Who do you fight for? :Relevant Title: Pick a Side

Elieson

First Side you'll pick?  

482 members have voted

1. 1. First Side you'll pick?

Nohr was always going to be my choice as the 2nd trailer had a strong family vibe with the Nohr siblings (well Elise) and a kidnapping by Garon and a war is never going to change the fact that The Nohr siblings are family to me(Kaimui) and family is very important to Me(Me) Though speaking of Family my little sister is probably going to play hoshido but mainly for the lower difficulty and so we can play opposite versions together than the story. Though the fact that when my sisters were younger they were blond(ish) might have a bit of a reason why i like Nohr as well. I hope they do a good job of the sibling relationship with Elise.

Is that a good reason, Red Fox of Fire?

Yes.

TBH I wouldn't even choose, I'd just get Ryouma and Marx into a political marriage and call it a day and use their combined army to, idk, take over the world

I mean hell both of those fuckers want me as their little sister, why not grant their wish?

But you know, without actually having played those first 6 chapters, I AM going to go for aesthetics at this point and it's silly to judge people over their choices in a video game.

Lol, I wasn't being that serious. I'll almost definitely still pick Nohr for reasons stated, but information obtained in those first 6 chapters could potentially sway me. I just found it kind of funny how so many were choosing for aesthetics or mechanics instead of immersion.

Looking at it that way, people who aren't deciding until they actually reach the critical point are probably doing it the best by my own logic!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone else is saying things like "Hoshido for ninjas!" or "Nohr for Camilla!" You and I seem to be the only ones with an actually good reason for the side we're picking.

Excuse me? Don't compare me to those lowborn gutter rats. My decision was not made for boobs. I am not that simple.

NOHR FOR AQUA WITH VEILbecause she needs to cover that face upand Nyx...and Cyrus because he's bae but he's available on both routes so that doesn't really matter

On a more serious note, I vastly prefer Nohr's story over the 'protect our kingdom from the baddies'-storyline that Hoshido seems to have. I've said it before, but I consider Hoshido to be an "optional add-on" to an already established setting. but that's my headcanon so don't kill me Hoshidans

Edited by Val'air

Excuse me? Don't compare me to those lowborn gutter rats. My decision was not made for boobs. I am not that simple.

Camilla is not just boobs. She has a pretty face, beautiful hair, and, from what we’ve seen, will have a better nicer personality than other.. similarly dressed characters (Tharja, Aversa).

On top of all that, she's a flying unit, and I like those.

Camilla is not just boobs. She has a pretty face, beautiful hair, and, from what we’ve seen, will have a better nicer personality than other.. similarly dressed characters (Tharja, Aversa).

Camilla is 80% boobs and 20% other stuff.

I don't judge though. I'm going Nohr for story, but I'm glad Camilla's not Hoshido. Still crossing my fingers for Tsubaki to leave Hoshido as well, but I doubt that's gonna happen...

Please. She is also in her panties and have a huge ass Silver Axe. It's important to mention everything.

I mean... from what I understand she's the kind of person to murder someone if they mess up with Kamui. I believed she was going to be nice at first, but she may actually be quite vicious.

Also, ninjas are a very good reason to join Hoshido. Depending on lore, these guys can fly, teleport, use offensive and supportive magic, have superhuman physical abilities and mastery over numerous types of weapons... and they're silent assassins. They're the cool guys.

... the thing is, you get one on Nohr, but, er, quantity I guess.

It doesn't sound like Nohr are inherently evil or "power hungry" jerks. Going by their living conditions, it sounds like they have to make conquest if they want to survive.

Hoshido sounds a lot better off, but the fact they've kidnapped Aqua makes them sound pretty shady too. That said, I'm actually feeling that Nohr may actually have a deeper and more "tragic" story than what the trailers claims.

Beyond that, Nohr sounds much more like the traditional FE games that I've sorely missed from Awakening's bland routing missions, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with Nohr + Lunatic Mode to get the full challenge.

Hoshido sounds a lot better off, but the fact they've kidnapped Aqua makes them sound pretty shady too. That said, I'm actually feeling that Nohr may actually have a deeper and more "tragic" story than what the trailers claims.

The real question is: who kidnapped who first?

One or the other might be a prisoner of war as well. I feel like Hoshido took Aqua to offer a trade for Kamui, but Nohr refused or something.

Edited by Val'air

The real question is: who kidnapped who first?

One or the other might be a prisoner of war as well. I feel like Hoshido took Aqua to offer a trade for Kamui, but Nohr refused or something.

That's an interesting point. However, the effects behind this besides the torment behind the Hoshido family for losing their kin remains unseen. It's already been shown that Kamui was pretty well off in Nohr regardless, to the point where the Nohr family genuinely loves him/her as one of their own. If Kamui is a prisoner of war then someone screwed that up.

I'm pretty sure it's just part of a Deus Ex plot device that Garon wants for himself. But fortunately Garon's actions doesn't speak for Nohr as a whole. If it did then you might as well be siding with the Legion of Doom.

God out from the plot device? Or is this a reference to someting?

But seriously if it is previously alluded to it is not a deus ex machina and we already know that kaimui can turn into a dragon and probably has something special about him.

Nohr all the way. The reason here is that I find the Japanese names and weapons uncharacteristic of Fire Emblem and want to take some time getting used to them first.

When can we get back to European-styled countries bickering at each other?

Was it confirmed that Aqua was kidnapped? My memory is hazy

Yes.

Nohr. I don't like the way Hoshido is played up. They're too... simple.

(Not that Nohr won't be necessarily, I'm just going off of what we know so far)

Not necessarily; the Hoshido could be deeper that what we've learned so far. They could be so obsessed about keeping the peace that they've become isolationists -- going so far as to push other people and even civilizations out.

With characters, like Orobo, racism could also be a problem in Hoshido. The Hoshido could have created a kingdom where progressiveness was sparse. Why else would a character, like Suzukaze, be a drifter and hold no allegiance to the Hoshido?

Edited by Leif

Nohr, I don't believe conquering a land is necessarily evil, it can be used to restore order and remove corruption. Garon however seems to be a generic evil king who conquers for the sake of conquering like Walhart, but if I'm given the option to liberate Nohr from within, then I'll gladly take the Nohr path.

Not necessarily; the Hoshido could be deeper that what we've learned so far. They could be so obsessed about keeping the peace that they've become isolationists -- going so far as to push other people and even civilizations out.

With characters, like Orobo, racism could also be a problem in Hoshido. The Hoshido could have created a kingdom where progressiveness was sparse. Why else would a character, like Suzukaze, be a drifter and hold no allegiance to the Hoshido?

It seems that somebody close to Oboro (friends, family) was killed by Nohr (maybe, coming from her bio). That can start racism, imo

And Suzukaze is just *free spirit*. It's just he doesn't see Ryoma as his liege for *his reasons*

^Well, he is thinking *Kamui>Hoshido (including his brother)* I don't think he have problems with Hoshido (if he has - he won't be *both kingdoms* character)

And he still doesn't follow anybody. So there is that.

Maybe i am wrong, though. But i will wait for confirmation.

Oh i agree that he probably doesn't hate Hoshido i was just wondering on the free spirt and not seeing Ryouma as his liege. From what i heard he doesn't serve any particular lord but i don't see how Ryouma factors into that besides him likely being the commander of the military. But i don't think all ninjas serve Ryouma,

My prediction/theory is that he serves Kaimui and perhaps he was prepped to serve Kaimui before he was kidnapped for the reason why he does not serve a lord.