Spoiler Free Discussion Thread

After the American's release, it's gonna be really hard for us European.

You're right man, it's gonna be impossible. This will be the only safe place in the internet. I just hope it doesn't take as long as awakening's localization(1 full year).

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite bummed about the fact that all of the weapons in the same category have the EXACT SAME sprite. The only differences are the counterparts, for example, the only two sprites for the sword category are the default ones for a Sword & Katana.

On another note, do we get Fates in the UK at the same time as America?

Edited by HappyHawlucha

I already have nightmares of that wait. Japan to West is tolerable compared to that...

Man though... Some of the thread titles here are more spoilers than I would like to know, but I guess its inevitable.

Yeah, some of those titles are basically *spoilery content*(spoilers)

I can browse pretty much freely since I've already spoiled myself (more than I wanted to thanks to the "no spoiler tags" policy that's rising on the hype thread...), but it's rude to anyone who doesn't want to get spoiled.

I'm quite bummed about the fact that all of the weapons in the same category have the EXACT SAME sprite. The only differences are the counterparts, for example, the only two sprites for the sword category are the default ones for a Sword & Katana.

On another note, do we get Fates in the UK at the same time as America?

Ugh, I know it's total BS that there are no unique weapon icons. That's my biggest complaint in the graphics department. Plus they have to have that ugly blue, red and green background. Why not reuse some of Awakening's sprites?! Did they run out of data space or something?

Edited by Leif

Ugh, I know it's total BS that there are no unique weapon icons. That's my biggest complaint in the graphics department. Plus they have to have that ugly blue, red and green background. Why not reuse some of Awakening's sprites?! Did they run out of data space or something?

I'm kind of sad about it, but I guess they thought it wasn't worth it anymore. :/

Eh, it's going to be a pain for the people who don't know japanese and wanted to differentiate the items by their icons.

Edited by B.Leu

2. Please don't have an avatar of a character that appears before chapter 5

So not before chapter 5.So it is ok if they have the final boss or something?

Also if they are avoiding spoilers how would they know that an Avatar is a fates' character?It might be from another game.

(Hope I didnt "sound" rude)

That's what I'm here for. I've spoiled a bunch of the characters already, precisely to catch avatar spoilers.

So, I won't have Internet for much of the next week...

This is gonna help me stay out of spoiler for a while.

You're welcome.

How far-off is the release date for Europe?

---

So it looks like the asset gives +10 to stat caps and flaw gives -20. If the *RKO numbers pan out similarly to Awakening, might go -Res instead (or -Def if I think I can handle it early-on).

For now, I really want to find out NA's release date. Once I learn what that is, I will worry about a lot of other details.

Also, in other thoughts, wow@Japanese Aqua's Song. Just...dang.

Edited by Blaze The Great

For now, I really want to find out NA's release date. Once I learn what that is, I will worry about a lot of other details.

Also, in other thoughts, wow@Japanese Aqua's Song. Just...dang.

IMPORTANT EDIT: On Amazon, I decided to look up Fates, and they had the English version of Conquest. Curious, I clicked on it and saw that the release date was DECEMBER 31ST, 2016!!! UGGHHH!!! I really hope this is not an official date and just a hypothetical put up by Amazon. I can't believe that that would be the actual date.

... Its a placeholder until official releases. It just means its coming out 2016 and they don't have to worry about people being pissed if they guess wrong.

Ok good. That's what I thought but I'm not an expert in the world of pre-ordering, seeing as I haven't done much before, and I kinda panicked there for a few minutes. Thanks for the clarification guys.

That's what I'm here for. I've spoiled a bunch of the characters already, precisely to catch avatar spoilers.

How far-off is the release date for Europe?

---

So it looks like the asset gives +10 to stat caps and flaw gives -20. If the *RKO numbers pan out similarly to Awakening, might go -Res instead (or -Def if I think I can handle it early-on).

Not sure, but if it's 6 months between the Japanese and US version, I'm expecting at least another 6 months.

Or it could go up to a full year .

Anyway, it would be a long wait.

Edited by Tamanoir

As a person whose been lurking these forums, I thank you so much for this spoiler free thread! Thankfully, I've managed to avoid story spoilers so far, but I've ran into small ones (I avoid the Hype Thread like the plague D: )

I'm no good with stats discussions but I'll chime in whenever I think I can contribute. From what little gameplay I've seen, this game looks really fun and I can't wait for it!

If you guys want to follow this thread while avoiding the spoiler-y titled ones in the Fates section, click on Follow This Topic at the top! You'll get a nifty notification when someone posts something in here!

