"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

No one can use the Avatar as their buddy. And the way Buddy seals work it that when you use them the "buddy" adds their friend's primary class as another reclass option. Same with marriage seals. Also the Avatar can buddy with anyone of the same gender, since buddy seals are same gender only. In addition,other characters can only use the buddy seal once. For classes such as Garou and Nohr Prince the secondary class is shared. Also A+ ranks are not two-way, so Lazward can A+ Odin and Odin can still A+ Zero. The Avatar cannot achieve an A+ rank, so all he or she needs is an A rank.

In short, buddy / marriage seals only give the primary class (base class). If two units share a base class, they get each other's secondary classes. You cannot give the Rod Knight class to anyone except your marriage partner and children because no one can A+ with the avatar.

And in your case, Kaze will give Ninja to Sakura. Sakura can only get Rod Knight if she marries you (with Rod Knight secondary) or Jakob, or buddies with Elise.

Okay, so if I'm correct, for example, could Rod Knight Mamui Buddy Seal Kaze so Kaze would get Rod Knight, but the Avatar would not get Ninja, right? Sorry I'm so dumb... XD But one final thing, can you have, Felicia for example. Marriage Seal Kaze. Would Kaze get Rod Knight? Would Felicia get Ninja? Or would they each get their partners base class? And then, could Felicia still Buddy Seal Rinka for example, and give her Rod Knight? Or would Rinka have to Buddy Seal Felicia and then would she get Rod Knight and Felicia get Oni, or how would that work if Felicia had already used a Marriage Seal? Once again, my apologies XD

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so if I'm correct, for example, could Rod Knight Mamui Buddy Seal Kaze so Kaze would get Rod Knight, but the Avatar would not get Ninja, right? Sorry I'm so dumb... XD But one final thing, can you have, Felicia for example. Marriage Seal Kaze. Would Kaze get Rod Knight? Would Felicia get Ninja? Or would they each get their partners base class? And then, could Felicia still Buddy Seal Rinka for example, and give her Rod Knight? Or would Rinka have to Buddy Seal Felicia and then would she get Rod Knight and Felicia get Oni, or how would that work if Felicia had already used a Marriage Seal? Once again, my apologies XD

Heh, it's okay. This seal business is a bit confusing, I'll admit.

Kaze cannot buddy seal with Kamui, because no one can buddy with Kamui. However, Kamui can use the buddy seal with anyone (of the same gender) he has an A Support with. Kamui will get Ninja (at an A Support), but Kaze will not get Rod Knight.

Yes, Kaze will get Rod Knight, and Felicia will get Ninja. Those are each others' base classes, y'know. Felicia can only buddy with Hana on the Hoshido path (Birthright). Everyone can have one S Support and A+ Support. In this case, Felicia can give Kaze Rod Knight by marrying him, and also give Hana Rod Knight by buddying with her.

Edited by Carter

If a chatacter dies in battle in Classic Mode but "retreats" do they still appear in My Castle?

I don't know since I have not had a character die and if I did I reset, but I would assume no.

No. You have to Child Seal from their base class. You'll need to Child Seal him to Basara or Holy Lancer, then Parallel Seal him.

Training Mozume is way easier and safer with Encounters, because you can decide the relative level, the enemies don't flee, and you can choose to summon the Encounter on a map with exploitable layout with several chokepoints (or in one case, even a healing floor).

In Nohr, there are no Encounters, so it's the only place to grind Mozume. Just make sure that she isn't at level 1 anywhere past Chapter 12 or so, because she probably won't be able to damage the enemies without Attack Stance and they'll kill her in one hit. In Hoshido, Encounters are almost always better for general grinding, but early-mid game you'll eventually hit a wall between chapters where EXP gain from Encounters is too poor unless you progress to the next chapter and open a new map, so you can use the DLC to grind at that point. Late game, that problem evaporates, though, because you can buy Encounters with LV 20 enemies.

Grabbing the kids late game is usually worth it. Only a few characters make it risky because of the nature of their paralogues, but many can be safely Child Sealed on the first few turns.

