Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

I'll fight you both!

No seriously I'm a sucker for the sweet best friend trope. >_>

You and me both. As soon as I found out he was Kamui's childhood friend, I was done for.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, is that why Chrom is such a popular husbando?

Chrom's a d00d you just met at the beginning of the game, though.

And most of your support conversations are a bad anime cliche'.

Other than all of THAT, though, I actually like him personality-wise. He's adorkable.

I'll fight you both!

Hey,can't we share? If not,then we'll do what we must...

I like him for his eyes.

Those green.

Emerald.

<insert another green thing here>

Eyes.

Tiki's hair

I really wish Nintendo opens its mind and allow gay marriage. In that case, I'd go Hoshido for Hinata (he's ultra appealing), and if not, Nohr for Charlotte. I highly doubt it's possible to romance a same-sex mate, in spite of what we've seen so far (some people say that in the last trailer there are proofs but i doubt it). My major wish for this game is that, gay marriage. At least the avatar.

^ for same sex romance if they do add it do you really think you will just get to romance Hinata? you might of course. But i don't think having every character be Bi or match their sexuality to your gender is a good way to go.

It may not be realistic but I'd prefer it if everyone were bi. Options are always good. Admittedly I might be slightly biased...

As much as I want it though I don't think we're going to get any real gay marriage. Hints and jokes at most, really.

Ok, it's confirmed the support system still there, it was obvious at this point. But it's still too early to speculate about marriage. In my opinion it won't happen, but who know.

But i think romantic relationship might be possible, and now that it rated as CERO C at japan, we might expect more mature content like same sex relationship ... But we are talking about the Occident and Nintendo who censored Tharja's butt D:
I really expect that Nintendo open their mind to this ...
ps: Team Camilla + (F)Kamui FTW
Edited by Ichikawa

The new Amie and 'My castle' feature has made my position on the inclusion of same-sex S supports even more mixed than it was before.

On the one hand the inclusion of Hot springs makes it seem less likely since that seems to be the focus of same-gender (and no doubt homoerotic subtext) content. I had sort of accepted that it was incredibly unlikely to happen so it wouldn't have bothered me too much, were it not for the inclusion of this 'Fire Emblem Amie' feature. If calling same-gender characters to our private room and stroking their faces is allowed but there are no same-gender S supports it will be a bit of a joke. And not a particularly funny one.

Edited by EJ107

Well while all of you talk about that, I'm going to marvel at the beauty that is Rinka, who is fighting against Hinoka for my love.

On a more serious note, I'd say that same-sex S supports are coming. Just.. not now. I mean they're getting there, what with the amie feature letting you touch another same-gender but other then that... well let's just say they're taking baby-steps.

Well while all of you talk about that, I'm going to marvel at the beauty that is Rinka, who is fighting against Hinoka for my love.

On a more serious note, I'd say that same-sex S supports are coming. Just.. not now. I mean they're getting there, what with the amie feature letting you touch another same-gender but other then that... well let's just say they're taking baby-steps.

Judging by the Japanese newspaper I read it seems as if though it's becoming more and more accepted in society as a whole, so that's a great thing. With any luck we'll be seeing same-sex options in games like these more often in the near future.

I'm not sure the face-rubbing or the hot springs conversations are any indications of that. One thing is ripped straight from Pokémon while the other has been a cultural thing in Japan for a bloody long time, I believe.

You and me both. As soon as I found out he was Kamui's childhood friend, I was done for.

Is it too late to join the party or

Huh, is that why Chrom is such a popular husbando?

As someone who doesn't see Robin as self-insert, I would say so. Horribad cliche anime supports aside, the entire "two halves of a greater whole" thing and whatnot throughout the story was a large factor for it. But then again, I think Chrom also just has a lot of fangirls in general.

IS allowing same-sex romances in this game would both surprise and not surprise me. Surprising because it's been status quo so far with Nintendo in regards to this matter. Then again, they already added the face-poking feature into if. I don't think anything else will surprise me, lol.

You guys can all fight over Cyrus, I'll be over on team Joker. The cravat is too strong to deny

Curious to see what new information might pop up in the next few days with the new issue of Famitsu. Hopefully detailing how supports work will be in there this time around since we're getting so close to release.

It's weird because Cyrus is my type of girl, lol. But would like to romance Kagerou or Crimson.

So far I will admit to not being very fond of the Butler/Maid thing, but who knows maybe Joker and Felicia will grow on me.

You know, I'm starting to fear that IS might be dumb again and we'll get only generic conversations rather than actual unique supports.

It seems like each character has way too many generic lines in the castle for various things. Are we really getting all that on top of unique support scripts? Even if there are supports, they might be just generic one sided conversations, like every conversation in the castle seems to be, rather than actual unique paired dialogues...

This is getting out of hand. I wish they'd just confirm marriage/no marriage already. The new feature is not my favorite, but it would be ridiculous to include it without actual romance in the supports, right?

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

This is getting out of hand. I wish they'd just confirm marriage/no marriage already. The new feature is not my favorite, but it would be ridiculous to include it without actual romance, right?

i don't know if marriage system will be re implemented, but i think you can rest assure that the "S" support level will be there, so at least a romance will be there and hopefully some shoujo/shounen ai

The new feature is not my favorite, but it would be ridiculous to include it without actual romance, right?

...This makes so much sense that it's scaring me.

If there's no support/romance this time around, but for whatever reason there's this face rubbing feature...

"wtf is this weeabo"

At this point I don't care if marriage is back, face rubbing fulfills that in a worse way than anything I could have imagined, so marriage on top of it is just whatever. The point was not that I didn't want romance, it was that I didn't want avatar pandering, and well... :/

Edited by Book Bro