fanservice I would rather it's mostly kept to DLC instead of in the actual game.

I am sure there will be fan-service DLC, whether it's stuff like Chilaxing on a beach or it's fighting with fan favorite characters from across the franchise it to be determined.