"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, support units can activate skills in this game?

The Support Unit in Attack Stance can not proc skills, nor do they receive benefits from Extravagance or any skill that includes the description "when user initiates the battle".

Edited by gayserbeam

The Support Unit in Attack Stance can not proc skills, nor do they receive benefits from Extravagance or any skill that includes the description "when user initiates the battle".

I'm fairly sure the strike skills (those that would work in attack stance anyway) apply. It's a little obvious if you set it up that is

I would have had a question, except I need to prove or disprove support units activating skills before I could ask it

Do enemy Elite Ninjas have a chance of spawning with Lethality?

From what I've seen in the main story, unfortunately no, all skills are predetermined by the way.

For example, (Elite) Ninjas in the awakening dlc have snake venom, cut through, and deadly breath on lunatic, which makes it very easy for them to kill pretty much anyone. Generals in Lunatic Invisible Kingdom have Defense +2 and Confined Defense, Paladins have Open Assault, Berserkers have HP +5 and Roundhouse

I have a question, are there any good tracks in the game's OST, and if so, what are some examples?

Good is subjective, but I'd recommend Boss A3 (Used for Sakura, Hinoka and Ryoma)

I was mostly asking around for a sound gallery thing because there have been a number of people asking for song names...

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

From what I've seen in the main story, unfortunately no, all skills are predetermined by the way.

For example, (Elite) Ninjas in the awakening dlc have snake venom, cut through, and deadly breath on lunatic, which makes it very easy for them to kill pretty much anyone. Generals in Lunatic Invisible Kingdom have Defense +2 and Confined Defense, Paladins have Open Assault, Berserkers have HP +5 and Roundhouse

I thought it'd have been like Awakening, where enemies had a chance of having the skills associated with their class (and in the case of promoted classes, the skills from their possible base forms). Thanks.

I have a question, are there any good tracks in the game's OST, and if so, what are some examples?

As CocoaGalaxy said, that's very subjective; I personally think its very hit-and-miss (half the songs use Hitori Oumo in some shape or form).

One piece of music that I like is Boss_B2, which, even though it loops quickly, is one Gaullic stomp of a boss theme.

Robin's battle theme is also very good; Prelude (Ablaze) meets Id:Purpose.

As CocoaGalaxy said, that's very subjective; I personally think its very hit-and-miss (half the songs use Hitori Oumo in some shape or form).

One piece of music that I like is Boss_B2, which, even though it loops quickly, is one Gaullic stomp of a boss theme.

Robin's battle theme is also very good; Prelude (Ablaze) meets Id:Purpose.

Robin's battle theme is just Id~Hope from Fire Emblem Awakening. It hasn't been changed at all.

However, Marth's theme is new, and it's awesome. It's a remix of the attack theme in FE1.

Edited by gayserbeam

Robin's battle theme is just Id~Hope from Fire Emblem Awakening. It hasn't been changed at all.

However, Marth's theme is new, and it's awesome. It's a remix of the attack theme in FE1.

Odd; I don't remember hearing it in the game, and it's not listed in the sound test part of the unit gallery.

Are there random generic female units (not including bosses)? Like female Dark Mages, Mercenaries, Ninjas, etc?

EDIT: On another note..

Without touching on spoilers, does the story have plot twists that are not too obvious or predictable like in Awakening?

I managed to get this far without knowing hardly anything about the story other than some "semi-spoilery" themes like...

reincarnation

I figured this would be the case when we have characters like Syalla

I just hope I don't roll my eyes when I play through the game when I see a predictable plot point coming from a mile away.

Edited by Leif

Are there random generic female units (not including bosses)? Like female Dark Mages, Mercenaries, Ninjas, etc?

EDIT: On another note..

Without touching on spoilers, does the story have plot twists that are not too obvious or predictable like in Awakening?

I managed to get this far without knowing hardly anything about the story other than some "semi-spoilery" themes like...

reincarnation

I figured this would be the case when we have characters like Syalla

I just hope I don't roll my eyes when I play through the game when I see a predictable plot point coming from a mile away.

All enemy Pegasus Warriors, Falcon Warriors, Golden Kite Warriors, Priestesses, Rod Knights and Maids (there are no enemy Butlers) are female. War Priestesses exist alongside Mountain Priests.

There are a few plot twists. Predictable? No. Contrived, perhaps even absurd? Maybe.

Ignoring Spotpass stuff, how common are magical weapons (e.g. Shinrai Naginata, Explosive Shuriken, etc) in Hoshido? Any Levin Swords, or are those just in Nohr?

An Explosive Shuriken is found in the story and up to three can be bought in the store. The Shinrai Naginata is in the same boat, but I remember finding two during the main story.

Levin Swords and Shining Bows can only be found as Rank Bonuses, but there is a Bolt Axe dropped by an enemy Berserker in the main story.

An Explosive Shuriken is found in the story and up to three can be bought in the store. The Shinrai Naginata is in the same boat, but I remember finding two during the main story.

Levin Swords and Shining Bows can only be found as Rank Bonuses, but there is a Bolt Axe dropped by an enemy Berserker in the main story.

Super spiffy; was worried since my projected team was sorely lacking in Spell-users not named Tsukuyomi. And that Bolt Axe is going straight to Rinka, woo.

Super spiffy; was worried since my projected team was sorely lacking in Spell-users not named Tsukuyomi. And that Bolt Axe is going straight to Rinka, woo.

kinda amusing that even with Rinkah's 25/30 Mag growth as Oni/Shura, she's really the only viable option for Bolt Axe.

kinda amusing that even with Rinkah's 25/30 Mag growth as Oni/Shura, she's really the only viable option for Bolt Axe.

Go figure - the Bolt Axe winds up being about as useful (read: useless) as it was in PoR.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I dunno about POR, but the Bolt Axe isn't too bad...er... I think....

In this base classes and what not, I don't think most characters can get very good use out of it

Camilla (moreso in Revenant Knight than Wyvern Lord), and reclassed Elise are the only ones that come to mind, and they're not available in Hoshido

...It might have something to do with the relative lack of axes in Hoshido in the first place

(The videos I saw had Rinkah doing decent damage ...but it might be subjective)

When I look at the numbers, they are kind of depressing, the only units with "sizable" base magic growth that are not magic units are

Felicia (she has higher magic than strength so she might as well be a magic unit)

Avatar (still only 30 base, can go higher depending on class and choices i guess)

Saizou (lolololol)

Really, after these three, the next two are Azura and Camilla (base 25 Growth)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I dunno about POR, but the Bolt Axe isn't too bad...er... I think....

In this base classes and what not, I don't think most characters can get very good use out of it

Camilla (moreso in Revenant Knight than Wyvern Lord), and reclassed Elise are the only ones that come to mind, and they're not available in Hoshido

...It might have something to do with the relative lack of axes in Hoshido in the first place

(The videos I saw had Rinkah doing decent damage ...but it might be subjective)

When I look at the numbers, they are kind of depressing, the only units with "sizable" base magic growth that are not magic units are

Felicia (she has higher magic than strength so she might as well be a magic unit)

Avatar (still only 30 base, can go higher depending on class and choices i guess)

Saizou (lolololol)

Really, after these three, the next two are Azura and Camilla (base 25 Growth)

Yeesh... That's not much better than in PoR.