• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vhaltz (3): Quote, Prims, #HBC YOLOSWAG

Snike (3): Vhaltz, Shin, kirsche

Rapier (2): Snike, Paperblade

Excellen Browning (2): Rapier, MancerNecro

Shin (1): Excellen Browning

Not Voting (2): RoseSGS, Bossanova

i have nothing to say regarding vhaltzs pursuit of snike outside of that vhaltz is still scum. some1 PLEASE VIG HIM if he lives past today. paperblade is town cuz he whiteknighted vhaltz...prims points are worthless cuz of past game salt ...his first real suspect snike doesnt come til shaky points are made by im (tho this MAY b a minor mark depending on how that interaction plays out. but still)...a lot of his play revolves how people perceive him and i feel like its scum bein hella self aware (psychological tell) and using those contributing to his spotlight to scramble out of it. i also feel that the reasoning for his townreads in 137 are flimsy and that hes reaching on em to get in good with the town

im interested by shin/kirsche joining him on the snike wagon so quickly. not a necessarily "these guys are scum for this" kind of interested but that those switches should be kept in mind on a snike/vhaltz flip cuz they were dynamic enough that i believe theyll be telling with more information

@ shin im lookin at 124. you said that the quickvotes from krische/via onto vhaltz "bother you" cuz they came so close but you later vote vhaltz yourself...why would they bother you if they make sense then? im confused damn. i keep getting to this thread 2 late

prims i hav no info on boss. his only posts were catchup posts with early game town leans/reads that he can pull as either alignment

hey rose while yure right to like me for my blatant towniness whos scum? ratio of town to scum huntings low

dat votecount doe. im gettin a clearer picture but need more posts

That's a cool conspiracy theory man! Any thoughts on the rest of the game that don't immediately revolve around me?

his first real suspect snike doesnt come til shaky points are made by im

and what does this even mean? "his first vote doesn't come until he finds something somebody said that was actually scummy"?

So do you want to discuss what's wrong with my Snike case or are you just going to sit there and call for a vig on me without giving the tiniest shred of evidence that what I've done in the last two pages constitutes scum intent?

I'm cool with being in the spotlight and I wouldn't really mind sharing it with you for a while.

I didn't want to respond to this but yo man it's ED1, what else do you expect us to be doing?? not trying to be rude here but I genuinely don't understand this.

Just being a negative nancy. I play in such a way that I isolate myself from things that don't interest me so I don't become involved what is to me not worthwhile. I was reading forward and Kirsche said that I am sort of not trying to keep in active discussion and he'd be dead-on as my type of style is to instead have an agenda and follow through on it. Right now, my agenda is just looking at anything that feels concrete enough to stop laying in the background about, but thus far I do feel attached given that I came in late, mostly.

I think instead what's needed here is just a quick readslist on how I feel about all players so far, so I can stop worrying about trying to produce something that's worthwhile and get up to speed as I still feel I'm lagging behind a little. I have a tendency to skim really hard or to glance things at initial appearance so a lot of these reads are just that. I could tell sit and tell you 'X content is good, I like his approach etc.' but I think it would come off banal.

I'll get to Kirsche's questioning.

I got hyper cut by shin and didn't even notice it at the time.

OK, so I'm assuming the self-vote was rvs/reaction test. I don't agree with the excellen using/relying on outdated meta guides so much as just using them as justification for his being pushy. But I imagine that Vhaltz did, because he was the one who brought up the meta shift. The not scummy but anti-town thing makes me think that he was voting based on town utility as opposed to shin's scumminess.

I didn't feel weird about Quote's vote, only kirsche's for what I posted previously. Quote's reason aside from the reaction test thing was Vhaltz implying Excellen had scum intent, if I read that right. I don't think it's scum blitzing Vhaltz with their buddy.

I also don't see Prims as being suspicious myself, but I agree with the vhaltz remark wrt avoiding the spotlight which I think was what Kirsche and Prims were trying to get at.

With this + the back and forth between him and Quote about meta (strikes me as a conflict in playstiles more than anything suspicious) I feel like Shin's town.

And here comes excellen.

-I am not going to talk about Mancer. I just can't.

-I think the issue with Vhaltz is more he's not directing the conversation, rather more acting as a spectator. Trying to prevent town infighting is a noble goal, but he hasn't been shaping the way the conversation has been going in order to prevent that. You would think that he'd try to direct it onto people he found scummy if his goal was actually the above.

