New Class Introduction Videos!

rmodz

With all these new bow users, I hope they are a lot more useful than they were in any FE that isnt Gaiden

I think Attack Stance will encourage players to use more ranged units.

I hope this doesn't mean that there aren't any male Wyvern Knights...

We already have 3 Wyvern Knights in Nohr and counting Elise's reclass option, that's 4. I'm guessing that each country's soldiers only reclasses to classes from their respective countries?

Man, I wanted to get Nohr but now I really want to try out the Hoshido classes. Stahp making me rethink my decision.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... All these classes are cool and all but...

Honestly, I can't stop thinking about how the Garou promotion gets a single horn on its forehead. I guess they needed something else to give unicorn attributes to now that pegasi allow male riders.

Also my dream of Rod Knight -> maid/Butler not being a thing has been crushed for good

Because these are based on Japanese history/lore/motifs. It's all quite tasteful to me.

-Lancer and other classes have a sashimono

-Fenghuang or Ho-ou style phoenix on the bow

-Mythical animal called a golden kite associated with Emperor Jimmu (black kite for reference)

Thanks for clarifying things.

I saw the videos and in fact I was a bit mixed-up.

I could be reading too much into this, but if my interpretation is correct, the description for Exorcist class (promoted Spellcaster) is: "A person who has mastered a variety of magic." (多彩な呪術と学問を極めた者)

Does this mean that this class can use magic types outside of the ordinary Anima/elemental magics (e,g dark magic)?

Anyone else here think that master seals can't promote the shapeshifters? Because if you think about it, using a master seal is like giving a unit permission to upgrade their armor and weapons. Whereas master sealing a shapeshifter wouldn't work that way because why wouldn't they use their full power at the start and transform into their greater form? I think it's story related like hector's promotion when the shapeshifters promote. Of course of this isn't the case and the shapeshifters do promote with a master seal then I wouldn't mind much.

Aaaah Hinoka's reclass looks amazing...and I love how Oboro carries a sashimono ; U ; <33

Also, seems like Setsuna's from Hoshido ?

Gaaaaah I noticed the sashimono too.

I love how the Hoshido animations are so artsy and spinny and dignified with their jutsu poses.

The Nohrian ones scream a brutal, Western "beat them until they're dead" vibe.

I could be reading too much into this, but if my interpretation is correct, the description for Exorcist class (promoted Spellcaster) is: "A person who has mastered a variety of magic." (多彩な呪術と学問を極めた者)

Does this mean that this class can use magic types outside of the ordinary Anima/elemental magics (e,g dark magic)?

No, I think it means Staves/Batons.

I think Attack Stance will encourage players to use more ranged units.

We already have 3 Wyvern Knights in Nohr and counting Elise's reclass option, that's 4. I'm guessing that each country's soldiers only reclasses to classes from their respective countries?

Man, I wanted to get Nohr but now I really want to try out the Hoshido classes. Stahp making me rethink my decision.

You could steal somebody's Rinkah or another Hoshidan unit via StreetPass or whatever it is that lets you do that.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

The only thing I don't like is how all the siblings on the Nohr side but Elise are all promoted.I guess they did that cause of the harder difficulty.

I just can't wrap my head around Bowmen promoting to Puppetmaster though. The flavor doesn't seem to fit. I guess they both handle strings...

It's okay, the main reason I consider Puppeteer as a possible promotion path it's because, when you sit and think about it from another angle, the Class is basically the Ballistician with New Tricks and a Coat of Paint.

And also because ironically it's the Hoshidan Bow-wielding Promoted Class with the least of amount of strings attached: It's still hard to dismiss the Gender-lock risk of the War Maiden and the Unlikelihood of a Foot Unit Class promoting into a Flier one...

I'm now really hoping the Famitsu Ten-page issue comes with a Promotion Branching Graph.

Edited by AstraSage

I may be the only one, but I think the Lancers second promotion will be to Weaoin Master and not Basara(The spellcaster promotion with Naginatas).

Hoshido class descriptions. Didn't take as long as I thought.

Kitsune - A long-lived fox that deceives humans. Has superior speed and resistance

Shura ("carnage")- A warrior that has surpassed Oni fighters to become like a demi-god. Pulverizes every enemy it comes across with clubs and magic.

