"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I was looking at the Weapons page and noticed the traditional healing staves (Heal, Mend, Physics) or their baton equivalents all have very, very nerfed usage compared to past games. Does that impact gameplay as much as I'm imagining?

They are very cheap and they are the only weapon type you need to really stock up on, and I went through the entire game using pretty much just the E-D staves and occasionally Physic. It really doesn't have a huge impact.

The reason they have been downgraded is to stop you from stalling out a map for too long, not to create resource management pressure.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are very cheap and they are the only weapon type you need to really stock up on, and I went through the entire game using pretty much just the E-D staves and occasionally Physic. It really doesn't have a huge impact.

The reason they have been downgraded is to stop you from stalling out a map for too long, not to create resource management pressure.

Isn't it actually kinda great for leveling up healers since it creates more opportunities to spam staves when they heal less?

Isn't it actually kinda great for leveling up healers since it creates more opportunities to spam staves when they heal less?

Well... That's certainly one way to look at it. Not that I disagree.

Yup, but I never found leveling up healers with staves as important in Fates, because of a few reasons:

1) You can Parallel Seal at any level, so if you want to reclass your healer to level them easier without wasting staves, you don't need to push to level 10.

2) Regardless of route, you always get Felicia/Joker, who can attack and heal with 6 MOV, so if you reclass Sakura/Elise/Asama for leveling you never have to worry about losing your ability to heal

3) You almost immediately get Aqua, who can refresh units, so you can easily heal two units in one turn with only one healer

4) Plenty of classes get staves after promotion

5) You'll pretty much never need more than a C in staves

So I hear you can choose between White Tribe or Dark Blood on the third route.

Let's say I become a Dark Blood 'cause I think it's cooler, but later decide I want to pick up White Tribe's skills. Can I use a parallel seal to change to one?

I was looking at the Weapons page and noticed the traditional healing staves (Heal, Mend, Physics) or their baton equivalents all have very, very nerfed usage compared to past games. Does that impact gameplay as much as I'm imagining?

In the Hoshido route, a lot of enemies drop staves so the only time I really had to buy them was to get E-rank staves for freshly promoted units.

So I hear you can choose between White Tribe or Dark Blood on the third route.

Let's say I become a Dark Blood 'cause I think it's cooler, but later decide I want to pick up White Tribe's skills. Can I use a parallel seal to change to one?

Yes you can.

Just asking this again, do shops restock?

How does the Avatar's promotion options in each route affect the skills the Avatar can buy? I assume that in Hoshido you can only get White Blood's skills and vice versa for Nohr while you can buy skills from both classes in the third route.

Edited by Magician Lugh

Yes you can.

Just asking this again, do shops restock?

Armories and Vendors have some items that are limited and some that are infinite; limited ones never restock. When shopping in another person's My Castle you cannot buy out-of-stock limited items. Edited by gayserbeam

Is it possible to get killer weapons (besides the killer axe and assassin's shuriken) in the Hoshido route? The venders at other castles only carry the basic weapons.

Is it possible to get killer weapons (besides the killer axe and assassin's shuriken) in the Hoshido route? The venders at other castles only carry the basic weapons.

A character joins with a killer axe a little later on, and you can purchase an Assassin's Shuriken in the level 2 shop and two in the level 3 shop.

A character joins with a killer axe a little later on, and you can purchase an Assassin's Shuriken in the level 2 shop and two in the level 3 shop.

I guess that's a no for the other killer weapons. I was hoping you could purchase them from Nohr My Castles but it seems you can only buy the basic weapons. It's pretty pointless.

Buy 2 routes and all three routes, respectively.

Thanks.

Just to clarify, are they limited or are they infinite like the other seals?

Thanks.

Just to clarify, are they limited or are they infinite like the other seals?

From what I've heard they're limited. Only 2 promotion items to promote units into those special classes. If they have awesome skills, I can see why IS would limit it. Edited by Fanatic&Ecstatic

1. Are the DLC class items unlimited/reusable? Let's say I use a Dread Scroll on Flannel. Do I keep it, or nah? Since it seems like the only way to get them is to purchase the routes... Is there another way to get them?

2. How does Galeforce work?

3. Is Nishiki fab good?