-Why is 100's logic ass? And incriminating someone is exactly what a case should do. Unless you mean kirsche was setting up vhaltz for a mislynch.

-Disagree because Rapier and Vhaltz are scummy enough imo.

Onto Vhaltz

-@Rapierpoint: A couple of things about rapier: In back to back posts he goes from Excellen jumping the gun, ie overeager townie using flawed, to Excellen is misrepresenting Shin's action as scummy. That looks like a drastic turn in the span of 2 minutes.

As for the bait part, announcing that you know it's a reaction test then going for it anyways shifts the pressure onto the reaction tester instead of the testee.Town IMO would've played along with the reaction test or pursued other avenues to let someone else take/stumble into the test, because now any response to that reaction test is worthless because people are aware of it and will censor their posts accordingly. The point of a reaction test is to get a read on someone, and the less aware the person is of said test when they're taking it, the more accurate the read. So Rapier by that account ruined it for everyone, even moreso than you allegedly did with the post to excellen. And he could've tried to go after excellen or something afterwards.

-@kirschepoint: OK I misread that, and that actually was what I was going to ask Kirsche about along with how your #86 fits into later not voting prims. And yes I waffled on my read on you. That's because I didn't understand the case at the time of post 1. Not sure if I 100% do now but it's your evading the spotlight + not actively influencing the direction of the town's focus.

I have to cut this here because I'm leaving for work but I've seen the rest of the thread (including rest of your post) so far and I'll try to address it later along with a vote switch onto you if Rapier shows up and gets good.

I feel like odd man out but I am not seeing the scum-reads on Vhaltz. This is what gave me pause coming into this game as I saw a bunch of people getting on him for what I felt was flimsy and not fleshed out.

For example, in Kirsche's #100:

The way Vhaltz has gone into this game is different, he points out things but doesn't come to any actual conclusion from them, nor does he try to influence the discussion taking place around him. Why did he not do as you did and call out Rapier's poorly made vote immediately? It is clear that he knew what Rapier's vote was poor, but he didn't act on it.

It all feels like cherrypicking. A whole lot of dissertation between evidence and someone basing their assumptions around something that could have many answers to. Of course that's Mafia in a nutshell but in this case, there's a textbook term in Mafia and it's called Reaching. That's what I feel like this is. It's someone stretching the truth of a situation and putting them into a bad light by spinning it in such a way that makes them look better.

Don't think #100 comes from scum.

This is where I disagree. I didn't like Kirsche from the get-go for starting off about roles as I feel that's an easy topic to cling to as scum to make it look like you give a shit about town's interests. His posting thus far has in general left a bad taste in my mouth and I was confused how people were looking at him just for his ridiculous claim.

Shin should respond to my questions about Via in #141 btw

Yeah, he probably should, what a jerk. Via reacts in certain ways in certain situations, especially under pressure or scrutiny. What I got was some natural Via defensiveness, and from that I got that Via currently doesn't have a strong reads. I'd be more interested to hear why they'd be down with a Snike lynch when they return. If they had acted differently, then it'd be another story.

Whilst I'd be happy to see Vhaltz lynched, I don't quite get YOLO's logic or where they're going with things in general? I might need to read over their posts a few times, but I'm legitimately confused.

EBWOP: I don't know why people are letting Rapier fall into the background himself. Has anyone actually town-read him?

Truth be told, both him and Excellen need to exist. My problem is it's hard to distinguish Rapier as scum from Rapier just being a derp, they're remarkably similar. Excellen should really put some reads together, currently they've got like two town reads and that's it. I'm sure there's part of that guide of yours that talks about scum reads!

Not sure if I 100% do now but it's your evading the spotlight + not actively influencing the direction of the town's focus.

I have to cut this here because I'm leaving for work but I've seen the rest of the thread (including rest of your post) so far

Not sure how you can say these two sentences back to back with a straight face.

Also fail to see how spending half a page arguing back and forth with kirsche is anywhere near avoiding the spotlight, but shrug.

My iPod keeps logging me into my shovel knight account for some reason so if you see propeller knight lurking the game, that's me

My class is over but I need a nap, I'm mostly up to speed though and will post my thoughts after I sleep

Excellen should really put some reads together, currently they've got like two town reads and that's it. I'm sure there's part of that guide of yours that talks about scum reads!

Could you cool it with the poisonous rhetoric?

@YOLO, Bossanova: is RoseSGS one of your dudes? Don't know them but I feel like I've seen the name before for

Nah. Not related to us. Do you have any other suspects besides Vhaltz?

