"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Rough translation: "Little by little, the growing bonds between the two finally brought them together. But before long, Kamui's castle would become the target of raids by figureless monsters..."

Oh my gosh thank you so so much!! <3

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do you get your first Parallel Seal in the Nohr route? I'm planning to give Kamui Pegasus Warrior for his secondary class so that I can use him as my customary earlygame peg despite the lack of pegasi in Nohr (which still makes no sense to me, Pegasus is from a western myth!), but want to know how soon I'll be able to do so.

Your puppet is just an exact clone of you, and you cannot name it.

When the puppet loses HP, so will the unit, and vice versa. Same with EXP.

You and your puppet have the same inventory. When you clone yourself, the puppet simply gets access to your items. Trading the puppet's items with another unit will trade the pupeteer's items as well.

Basically, Copycat doesn't create another unit like Summon from FE8. It splits you so that you can be in two places at once.

Can you pair up with yourself?

Is the purpose of A+ supports to pass skills only?

Also, are Generals good in this game?

Yes.

As physical walls only, they can pretty much forget about doubling in general (no pun intended), they have some worry about being doubled before they get defensive formation, and they still get (somewhat) rekt by magic. You can just give one a javelin and have them weaken everything

Can you pair up with yourself?

Yes.
Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Your puppet is just an exact clone of you, and you cannot name it.

When the puppet loses HP, so will the unit, and vice versa. Same with EXP.

You and your puppet have the same inventory. When you clone yourself, the puppet simply gets access to your items. Trading the puppet's items with another unit will trade the pupeteer's items as well.

Basically, Copycat doesn't create another unit like Summon from FE8. It splits you so that you can be in two places at once.

So... what happens if the puppet dies? And does killing the puppeteer take out the puppet as well? Edited by Levant Colthearts

Tut. Doesn't seem as useful as I first thought...

It would probably be too good otherwise. Think about it, give that skill to everyone in your army and you've doubled your forces with no risk at all.

It would probably be too good otherwise. Think about it, give that skill to everyone in your army and you've doubled your forces with no risk at all.

You got a point there. Ah well.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

How is the story compared to past games? Is it better, worse, or about the same?

That's an incredibly subjective question that depends on preferences and a lot of different aspects.

I personally dislike the story and think it was told very, very poorly, but there are some nice moments and some really funny supports and characters. However, even though Awakening's story isn't anything special, I honestly think I prefer it.

Edited by Thane

Theoretically, because of marriage seal shenanigans, can every single unit in the game have every skill not limited to character locked classes? (A character locked class like Garou).

Yes, but in the Hoshido and Nohr routes, it depends on the Avatar's gender and secondary class, as some classes would be otherwise unavaible. For example, no units in the Nohr route have Lance Fighter or Spellcaster class sets, so you need to have them on the Avatar. Even then, you can only marry one unit, so your influence is limited.

Edited by gayserbeam

But the thing is that buying skills is a thung now which opens many possibilities with skills.Since you can buy skills from other people's units (Leon can get a skill from another Leon) you can potentially have every unit have a plethora of skills (Granted you have the time to look for skills).That is unless I misunderstood some information, in which be my guest to correct me.

Edited by Omega's_End

But the thing is that buying skills is a thung now which opens many possibilities with skills.Since you can buy skills from other people's units (Leon can get a skill from another Leon) you can potentially have every unit have a plethora of skills (Granted you have the time to look for skills).That is unless I misunderstood some information, in which be my guest to correct me.

Yes, if someone chose female Avatar with Lance Fighter and married Leon in the Nohr route, Leon and their kids could all get Breaking Sky. So then in another game/playthrough you could buy Breaking Sky for Leon, Kamui and their respective children. It's just that it is impossible without multiple playthroughs or WiFi connectivity to get any skill on any unit.

Does the dragon form of Kamui change at all after promoting like how the Garous and Foxes do? And if it does, is there a difference between white and black blood dragon forms?

Edited by zoned out

Does the dragon form of Kamui change at all after promoting like how the Garous and Foxes do? And if it does, is there a difference between white and black blood dragon forms?

No and no. You don't change at all after promoting.

Yes.

As physical walls only, they can pretty much forget about doubling in general (no pun intended), they have some worry about being doubled before they get defensive formation, and they still get (somewhat) rekt by magic. You can just give one a javelin and have them weaken everything

Thanks for the answers! Does this mean even brave weapons only hit once?