New Class Introduction Videos!

rmodz

I … feel so conflicted on some of these designs.

Why does the lancer promotion have a flag on their butt

What is that giant bird thing on the archer promotion's bow

Why are bow-wielding pegasus knights riding a swan phoenix thing

It's called learn something about another culture,

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called learn something about another culture,

I'm Korean, thank you very much. Making assumptions makes an ass out of both you and me.

Hoshido Classes

Shura ("carnage")- Promoted Oni (clubs and magic)

Blacksmith - Hero equivalent (kanatas and clubs)

"Spear saint" - Promoted Lancer (only naginatas)

Basara ("go crazy") - Naginata and magic (Mage promotion)

Exorcist - magic and staves

Yamabushi (ascetic monk) - lances and staves

War Miko - bows and staves (Sakura and Mikoto class)

Holy Pegasus - naginatas and staves

Golden Kite warrior - naginatas and bows

"Bow saint" - sniper equivalent

Jonin (ninja master) - hidden and swords

Puppeteer - hidden and bows

Kamui's Hoshido promotion - White Tribe - Sword, Dragonstone, Staff

You forgot nine-tailed fox/kitsune, but great list otherwise!

I'm Korean, thank you very much. Making assumptions makes an ass out of both you and me.

I truthfully don't know much here, but how closely associated are Korea and Japan? I thought the general asia area didn't like being thought of as a single culture, but maybe I am thinking of Japan and China. Like I said, I really don't know though.

EDIT: Nevermind!

His Nohr Promotion is SO much cooler. Staves are for squares.

Psshaw. Yeah right. Staves couldn't be better.

That Odin crit looks almighty as hell.

Correct me if i'm wrong: 3 promoted siblings on Nohr's side and just one on Hoshido's side?

Two. Ryouma = Trueblade and Sakura = Archer priestess whatever. Oh, Hinoka = Archer Griffon too.

I truthfully don't know much here, but how closely associated are Korea and Japan? I thought the general asia area didn't like being thought of as a single culture, but maybe I am thinking of Japan and China. Like I said, I really don't know though.

They're similar enough that we don't get too weirded out by dudes washing each other's backs in the hot springs

Korea and Japan aren't super alike in culture, aside from some general things such as respect for your elders and stuff. But I think that the general aesthetic of Korea and Japan are similar enough so that the Japan-inspired Hoshido does not feel foreign at all to me. At the very least, my "conflict" on the Hoshido designs are an initial gut reaction from seeing them the first time and a dumb thing to be called out on needing to be more "culturally sensitive" on.

While we do not like being thought of as literally a single culture by foreigners who are ignorant to our cultures, as people within these cultures that people like to conflate we are also aware of all the similarities (especially visually) and everything we have borrowed upon one another being, you know, neighbors since forever

having similarities != the same, at any rate.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Psshaw. Yeah right. Staves couldn't be better.

Two. Ryouma = Trueblade and Sakura = Archer priestess whatever. Oh, Hinoka = Archer Griffon too.

I think they meant pre-promotes. Nohr has Marx, Leon and Camilla promoted, Hoshido only has Ryouma.

But Hinoka and Sakura don't start out that way. They start out as unpromoted units.

You forgot nine-tailed fox/kitsune, but great list otherwise!

Yes, sorry, but I thought that people already knew that our Vulpix would evolve into Ninetales and that Garumon would digivolve to Mega Mana Garu.

I think they meant pre-promotes. Nohr has Marx, Leon and Camilla promoted, Hoshido only has Ryouma.

Sakura and Hinoka don't start out promoted like Ryoma does.

Ouch, double whammy. But yeah, then it's just Ryouma.

EDIT:Triple whammy. ^ Jeez. XD

Edited by DualMix

Nohr

great knight is actually "great" this time woop woop.

general still has the stupid looking shield.

geez odin is hovering in the air awsome.

Hoshido

the lancer comeback is real i love this class soooo much.

mage class has awsome animations dem spining fans doe.

Sakuras "sniper" design is awsome love the outfit.

mounted bow users=awsome.

promoted kitsune is phenomenal .

kamuis hosido design is imo better than nohr.

just my overall thoughts

I loved almost all the classes and designs I saw. Made me ever more excited for the game.

Loved Benoit's armor. The design alone might make me pick him over Elfie.

Also does anyone know what class Charlotte was? I'm guessing that's her promotion since the outfit was different. Berserker I guess? Whatever it was looked much better than her Fighter design

Also idk who that dude around the 2:40 mark is or what his class is but his animations were awesome. Anyone think it's weird he has claw shoes though?

Was that Orochi wielding a lance starting at around 2:26?

Loved Sakura's promoted outfit, looked so regal and very fitting for her.

New Nohr classes:

Adventurer: Bow and Staff (thief promotion looks like)

Revenant Knight: As we suspected, axes and magic. And promoted.

OUR ANIMALS CAN PROMOTE!

Kamui's Nohr promotion (Dark Blood) can use magic as well as swords and dragonstones.

Also, Sorcerer's animations looks sick.

As if I couldn't love Camilla anymore, you tell me she can use magic? So happy.

Can't wait for a full translation.

Some of these animations are GBA levels of awesome holy...especially those ending animations.

IKR, like Xander's jumping horse attack. I don't think any of Awakening's horse's jumped that high.

IKR, like Xander's jumping horse attack. I don't think any of Awakening's horse's jumped that high.

I personally thought that the horses in Awakening weren't that great. The way they ran was so odd and weird, so I'm glad they got around that with jumping.

Wow, just wow. Intelligent systems really stepped up their game with class design in this game. Long gone is the accursed blue pallete that consumed a character's model now we get gorgeous gold and black palletes for the nohr classes and colors that actually fit the characters in the hoshido side. However, I'm not a fan of the puppeteer class and the terrible transparent dark mage outfit from awakening is back but I'm extremely impressed with the class design in this game.

So far I am absolutely loving the looks of both the new and old classes. The way they've worked in the looks an aesthetics of each side into the classes is amazing. I'm a sucker for little details, and the amount in all the classes looks so breath taking I think I already watched each video around 8 times.

I'm very happy with how they kinda slimmed down the look of the knight, great knight and general classes. The ridiculously bulky look Awakening had for them always felt iffy to me. Here they look a bit more practical.

I'm also excited for the Hoshido equivalent to the great hero class, and absolutely adore that phoenix rider. Plus the shapeshifters getting actual class upgrades is something I'm extremely happy about.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the looks of each class.

OMG .. i love it <3

​now even Demi-humans can promote

i looking into see some Manaketes

And to those who hate Camilla's design, can parallel her to Wyvern Lord

you guys will have to live with the standart picture

On the Nohr side, the order in which the classes are displayed implies these promotion paths:

Paladin << Cavalier >> Great Knight << Knight >> General

Berserker << Axe Fighter >> Brave Hero << Mercenary >> Bow Knight << Thief >> Adventurer

(The Thief-->BK is a guess but it seems likely; side note Thieves are described to have good Res, which is interesting)

Wyvern Lord (aka Dragonmaster) << Wyvern Rider (aka Dracoknight) >> Revenant Knight (magic wyvern hype!!)

Sorcerer << Dark Mage >> Dark Knight

Strategist << Rod Knight >> Maid/Butler (though in the Treehouse footage Felicia gained exp rapidly like an unpromoted unit...)

Garou >> Managarmr

(White Tribe on Hoshido side <<) Dark Prince (Nohr Prince in localization) >> Dark Brad Blood