This is where I disagree. I didn't like Kirsche from the get-go for starting off about roles as I feel that's an easy topic to cling to as scum to make it look like you give a shit about town's interests. His posting thus far has in general left a bad taste in my mouth and I was confused how people were looking at him just for his ridiculous claim.

I don't think anybody is townreading kirsche for their claim. ED1 Miller claims are pretty standard so nobody looks into them much anymore unless there's 3 happening at the same time or something.

Do you think kirsche shouldn't have claimed miller? he's really been one of the more proactive players when it comes to pushing people to get reads, so his like... 3 twitterposts of talking about his claim are immediately eclipsed by the content he put out afterwards. Could you elaborate on what you don't like about his posts?

I'm cool with Shin's replies, not so much that he wants to lynch me but you can't always have everything!

fos quote

quotes 75 = "i have a hard time reading shin" -> "dunno my gutreads" -> "feeling kinda weird about rapier" -> "prims shin vote is good but he bothers me" -> "i think i know shins meta but i dont" why say these things? thats not including 82 "kinda...kinda" and 112 "im no longer sure on my vhaltz read" they remind me of noncommittal language ive seen scum use to disguise non stances as content. i read over the posts and feel like he might be nervous scum. im given pause due to his vote on vhaltz that i like but that might be nullified by his stated uncertainty and musing about another vote. its enough that it stands out more to me than anyone else

as for other things that niggas said/asked about me. rosesgs is indeed 1 of my people. im votin vhaltz cuz i think hes scum. rapiers null. speakin of which im not master belch thats gorf and larsa wont be appearing in this game unfortunately

Yo YOLO let me level with you for a minute and say that you remember those type of players who really are anxious to help town but dont wanna be misread or have their intentions mistaken because it will clutter town? quote reads like that. he seems very anxious and if it weren't for his modest attitude id be more about him but the little things he says like apologizing for how he plays just seems like a townie who wants to be understood instead of a scum who is looking to bullshit his way through things. someone is allowed to fight me on this if they feel that quote's behavior is not indicative of his alignment

also lol i didnt know rose was one of us good stuff

EBWOP: Formatting

quotes 75 = "i have a hard time reading shin" -> "dunno my gutreads" -> "feeling kinda weird about rapier" -> "prims shin vote is good but he bothers me" -> "i think i know shins meta but i dont" why say these things? thats not including 82 "kinda...kinda" and 112 "im no longer sure on my vhaltz read" they remind me of noncommittal language ive seen scum use to disguise non stances as content. i read over the posts and feel like he might be nervous scum. im given pause due to his vote on vhaltz that i like but that might be nullified by his stated uncertainty and musing about another vote. its enough that it stands out more to me than anyone else

as for other things that niggas said/asked about me. rosesgs is indeed 1 of my people. im votin vhaltz cuz i think hes scum. rapiers null. speakin of which im not master belch thats gorf and larsa wont be appearing in this game unfortunately

Yo YOLO let me level with you for a minute and say that you remember those type of players who really are anxious to help town but dont wanna be misread or have their intentions mistaken because it will clutter town? quote reads like that. he seems very anxious and if it weren't for his modest attitude id be more about him but the little things he says like apologizing for how he plays just seems like a townie who wants to be understood instead of a scum who is looking to bullshit his way through things. someone is allowed to fight me on this if they feel that quote's behavior is not indicative of his alignment

also lol i didnt know rose was one of us good stuff

Do you think kirsche shouldn't have claimed miller? he's really been one of the more proactive players when it comes to pushing people to get reads, so his like... 3 twitterposts of talking about his claim are immediately eclipsed by the content he put out afterwards. Could you elaborate on what you don't like about his posts?

Literally all claims are irrelevant and I'm treating it as such until further information comes about to prove me wrong. I already elaborated a good chunk of what I didn't like about him in #161, though I still have to get to his questioning.

That's a cool conspiracy theory man! Any thoughts on the rest of the game that don't immediately revolve around me

this is why yure scum. instead of mudslinging why not point out how im reachin n help me understand where im going wrong? that and "btw look @ ppl besides me" like yure my top suspect of course my energys gonna b focused on yu. im MORE than glad to dance with you if thats what it takes to get towns eye back on you

and im suddenly worth questioning only when i keep pushing you which jus supports my statement that yure basing most of your thoughts around how people treat you. too self aware

anyways ima hav more to say later im @ college for the day. see yall tonight