Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the mean time, minor comments is that I'm still waiting for the name of Garon's axe (it's in kana and..it's not exactly straightforward, much like Zephiel's Sword)

Interesting other comments. Also I really should have known that "Little Small" (the kanji of sorts) was obviously the Kodachi.

The Kodachi (aside from the Umbrella, which is oddly effective despite having 1 mt) seems to be your main throwing sword

Anybody have images for the swords though? For the Wiki and all

Hagakure seems to be a little debilitating for a sword, I mean, Ryouma's Raijin Katana is almost if not still better than it.

Bolverk is a name Odin (in mythology) used to disguise himself.

I have the icons, but every weapon shares the same icon...

I think there's two descriptions for each item, a short one which you see when you buy an item from the shop and a longer one when you click on it in your inventory. The afer battle debuffs are only shown on the latter.

Yeah, I noticed when I remembered I saw the Shuriken description in Famitsu. But I can't find it in the script dump for some reason...

Either the dumper missed the extra info or it's created dynamically...

Fortunately I found the hard data for the Kunai/Shurikens, but I've got nothing for the user-side debuffs (eg. the Silver Sword).

theres a S rank 1-4range bow. whaaaa.

okay...

Huh, where'd you see that? The S Yumi only has 2 range on my end.

Hagakure seems to be a little debilitating for a sword, I mean, Ryouma's Raijin Katana is almost if not still better than it.

Well for player phase boss killing, it is stronger than ryouma's katana, except for 5 crit, but the Hoshido and final Yato is better than it in pretty much everything but hit and avoid boost. Bbt since they both are exclusive anyway, it is still good to have for boss killing. But on it's drawback how debilitating it is kinda depends on if it it base strength or if it counts boosts, cause if it doesn't which i find the more likely option a true-blade the only non dlc class to use the sword, can only lose 15 strength at max which pretty much makes it a more accurate Hoshido Mist sword after that one attack, also it lowers killing power sure but for a sword user that is not that bad of a drawback.

Hmm, due to the new "Evade" (Critical Evade, assuming I got it correctly) stat for weapons, we're going to need to have new templates, I don't think I can add the Bolverk to the wiki like this.

Plus the fact that, all weapons are unbreakable now, so "Uses" is now not (so) relevant

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Hmm, due to the new "Evade" (Critical Evade, assuming I got it correctly) stat for weapons, we're going to need to have new templates, I don't think I can add the Bolverk to the wiki like this.

Plus the fact that, all weapons are unbreakable now, so "Uses" is now (not so) relevant

A lot of weapons affect Critical Evade, but the game itself is not consistent with how it displays it. For some weapons, the Critical Evade is listed as a full property along the lines of Mt/Hit/Crit/Avo, whereas for some it is only listed in the description. So you can just write them all in the description (at least that's what I've been doing)

So are "we" going to classify all Katanas as swords on the Wiki? Plus the Katana modifiers? (The +/- stat thingy)

For Yato/Other Katanas that boost stats, do we still add the

All Katanas grant Speed +1, Defence and Resistance -1

E.g. Yato Sky says Strength, Speed +2, so do we just use this, or we add the top bonuses?

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

So are "we" going to classify all Katanas as swords on the Wiki? Plus the Katana modifiers? (The +/- stat thingy)

For Yato/Other Katanas that boost stats, do we still add the

All Katanas grant Speed +1, Defence and Resistance -1

E.g. Yato Sky says Strength, Speed +2, so do we just use this, or we add the top bonuses?

Which wiki is this? Wikia or the private-hosted one?

For Yato, I think it's a special case and the stat boosts are added. For the other katanas, the listed stat boost overrides the default Katana boost.

Katanas are just swords for all intents and purposes. The only difference is their weapon icon.

Which wiki is this? Wikia or the private-hosted one?

For Yato, I think it's a special case and the stat boosts are added. For the other katanas, the listed stat boost overrides the default Katana boost.

Katanas are just swords for all intents and purposes. The only difference is their weapon icon.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Wikia

This one

I'm still all sorts of confused though.

Also, after finally taking into account the Throne Bonus, I think that Yato - Hoshido halves the effect of Dragonskin

(48 ATK vs 26 Def (Normally 22 damage) dealt 17 instead, which is roughly 3/4 of the original. "Roughly" anyway.

Guess we have to add the bonuses to Yato then, time to do more edits.

Also trying to add the other four weapons wielded by Kamui's Brothers. I don't know the plot, but I'm pretty much 100% certain they have a connection to Yato

So Falchions and Ragnell are unobtainables? :(

The basic Falchion comes with Marth amiibo at the very least. And it'll completely slaughter Wyvern Riders, because I'm pretty sure it's still effective on them.

It might even work on the Dragon Bosses

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

So Falchions and Ragnell are unobtainables? :(

They come equipped on the Amiibo characters, so I think it means they are locked to those characters and you can't remove the items from them.

The basic Falchion comes with Marth amiibo at the very least. And it'll completely slaughter Wyvern Riders, because I'm pretty sure it's still effective on them.

It might even work on the Dragon Bosses

They come equipped on the Amiibo characters, so I think it means they are locked to those characters and you can't remove the items from them.

Great, I like how they make DLC/Amiibo units much better than in awakening, having their unique weapons just available to them is great imo.

I think the Yatogami gets two upgrades depending on route, first to an 11 Mt version and then to a 16 Mt version. So the versions with the combined bonuses are likely for the third route.

