New Class Introduction Videos!

rmodz

For those of you wondering what the heck a maanagarumu is (the werewolf promotion.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hati_Hr%C3%B3%C3%B0vitnisson

Another name for Hati Hróðvitnisson is Mánagarmr ("Moon-Hound"), referring to his hunting down the moon during the Ragnarök and swallowing it. The name can be anglicizedas Managarm, Manegarm, Mánagarm or Managarmr.

Edited by nordopolica

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While watching this video I noticed that nohr has no normal mages which worried me

Their base stats are actually closer to regular mage (with high mag and res) than traditional dark mage. I want to see more magic classes in Hoshido.

Edited by Ryo

Christmas came early! Most of these class designs and animations are SEXUALLY GRATIFYING fantastic. I'm a bit disappointed we won't be getting Nomads though. No bow knights in Hoshido make NekoKnight something something... I'm still counting less than 60 classes.

Going to miss Tactician, Assassin, Dread Fighters and Dark Fliers.

I wonder how the animations will work for Hoshido spellcasters using tomes. Will it be possible at all?

Edited by NekoKnight

Christmas came early! Most of these class designs and animations are SEXUALLY GRATIFYING fantastic. I'm a bit disappointed we won't be getting Nomads though. No bow knights in Hoshido make NekoKnight something something... I'm still counting less than 60 classes.

Going to miss Tactician, Assassin, Dread Fighters and Dark Fliers.

Are ya that pessimistic on Robin's amiibo?

Heh, despite my avatar and all, I think Oni are my new favorites in terms of base class (because promoting to Bow Knight has been useless in my every playthrough of any FE I have so far).

Edited by Only MU V2

I find it rather humorous how Benoit just tosses his spear on the ground to bow.

Benoit ragequit the game.

Whoa these classes are awesome.

I really like it that our shapeshifters can now promote too and the promotions look really nice too.

However I am sad that the assassin doesn't return.I mean they could have just given the thief hidden weapons and it would have fit.

I also really dislike it that the mercenary class seems to be the only class without unique promotions(as thieves seemingly promote to bow knights as well),while everyone else has them.

I also wonder why we didn't see Aquas class and I guess there might be some neutral classes still waiting for us.

Also I have no idea about archers' 2nd promotion, it will either be War Miko or Puppeteer. Maybe even kite warrior, but usually grounded units don't become fliers.

Because of the order showed in the video I think Archers will promote to "snipper" and to "phoenix rider". I don't see possible the puppeter because they look soooooooo different and the War Miko could be a female only classe so...

We already have Ninjas. We don't need Assassins.

Yeah you are kinda right about that,but the fact that assassins are missing is only so important to me because I hate it if a class doesn't have a unique promotion and the lack of assassins means that the thief is promoting into a bow-knight as well,meaning the mercenary doesn't get a unique promotion.(I just realized that the spellcaster most likely doesn't get one either as the basara is shared with the lancer and the yin-yang master is probably shared with the 2 priest-classes)

Assuming these videos are all the classes in the game (minus Aqua), it looks like Nohr doesn't get a "recruit" unit like the Villager. They must have thought it wouldn't fit without the grinding.

Comparing both your suggestions and mine on the fifth page, the crucial thing to know is which way do Lancers promote besides Spearmasters/saints (I still have the feeling Weaponmaster being the more viable answer, because the Nohr and Hoshido Class Rolls seem to get a parallel drawn between Cavalier/Knight and Samurai/Lancer). Then there's the Archer dilemma, which is kinda related to whether the Puppeteer Class counts as a mounted class to compete with the Kite Warrior or not.

And of course I have to add, like egobarrier said, that's more likely there's a Gender-split about which Hybrid Class do the Hoshidan Healers promote into than them forgoing the Magic-focused Exorcist as a promotion...

Yeah, I was assuming there were no gender-locked classes, what with female fighters and male pegasus riders going around, and that War Miko would get a male equivalent like "war priest". But then, there wouldn't be any reason to show Priest and Priestess as separate classes, and not both versions of the promoted class.

But yeah, that opens up Exorcist for a shared slot with Priest(ess) and Spellcaster. As for Lancer to Weaponmaster, you're probably right. I don't really understand what Basara is based on, but it makes more sense for a unit with actual magic growths to promote into a magic user. I think I was just having trouble picturing Oboro swinging katanas and clubs around, lol.

I just can't wrap my head around Bowmen promoting to Puppetmaster though. The flavor doesn't seem to fit. I guess they both handle strings...

Wait a second why was there no songstress class there , Are they trying to hide something from us.

Now that you mention it, there was no songstress class in both videos... a class unique to Aqua perhaps?

EDIT: deleted stupid stuff.

Edited by LoboKD001

Now that you mention it, there was no songstress class in both videos... a class unique to Aqua perhaps?

and I know this is really out topic but...

"imagine a weird fusion of britain and the most hardcore chinatown you can think of (LA chinatown is a good example). now sub a language in which you can't tell the difference between "good morning" and "fuck you"

that's hong kong" < I'm sorry I live in Hong Kong but I don't even understand...

You'll be better served sending the person in question a PM.

You'll be better served sending the person in question a PM.

Eh.. true. Forgot PM exists in this world but I'll just gonna ignore it. -deletes-

Anyways, it doesn't seems that both Hoshido and Nohr share any common classes.

well there are ones confirmed for both but they are just assigned a side

And I really get the feeling they are trying to hide something important about aqua from us

Edited by Mackc2

I … feel so conflicted on some of these designs.

Why does the lancer promotion have a flag on their butt

What is that giant bird thing on the archer promotion's bow

Why are bow-wielding pegasus knights riding a swan phoenix thing

Because these are based on Japanese history/lore/motifs. It's all quite tasteful to me.

-Lancer and other classes have a sashimono

-Fenghuang or Ho-ou style phoenix on the bow

-Mythical animal called a golden kite associated with Emperor Jimmu (black kite for reference)

Edited by audiotronica

I'm also pretty much over the initial gut reactions and don't appreciate being called culturally insensitive (Korean culture is still more similar to Japanese culture than it is to Western culture) because some of the designs seemed aesthetically jarring to me. The sashimono and the golden kite don't bother me anymore. The bow I still don't think is great, just because I'm not sure how practical it is to have something that looks so large and weighty on it.