Blacksmith – An artisan that forges weapons. Has superior skill and uses kanatas and clubs.

"Spear saint" – A person that has reached the climax of the way of the naginata. Possesses high composure and ability.

Basara ("go crazy") – A person who enjoys an unconventionally wild and free-spirited existence. Sows confusion and disturbance among the enemy with naginatas and magic.

Exorcist – A person that has reached the climax of many different magical disciplines. They are extremely well-versed in both magic and staves.

Yamabushi (ascetic monk) – A person who has spiritually awakened to the final stage of asceticism. They heal their allies with staves and kill their enemies with naginatas.

War Miko – Women who fight for the sake of God and the people. They heal their allies with staves and kill their enemies with bows.

Holy Pegasus warrior (I like Seraph Knight)- High-ranking Pegasus Warriors. Along with naginatas, they support and protect their allies with staves.

Golden Kite warrior – Warriors who ride the legendary bird, the Golden Kite. Using naginatas and bows, they have mastered the way of the sky battle.

"Bow saint" - A person that has reached the climax of the way of the bow. They excel in critical hits and accuracy.

Jonin (ninja master) – A leader that controls the ninja. They take out their targets with hidden weapons and swords.

Puppeteer – Craftsmen that skillfully manipulate their kakurashi dolls to wield hidden weapons and bows.

Kamui's Hoshido promotion - White Tribe – A high-ranking noble who holds the spirit of Hoshido. In addition to swords and dragonstones, they can wield staves.

Ninetales - The evolution of Vulpix. A high-ranking fox with strong spiritual powers. Holds an even greater ability than kitsunes.

My current theory about the majority of the Nohr siblings being promoted is that they join you as PCs later in the story. If Kamui is really trying to reform Nohr from within, it might be a while before he can get his siblings to betray their father like that. Whereas I would expect the Hoshido siblings to more or less join up with you ASAP to help you in the war against Nohr.

I may be the only one, but I think the Lancers second promotion will be to Weaoin Master and not Basara(The spellcaster promotion with Naginatas).

I used to think the same, but the fact that the Basara's armor, pose & moves look so much like the lancer makes me doubt it. It could be because both are girls using a lance but...

More over, the order of the classes in the video makes me think Basara is also more likely to be its other promotion. But we'll have to wait and see.

Anyone else here think that master seals can't promote the shapeshifters? Because if you think about it, using a master seal is like giving a unit permission to upgrade their armor and weapons. Whereas master sealing a shapeshifter wouldn't work that way because why wouldn't they use their full power at the start and transform into their greater form? I think it's story related like hector's promotion when the shapeshifters promote. Of course of this isn't the case and the shapeshifters do promote with a master seal then I wouldn't mind much.

Master Seals have been described before, storywise, as awakening the user's potential. If it were just a matter of getting new armor, you'd think you'd be buying armors, not Master Seals.

These vids make me more certain that me joining the side of Nohr was the correct decision.

Dark Blood

Berserker

Hero

Revenant Knight

Sorcerer

Dark Knight

Strategist

Mana Garu

All good and cool classes (and no, I don't believe Revenant Knight is gender-locked to female due to a little theory I have).

The only ones from the Hoshido side that I want to try are the Shura, the Puppetmaster (and luckily for me, Suzukaze joins me on the Nohr path), and the Ninetales.

EDIT: Also, Dark Blood and White Blood really feel like they're a black knight and a paladin respectively (in the way those two RPG classes usually are in RPGs: the black knight being geared towards pure offense and the paladin being geared towards having some (or a lot of) healing/support options).

Edited by Folt

Now I'm wondering about what other non-exclusive characters we'll get to see what classes are available on both routes. So far for shared classes, we have: Maid/Butler, Cavalier/Paladin/Great Knight, Ninja/Jonin/Puppeteer, and Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Lord/Revenant Knight. As for confirmed reclasses we also have Strategist, Hero and Bow Knight via Felicia.

We technically get a Hoshido Bow Knight y-yay!

War Miko – Women who fight for the sake of God and the people. They heal their allies with staves and kill their enemies with bows.

Seems like there's one gender-locked class remaining. I really don't see the point tbh.

It would then seem that Priest promotes to Exorcist and Yamabushi while Priestess promotes to Exorcist and War Miko