I think the Yatogami gets two upgrades depending on route, first to an 11 Mt version and then to a 16 Mt version. So the versions with the combined bonuses are likely for the third route.

Yatogami has 3 upgrades to an 11MT and other 3 to a 16MT if i am not mistaken(each depending on route of course.

Anyone knows how much power has the true dragonstone? Yato seems very op when fully upgraded, hope that stone can keep with those stats.

Well considering (the slightest spoilers)

That the sword does not get upgraded till pretty much the end of the game (i forget the exact chapter) well at least on Nohr

i don't think the true dragonstone needs to beat the fully upgraded one, depending on when you can get true dragon-stones. But considering that the non upgraded one has 14 mgt anyway.. It might come close.

Yatogami has 3 upgrades to an 11MT and other 3 to a 16MT if i am not mistaken(each depending on route of course.

Anyone knows how much power has the true dragonstone? Yato seems very op when fully upgraded, hope that stone can keep with those stats.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say. Each route has its own upgrade path, with two instances of upgrading it: one to 11 Mt and the other to 16 Mt.

True Dragonstone has 25 Mt and 75 Hit. It gives -5 Skl, -4 Spd, +9 Def, and +7 Res. It seems to have a difficult time keeping up with even the 11 Mt Yatogami; I just give it to Kanna most of the time while Corrin uses swords.

As for timing:

I just finished Hoshido Ch25 and still have the 11 Mt Yatogami. The True Dragonstone was dropped by the Ch23 boss.

I'm more "concerned" about when the 11mt upgrade to Yato happens.

In the same vein though, I'm also not sure where you get the upgraded dragonstone.

I'm assuming it's connected to either Brynhilde or Fuujin Bow, depending on the route, due to storyline reasons. But I have no idea, the streamer I watch doesn't hover over weapons that much, so I'll just have to stare at the screen to look at the name changes

Just found the S Rank Staff by "coincidence". It's in a chest in Nohr 26

Nohr Post Chapter 26 seems to sell an unlimited supply of Seals. Stat boosters are still limited though. Though you probably still can't grind for money so I don't know (or can you?)

Yet another update.

Yato - Nohr confirmed for Nohr 27

Hai guys, I'm here yet again

Anybody know the name of this bow?

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I see

This is the description though, somewhat interesting. Adding it to the wiki now

異界の魔弓。写し身を影として生み出す。

Should have taken a screen of the S Rank Staff.

In any case Maurice's Dropbox might have a number of stuff

Ganz in Nohr 26 appears to drop the S Rank Axe

http://i.imgur.com/T6RirvC.png

Iago in Nohr 26 also appears to drop the S Rank Tome

http://i.imgur.com/GFFmJpz.png

Supposedly the relevant S Rank weapons drop in the respective sides, but it's hard to tell.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Updated Clubs through Batons and Axes through Staves for people who want a preview of these weapons before Vincent updates the main site. For the most part, weapon descriptions are available but the specific numbers are not.

So are we just going to put the new Mjollnr in the same Mjollnr page?

I've started adding the S Rank weapons to the Wiki, hope there aren't too many problems.

The locations appear to be determined for now anyway.

The Bif Staff though, seems really silly. We're gonna need to do something about that

Update: Wait the Reverse weapons are Hoshido only? I suppose they do need all the avoid they can get

Update: "One More Thing" how do we "standardize" the Item Locations? Some say the chapter name, other use the chapter number.

Plus this isn't really the place, but do we call them like...Hoshido Chapter 7? Conquest Chapter 7? Or just something like "Darkness Illuminated"? I'm using the last one right now because it seems that way though.

Update: "One More Thing~" so how are we going to explain the whole "Katanas are +1 Spd, -1 Def/Res, Naginatas give +1 Def/Res, Yumi give +2 Res? I'm not actually stating the bonuses on top of the Yato/Raijin Katana/Fuujin Bow/etc, so hmm

This is getting out of hand. Update:

So do we call the "Raijin Katana" a Sword, or a Katana? so troublesome

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

So are we just going to put the new Mjollnr in the same Mjollnr page?

I guess you can do that for now. Since the original Mjolnir doesn't exist in this game, I don't know if the localizers will necessarily have a reason to call it something different in English. The wiki can probably make a note at the beginning that "This is a different weapon in FE14", before all of the charts.

Update: "One More Thing~" so how are we going to explain the whole "Katanas are +1 Spd, -1 Def/Res, Naginatas give +1 Def/Res, Yumi give +2 Res? I'm not actually stating the bonuses on top of the Yato/Raijin Katana/Fuujin Bow/etc, so hmm

I can't think of an elegant way to address this issue that doesn't involve either 1) explicitly noting these bonuses for every single katana/naginata/etc., or 2) mentioning the innate bonuses on the pages for Katana/Naginata/etc. but making it easily missable for people who view individual weapon pages. I'd personally just settle for the first way and write a statement like "This weapon is a katana, and thus grants Spd +1 and Def/Res -1" on the page of every weapon it applies to.

This is getting out of hand. Update:

So do we call the "Raijin Katana" a Sword, or a Katana? so troublesome

Raijin Katana is a katana. I'm not sure what the problem is here? Unless you're referring to the general problem of how to classify the Hoshidan weapons, in which case I'd just write "Sword (Katana)" for the weapon type. Functionally a sword, but has katana properties.