Who do you fight for? :Relevant Title: Pick a Side

Elieson

First Side you'll pick?  

482 members have voted

1. 1. First Side you'll pick?

ill go for Hoshido first various of their classes look amazing and i want to try the weapons, also Hinoka helped to take the decision
https://41.media.tumblr.com/f95313c7c15907c20d4d867e648e7867/tumblr_nq2myjH2Cf1tbqxlko2_540.png

Edited by pinguyFrank

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the girls are better-looking in Nohr. It all balances out.

I previously said that I wanted to go down the Hoshido route because defending against invaders seems a more noble goal, plus I wonder what it would be like for the character to return to his birth place/family, Hoshido route also includes grinding and Im more intrigued by the Samurai theme.

But dam, now that you pointed that out Im 50:50

Nohr because of the more varied objectives, the different plot, and in the battle of nature vs. nurture, I go with nurture.

Also because we've only seen the Nohrian siblings in depth and I've enjoyed what I've seen of them. Hopefully today's stream will make me more interested in the Hoshidan siblings... because the only one that interests me now is Takumi.

Going with Hoshido. I like the family and the units, and I like the more Asian feel of the country, which is pretty unique, as the other games have a more... European feel. Which was intentional, I think? The concept of kings & queens, knights and stuff. We had Chon'sin in Awakening, obviously China-based, but it wasn't very relevant.

I feel like going with Nohr is more logical, as they're the people you know and trust (opposed to "these people say they're my siblings so I'm betraying my home and everyone I've ever known for them!") but I'm very touched by how much the siblings you don't even know care about you and have reached out to you.

I also like the classes in Hoshido more. I mean, it's basically bow emblem, but I never used archers in Awakening, and bows are probably my favorite weapon.

Edited by Crooks

If you take the time to read this thread, as well as a couple of earlier ones in this forum, you'll see that there's plenty of different reasons why people choose Nohr.. . .or they can be sensible like me and go Hoshido, because the guys are better-looking. :P:

At the cost of KILLING THE FAMILY AND COUNTRY THAT RAISED YOU?!?

I will probably try to get a special edition if the US gets one so I can play both sides at once.

However, of the two if I were to pick one right now I'd go with Nohr. Mostly because I could use the challenge but also because I know my friend who i got into fire emblem is likely to play Hosido since it'll be easier. That way we can chat and compare the campaigns.

But again, I want the special edition for both. Seriously even if it's 60 or something hopefully that will be a thing.

Nohr because it's more interesting for me to play as the villanous side (even though it's not confirmed entirely if either side is actually a villain).

Although I might play Hoshido first to save the best for last, since Nohr is harder.

Has it been confirmed if you can play all routes with only one physical copy of the game in America? (As in, buy Nohr physical, get Hoshido as DLC?)

Edited by Jave

I'll go with Hoshido first, because I'm a sucker for Japanese/Asian esthetics. But eventually I'll play Nohr and the third path as well, and then I'm going to play whichever story I like best.

I fight for my friends! But seriously, I think I'm going with Nohr. I enjoy it's characters more, and I like how it's the more challenging path.

I voted Hoshido at first but Leon, Marx and Zero are really tempting me to go over the Nohr side. xD Oh well, I still have more time to decide which side I would first play so I'm not much of a hurry.

Has it been confirmed if you can play all routes with only one physical copy of the game in America? (As in, buy Nohr physical, get Hoshido as DLC?)

I don't see why it wouldnt...

Hoshido first, Nohr afterwards. Really I won't know for sure which side I support more until I play them, but right now I like Hoshido better for the sheer fact that I hate Garon and don't want to be under his rule anymore. You're not my real dad!

Buying both,Nohr would be my first campaign, I used to be a Hoshido man myself but my favorite class is obviously the Hero class, and it looks glorious in the Nohr path, so that's why I choose it, it would be Hard not having Ryouma but I can manage.