Thousand Names Mafia Day 4

Randa

I was responding to Rapier's last post before mine

(Yes, I am voting Excelen because painting a player's action in a bad way when it is not inherently scummy is scummy).

I want him to elaborate on this, because it reads to me like he is trying to say Llen doesn't believe Shin's action is inherently scummy

I also don't get the Vhaltz wagon, his first post was useless in terms of scumhunting sort of but I don't see how this is worse than the other stuff going on

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm back realizing that I derped and that most of the players I thought were voting Shin had actually voted for Vhaltz instead.

@Prims: Why do you think scum!Shin would continue not realposting? I think scum!Shin would have made an actual post already because of the fact that scum wouldn't want to place themselves in the spotlight so early into the game. I think scum!Shin would have decided to take the easy way out and made a serious post in response to Excellen (or even lurk) instead of continuing with his indignant posting style.

I claim town hipster I can't post unless I have a coffee in my hand sorry guys

And Prims just replied while I was typing that post lol.

Town!Shin has the incentive to hunt scum but there's only like two posts from him so far which is inconclusive about his alignment yet. I stand by Levity's point about Shin as well.

wtf I'm also town hipster, my vote doesn't count unless I'm first on a wagon, because I only support wagons before they were cool

kirsche's vhaltz vote is most egregious imo, since nothing about Llen and Shin and Rapier's back and forth struck me as a "reaction test"

ngl my vote on Vhaltz is also kinda influenced by the fact that I played Skype mafia with him recently and he is kinda playing to what I know as his scum meta

@Paper: Why is a post being useless in terms of scumhunting better than what was going on? At least Excellen/Rapier are looking for scum intent.

When did I ever say I found Llen scummier than Vhaltz? You are putting words into my mouth

Rapier is scummier because he is misrepresenting Llen's actions

I am of the opinion that Vhaltz could have done more but I don't think that voting someone for doing less than what they can do is right when there are people who you think is scummy in the game (for example, like how Rapier is scum/scummy to Paperblade). Doing less than what town should do isn't a scum tell unless that player has been doing that throughout a few phases of the game. Players aren't omnipotent and perfect in perceiving all the scum and town tells correctly.

@Prims: Why do you think scum!Shin would continue not realposting? I think scum!Shin would have made an actual post already because of the fact that scum wouldn't want to place themselves in the spotlight so early into the game. I think scum!Shin would have decided to take the easy way out and made a serious post in response to Excellen (or even lurk) instead of continuing with his indignant posting style.

Please stop WIFOM-ing and meta-ing so hard (this kind of meta doesn't work). Nobody was on Shin's case for his indignant posting style. There's no reason for him to stop it, especially if it's something people would give him a pass for as town anyway.

Why are you white-knighting Shin? He can defend himself and seeing as you don't seem to suspect any of the Shin voters there's no reason for you to get involved - doing so muddies up potential reads when he does post. I want him to explain why he didn't contribute real thoughts at the time and give a real post.

To people defending Shin, do you actually think he's town or just that the post I'm voting him for is a null tell?

I am feeling kind of weird about Rapier as well.

I hope kirsche is fucking amazing at claiming when in a drunken stupor cause otherwise claiming baker is really dumb

Vhaltz, why not vote Rapier/Paper if you think their lines of attack are poor? Why are their lines of attack poor but not scummy enough for a vote in RVS?

cuz they're thoughts I wouldn't even talk about if not asked for them, and voting for pressure is entirely useless now that the thoughts are out.

Not worth voting to begin with either because it would just lead to confirmation bias over something dumb.

Stop chatting shit m8, I will fuck you up: everything this early is a reaction test. No point explaining how you should react to stuff as town because then it gives away the secret.

Stop chatting shit m8, I will fuck you up: everything this early is a reaction test. No point explaining how you should react to stuff as town because then it gives away the secret.

FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

yeah I agree Mancer needs to interfering in other people's business unless he directly finds them scummy for it. Also, since Mancer is voting Excellen I realize my response to him is poorly worded - I meant he doesn't seem to suspect anybody for being on Shin's case.

I'm going to stop posting for a while because the thread is getting spammy and I don't wanna contribute, peace.

