Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

You know, I'm pretty sure when people say that "gay marriage is illegal" somewhere it usually means that "gay marriage isn't legally recognized". Not saying it's right, just I feel that calling it illegal is a bit of a misnomer. I could be wrong, of course, but I highly doubt you can be arrested in Japan for trying to marry a guy.

As far as how they handle marriage, I hope S supports stay but they don't necessarily get married, they just get together. Like the children's supports in awakening.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I haven't been active in this topic at all...

But has anyone noticed that there's no room for even just spouse's name in the FE:if status screen?

I doubt there's a second "status screen".

This is the Awakening engine after all.

qz1CUnE.pngYmLL3pu.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm thinking the arrow button is to switch to a second page, it could be listed there if it exists. You have the grid button same as in Awakening and I'm guessing the book is to switch from simple to full view, can't think what else the arrows could do but it could really be anything.

One thing we do know is that supports are back based on the description of Kamuii's personal skill. I doubt IS would ever go back to limited supports and nearly every fire emblem game has "paired endings" whether they be romantic or not. Unless we can only get one A support or multiple paired endings, I think the S rank is coming back. They could be platonic but I think it will since supports aren't limited and you can only have one S rank while having multiple A supports...

At the very least, even with S supports, the whole "I'm married" on the status screen won't be first and foremost right up in your face.

Says something about IS's priorities in regards to putting gameplay first.

But has anyone noticed that there's no room for even just spouse's name in the FE:if status screen?

I pointed this out a while ago in another threadand was called clueless, and the verdict seemed to be that unless the 'second' status screen isn't similar to Awakening's simplified interface aka the second page, marriage won't be a staple and paired endings will return instead.

I'm a bit mixed on marriage. I wouldn't mind it, because it's a cool feature having waifu's and all that, but I also wouldn't mind not having it pushed in your face all the time.

Also, since the whole pair-up prospect works differently now (stances instead of actual pair-ups), I doubt that 'marriage' will be a returning feature.

I just had a terrible thought. What if the reason it's not on the first page is because they went full out and the dating sim stuff needs a whole page to itself. Like it lists all your current romantic interests and it has different levels to it and arenas are actually to earn admiration points from your various waifus oh god

I think if marriage is back there's a high chance they'll confirm it in tomorrow's Direct.

I just had a terrible thought. What if the reason it's not on the first page is because they went full out and the dating sim stuff needs a whole page to itself. Like it lists all your current romantic interests and it has different levels to it and arenas are actually to earn admiration points from your various waifus oh god

I think if marriage is back there's a high chance they'll confirm it in tomorrow's Direct.

Terrible? Sounds SEXUALLY GRATIFYING to me.

A direct would be the place to confirm this. The direct is bound to get the attention of some of those brought in by Awakening, which are far more likely to care about marriage stuff. Personally I don't care one way or the other if it comes back. It's nice to have, but I won't shed any tears if it's gone.

Edited by Honey Bunny

I'd rather not go back to limited supports between each character. I'd be fine with the Avatar being the only one that has unlimited supports (and marriage options) while giving the rest limited (marriage) options though.

Really, I don't think IS will allow same-sex marriages given how Japan views it. At most you'll get someone like Tharja who has the same supports towards the Male/Female Avatar but can only marry the opposite gendered Avatar.

But honestly, I don't think IS will remove one of the most popular features of Awakening. Not to mention how the Japanese audience seems to be looking forward to that more than the western audience. From what I've seen, don't take my word for it.

I heartily agree with you. Honestly, I think this is how it's going to turn out. It's possible that they're going to remove the marriage system altogether in this one with the thorny issue of blood relations with Hoshido, but...who knows.

This is the Awakening engine after all.

qz1CUnE.pngYmLL3pu.png

It really means diddly squat, and i already talked about that. Also, what is that arrow on the upper right side? Is that for toggling another unit's stat screen or another screen to show your supports and stuff like the other games? One can S support without a "Spouse" listing. Supports may also be viewable from the prep screen for units. And since it is Awakening's engine, the chance of S supports is really damn high, man.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

It really means diddly squat, and i already talked about that. Also, what is that arrow on the upper right side? Is that for toggling another unit's stat screen or another screen to show your supports and stuff like the other games? One can S support without a "Spouse" listing. Supports may also be viewable from the prep screen for units. And since it is Awakening's engine, the chance of S supports is really damn high, man.

He never said anything about S-supports though. Just because there are S-supports, doesn't mean that marriage will return.

He never said anything about S-supports though. Just because there are S-supports, doesn't mean that marriage will return.

Ive mentioned this a million times already and also a page or so back. Marriage does not necessarily need to return. But romancing characters and confession scenes could still happen.

Ive mentioned this a million times already and also a page or so back. Marriage does not necessarily need to return. But romancing characters and confession scenes could still happen.

You are completely right, and I acknowledge that. I'm just saying I think you misunderstood the intent when this was pointed out.

No one (as far as I'm involved) is saying that this can't be true. People are just making note of the missing "spouse"-feature on the status screen, which honestly has nothing to do with what supports will be in the game or not. That's all.

At the very least, even with S supports, the whole "I'm married" on the status screen won't be first and foremost right up in your face.

Says something about IS's priorities in regards to putting gameplay first.

*watches recent Nintendo Direct*

You were saying?

They have Hot Springs and a Petting Mini-Game where the characters blush.

In my eyes that all but confirms Marriage is back. Seems the team knows how popular Husbando/Waifu Emblem is and took it to the 11.

At this point I'm genuinely surprised they cut off the face rubbing portrait around the shoulders, what with Camilla and all.

Sorry if this has already been answered, I didn't see it in the FAQ section, but do we know if the supports are going to be 3 levels (tradtional C B A supports) or 4 levels (S-support) yet?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I didn't see it in the FAQ section, but do we know if the supports are going to be 3 levels (tradtional C B A supports) or 4 levels (S-support) yet?

No we do not know.

I don't care what anyone says.

I'm getting into Cyrus' pants.

You and me both,but that'd be weird,wouldn't it?

I'll fight you both!

No seriously I'm a sucker for the sweet best friend trope. >_>

Edited by Crysta

I'll fight you both!

No seriously I'm a sucker for the sweet best friend trope. >_>

And the funny thing is that with what I understand of the new Streetpass Tweaks, you could actually claim both of their Cyrus(es) to be (as Allied Units) part of your Castle Defense Force if you manage to fight them and win (provided He's part of their Streetpass teams)...

Edited by AstraSage