But still, if I want to grind Mozume in the DLC map in the Nohr path early game, I should buy the only Parallel Seal form my vendor (or try to find a level 3 vendor by skimming through various other My Castles) and make her an Archer like most people suggest, right (The "Underdog" skill isn't that useful anyways)?

And speaking of which, which child characters do you think is too risky to wait late game (i.e. the chapter before the final chapter like Shinonome) because of the nature of the map, and which ones you think it's safer to wait for late game?

But still, if I want to grind Mozume in the DLC map in the Nohr path early game, I should buy the only Parallel Seal form my vendor (or try to find a level 3 vendor by skimming through various other My Castles) and make her an Archer like most people suggest, right (The "Underdog" skill isn't that useful anyways)?

And speaking of which, which child characters do you think is too risky to wait late game (i.e. the chapter before the final chapter like Shinonome) because of the nature of the map, and which ones you think it's safer to wait for late game?

In Nohr, reclassing Mozume is useful because there are lots of pegasus knight enemies early game, and bows are a ranged, high might weapon and therefore preferable for training weak units. You'll eventually want to reclass her again, though, because Weapon Master and Great Merchant have useful skills.

I like Holy Bowman as a final class for Mozume because it has higher speed than GM or WM, so you might even want to reclass her a third time.

Ryoma's and Saizou's kids' paralogues are trickier if you wait till the endgame, because

Shinonome starts near enemies and Grei can't be recruited until the end of his chapter, so in late game the timer is ticking until he leaves the east hallway and kills himself against a level 18 enemy.

Others you'll be fine no matter when you do them, unless you royally screw up.

Edited by gayserbeam

Which children's paralogues are better for farming EXP?

Sophie and Matoi's paralogues have quite a bit of promoted enemies, so that works well. Other than that, I don't remember the others too well. I completed many of the paralogues after chapter 19.

I've heard people claim both that true hit is gone in fates, and that true hit is still there. Which is it?

someone would have to do a controlled experiment with the actual game but I want to know, too! who's going to be our guinea pig? best option is 75 Hit. this has the largest difference between Hit and True Hit (True Hit here would be 87.75. 74 and 76 Hit are 86.74 and 88.72 respectively)

Heh, it's okay. This seal business is a bit confusing, I'll admit.

Kaze cannot buddy seal with Kamui, because no one can buddy with Kamui. However, Kamui can use the buddy seal with anyone (of the same gender) he has an A Support with. Kamui will get Ninja (at an A Support), but Kaze will not get Rod Knight.

Yes, Kaze will get Rod Knight, and Felicia will get Ninja. Those are each others' base classes, y'know. Felicia can only buddy with Hana on the Hoshido path (Birthright). Everyone can have one S Support and A+ Support. In this case, Felicia can give Kaze Rod Knight by marrying him, and also give Hana Rod Knight by buddying with her.

Ohh...Now I get it. Thanks, Carter! So...looks like my run of only Butlers and Maids may not be so easy lol

Ohh...Now I get it. Thanks, Carter! So...looks like my run of only Butlers and Maids may not be so easy lol

It should be much easier in Nohr, because some of the characters can naturally reclass to Rod Knight.

In Hoshido

Pick Rod Knight as your secondary

Your marriage partner will get Rod Knight

Felicia and Jakob are already a Maid and Butler

Deere is a Rod Knight

Shigure has natural access to Rod Knight

Kanna has natural access to Rod Knight

Buddy Hana with Felicia

Buddy Silas and Takumi with Jakob

Buddy Kisaragi and Gurei with Deere

Marry Felicia with any male of your choice (except Jakob)

Marry Jakob with any female of your choice (except Felicia)

Marry Shigure to Matoi (if not siblings)

Marry Kanna to any second gen (depends on gender)

Marry Deere to any second gem female of your choice

Felicia's child will have access to Rod Knight

Azura!Matoi has access to Rod Knight

That's potentially 17 Maids / Butlers right there in Hoshido!