I'm going to stop posting for a while because the thread is getting spammy and I don't wanna contribute, peace.

same actually and I don't have anything notable to say that I haven't already said, I have to go to dinner soon anyway so I'm gonna step away for a but

yeah I agree Mancer needs to interfering in other people's business unless he directly finds them scummy for it. Also, since Mancer is voting Excellen I realize my response to him is poorly worded - I meant he doesn't seem to suspect anybody for being on Shin's case.I'm going to stop posting for a while because the thread is getting spammy and I don't wanna contribute, peace.

Uhh, I think you misrepresented kirsche's post. Why are you trying to stop me from posting about my thoughts on the various issues in the thread?

Cut by about 1000 posts wtf.

When did I ever say I found Llen scummier than Vhaltz? You are putting words into my mouth

Rapier is scummier because he is misrepresenting Llen's actions

No you said that making useless posts is no worse than other things going on, my retort being that yes indeed, that is worse than other things going on.

I hope kirsche is fucking amazing at claiming when in a drunken stupor cause otherwise claiming baker is really dumb

lmao really? Reread my claim bro.

cuz they're thoughts I wouldn't even talk about if not asked for them, and voting for pressure is entirely useless now that the thoughts are out.

Not worth voting to begin with either because it would just lead to confirmation bias over something dumb.

I feel like this isn't answering my question but it really confuses me when people start talking about shit which has nothing to do with anything. What confirmation bias? So confusing, I need a drink...

ok better. What about Rapier's vote is poor?

Yeah, because I don't see anything wrong with Vhaltz saying the way Llen plays mafia doesn't fit with the forum's metaplay. How is it useful to remain quiet and let Llen go off on a tangent at people over what is most likely a misunderstanding? Llen went at people for stuff in the last game he was in too and was town there.

Random one-liner post to push people around instead of doing anything productive

Scum is most likely outside of the current conversation because they don't give a shit about keeping up with 2 sudden pages of spamposts and reacting timely when they can just come up later when the post explosion has died down and post whatever catch up post.

lmao really? Reread my claim bro.

Your claim isn't clear if you claim miller, then play along with Prims asking if you're claiming baker. I got it now though.

Rapier's reasoning isn't good if they're like "MAN Excellen is trying to SMEAR Shin" when there's a clear meta discrepancy between current SF play and what Excellen is/was used to. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're scum though, since they might just think that the action of voting Shin itself was scummy regardless of the meta discrepancy.

Re:bias. Voting for somebody means you're going to be focusing your attention on them more whether you like it or not, and you're going to maybe look too deeply into things when they next post which you might not do otherwise.

It's not a big deal but I just didn't care to vote at the moment because I didn't feel like Rapier or Paper were likely scum.

This conversation is dumb.

If you want to keep parking your vote on me you might as well explain what the scum intent is in waiting for something that's actually scummy to come up.

Yeah, because I don't see anything wrong with Vhaltz saying the way Llen plays mafia doesn't fit with the forum's metaplay. How is it useful to remain quiet and let Llen go off on a tangent at people over what is most likely a misunderstanding? Llen went at people for stuff in the last game he was in too and was town there.

I just don't like the way it was done. Vhaltz didn't really defend Excellen, instead just pointing out to him what he was doing wrong. It's like he never really pushed for people (well, Rapier), to understand Excellen's point of view, instead choosing to be a spectator. Scum don't want to tie themselves down to other people by pushing opinions like that.

Consider what you are doing now Paper, assuming you're town. You have spotted something that you disagree with fundamentally. Your response is to attack and discuss that point (in this case, Vhaltz's behaviour) as that will help you get into my mind, helping you to determine my PoV and from that, my alignment. The way Vhaltz has gone into this game is different, he points out things but doesn't come to any actual conclusion from them, nor does he try to influence the discussion taking place around him. Why did he not do as you did and call out Rapier's poorly made vote immediately? It is clear that he knew what Rapier's vote was poor, but he didn't act on it.

THAT, Vhaltz, is why you're scummy. Hopefully this clears things up on where I stand. Tbh #99 isn't doing you any favours as do you really expect me to switch my vote as I am asking a follow-up question? To even call it a park is jumping to conclusions considering we're, what, an hour in? Very defensive.

That should be all from me tonight.