Wait, does it only give +10 to the asset you pick? And same for the flaw? Damn, that's a huge difference.

This doesn't count as a spoiler since we saw the whole my room shenanigans in the Nintendo directs.

Anyway, I watched Zero's 'FE Amie' video. Good lord, I couldn't watch it without feeling incredibly weird. I started to laugh uncontrollably because the very thought of poking someone's face is too outlandish for me.

If anyone did that stuff to me, they would be roundhouse'd into early retirement.

The spoiler below does not relate to the story or involve specific character details; it's just an interesting/hilarious My Room graphical addition that I thought I'd point out. But I'll put it in a spoiler to be safe.

[spoiler=Fun Note]

When I saw the video, I noticed that the avatar's married spouse seems to camp in his/her room and hangs out with him/her. Cute...

BUT...

...they also sit and watch the Avatar do the whole touchy-feely stuff to whoever gets invited to the room. Yikes!

Edited by Leif

Wait, does it only give +10 to the asset you pick? And same for the flaw? Damn, that's a huge difference.

Asset: +10

Flaw: -20

What I don't know is how viable it is to hit those caps. 70 Speed looks sexy on paper, but if the enemies cap out at 30, it's excessive.

Asset: +10

Flaw: -20

What I don't know is how viable it is to hit those caps. 70 Speed looks sexy on paper, but if the enemies cap out at 30, it's excessive.

You sure those are stat cap adjustments and not stat growths?

You sure those are stat cap adjustments and not stat growths?

. . .that makes more sense. If that's the case, definitely going -Res.

If you guys want to follow this thread while avoiding the spoiler-y titled ones in the Fates section, click on Follow This Topic at the top! You'll get a nifty notification when someone posts something in here!

Ugh, I should have heeded this better. The topic title of a recent thread just gave me an endgame spoiler. Are we able to get this guy to censor his title so we're able to save anyone else like me who's simply trying to avoid threads with spoiler tags?

(The thread in question (Beware!): http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55103 )

EDIT: False alarm. I didn't actually read the thread and completely misconstrued the nonetheless incredibly ambiguous wording of the title. Sorry~

Edited by Ambulz

Thank you for creaing this thread. It'll surely help a lot to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

Nobody has yet talked about skills. I've seen them, and I have to say I love the new skill system. It feels much more balanced, and all the skills feel more or less useful.

I'll put some of my opinions under spoiler in case someone doesn't want to know about them.

I really like some of the new skills. Defensive Formation(both you and the enemy cannot double) is my favourite thus far, since it makes Generals so damn better at doing their jobs as tanks. The various Seals(until the next turn, -6 to the enemy's stat of the Seal), Line of Death(+10 damage inflicted and taken) and the skills about Golden Coins really interest me too.

Also, there's a new Iwata Asks about Fates! And it's completely spoiler free, so don't worry. You can find it here http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/fire-emblem-fates/0/4

While I agree that some of the threads have to be more delicately picked, apparently he's talking about the user "Endgame" who came up with an "ingenious idea", not a literal "endgame doomsday device"

...Really? I haven't read the thread, but holy crap, then that thread's title could at least be changed to be more clear about that. Geez. I almost cried.

Finally, a spoiler free thread! I'm not sure if it's wise of me to keep coming here, the whole place is like a minefield of spoilers. I happily spoiled all the characters for myself (well... I don't know anything about their personalities or their places in the story, but I always like to see what the characters look like) and some support stuff but I really don't want to know any details about the main stories. The Iwata Asks interview made me really confident about the game, I hope I don't end up expecting too much from it!

Someone asked about how to have willpower to stay away from spoilers - I always just listen to the soundtrack. I don't need to know when the tracks play in the game, the music itself is evocative enough. I haven't listened all the tracks yet - there's a playlist on Youtube with 107 tracks! - but man, it's fantastic. Really love how Hoshido and Nohr not only look, but sound different as well.

Is anyone planning on playing on Casual? I'm thinking about it, at least for Hard and Lunatic.

If I lose a character on Casual mode due to a mistake on my part I'll just reset anyway for the most part, but I feel like their are certain moments where I won't want to have to restart a whole chapter because I feel like I got screwed by RNG or that the chapter required some luck I don't feel like repeating (like that chapter in FE6 where you recruit Klein and how difficult he is to recruit depends on if he feels like moving from his initial spot or not).

Well... it makes some sense with the animation... he's not actually attacking with breath.

Oh ok then.

Thank you for your sacrifice.