In Nohr

Felicia, Jakob, and Flora are already a Maid and Butler

Elise is a Rod Knight

Foleo is a Rod Knight

Deere is a Rod Knight

Leo has natural access to Rod Knight

Effie has natural access to Rod Knight

Charlotte has natural access to Rod Knoght

Buddy Camilla and Azura with Elise

Buddy Pieri with Felicia

Buddy Silas and Gunter with Jakob

Buddy Odin with Leo

Buddy Lutz with Deere

Buddy Siegbert with Foleo

Marry Felicia with any male of your choice (except Jakob and Leo)

Marry Jakob with any female of your choice (except Felicia and Elise)

Marry Charlotte to Arthur

Marry Effie to Benoit

Marry Leo to Nyx

Marry Kanna to any second gen (depending on gender)

Marry Foleo to any second gen female of your choice

Marry Deere to any second gen female of your choice

Elise's child will have access to Rod Knight

That's potentially 31 Maids / Butlers in Nohr!

And in Invisible Kingdom, it should be much easier than Nohr to make a team of Maids and Butlers.

Edited by Carter

It should be much easier in Nohr, because some of the characters can naturally reclass to Rod Knight.

In Hoshido

Deere is a Rod Knight

Buddy Hana with Felicia

In Nohr

Elise is a Rod Knight

Foleo is a Rod Knight

Deere is a Rod Knight

Buddy Pieri with Felicia

Buddy Odin with Leo

Buddy Lutz with Deere

Marry Effie to Benoit

Marry Leo to Nyx

And in Invisible Kingdom, it should be much easier than Nohr to make a team of Maids and Butlers.

that's....a lot of maids/butlers...

Edited by GoXDS

Do accessories like the pink hat and fox tail give benefits to units in combat, or are they just purely for fun? I hope they don't give bonuses to battles outside of My Castle because I don't want my characters looking weird.

Do accessories like the pink hat and fox tail give benefits to units in combat, or are they just purely for fun? I hope they don't give bonuses to battles outside of My Castle because I don't want my characters looking weird.

They give bonuses in My Castle only. They show up in all battles though, with the exception of swimsuits, which are under your clothes and only show up in the bathouse or when someone knocks your clothes off. Edited by gayserbeam

If you use Draw to bring a stationary enemy to an adjacent position, are they still stuck in the place you summoned them to or can they move about freely?

The only reason they are stuck is if it is your turn still after using Draw. Once it is their turn, they are free to move like normal in their new location.

Edited by Psyruby

They give bonuses in My Castle only. They show up in all battles though, with the exception of swimsuits, which are under your clothes and only show up in the bathouse or when someone knocks your clothes off.

Oh, ok, so I don't have to worry about the accessory shop at all then? Sweet!

However for PvP do I have to add accessories to improve my unit's performance? Or, would the bonuses work only in the my castle map again? If so I could just choose to battle on maps other than my castle right?

Edited by Leif

If I use Draw to yoink an enemy out of a group that aggros if you're in range of even one of them, will that group still aggro come Enemy Phase?

If I use Draw to yoink an enemy out of a group that aggros if you're in range of even one of them, will that group still aggro come Enemy Phase?

If it is programmed how I think it is, everyone will probably aggro. Enemies aggro when you enter their line of sight. By moving them to yours, the same effect should be produced.

In Hoshido

Deere is a Rod Knight

Buddy Hana with Felicia

In Nohr

Elise is a Rod Knight

Foleo is a Rod Knight

Deere is a Rod Knight

Buddy Pieri with Felicia

Buddy Odin with Leo

Buddy Lutz with Deere

Marry Effie to Benoit

Marry Leo to Nyx

Oh. Yay! I will have enough Butlers and Maids! Thanks again! XD

If a unit is in Guard Stance with a unit who they have an S support with, will their portrait be blushing if you click on their face on the bottom screen?

If a unit is in Guard Stance with a unit who they have an S support with, will their portrait be blushing if you click on their face on the bottom screen?

No.

No.

Doh. Though what I meant was when you click the portrait on the bottom screen, it plays that character's attack animations, and that screen also shows that character blushing if they were paired up with their spouse in Awakening, so I thought it'd be the case here.