Which cavaliers should I use?

I'd recommend Cain, Abel and Hardin for sure, Roshea is ok, Vyland and Matthis... need a bit of work.

Midia is basically Jeigan some time later, and also take care to look at your people who can possibly reclass into the cavalier class.

I'd recommend Cain, Abel and Hardin for sure, Roshea is ok, Vyland and Matthis... need a bit of work.

you are allowed to say they are horrible

i mean they need "a substantial" amount of work, roshea is the one that needs "a bit" of work.

Edited by Lord Raven

you are allowed to say they are horrible

i mean they need "a substantial" amount of work, roshea is the one that needs "a bit" of work.

True true, no need to sugarcoat it I guess lol.

They can't be Paladins? Whoops hah. Haven't taken a look at many of the reclassings yet.

I personally like Wolf as a Hero, but he and Sed can pretty much do anything you need them to.

Shadow Dragon's reclassing mechanic isn't complicated. Generally there's two class sets, instead of each individual having their own class.

http://serenesforest.net/shadow-dragon/classes/reclassing/

Class set 1;

Myrmidon/Swordmaster

Pegasus Knight/Dracoknight(/Falcon Knight if you use an Elysian Whip, but the character that uses it can no longer become a Dracoknight. Pegasus Knights are female only)

Cavalier/Paladin (Cavaliers are male only)

Archer/Sniper

Mage/Sage

Curate (M)/Cleric (F)/Bishop

Class set 2;

Mercenary/Hero

Knight/General

Hunter/Horseman

Pirate/Berserker

Fighter/Warrior

Dark Mage/Sorcerer

Edited by Lord Raven

Good to know, thanks! I think I'll do Cain, Abel, Hardin, Roshea, and I'll throw in Vyland just because an extra doesn't hurt.

By the way, is Castor decent at all? I kinda feel bad for not using him, since his name is actually really similar to my real name. I'm assuming Norne < Gordin < Castor < Jake.

Good to know, thanks! I think I'll do Cain, Abel, Hardin, Roshea, and I'll throw in Vyland just because an extra doesn't hurt.

By the way, is Castor decent at all? I kinda feel bad for not using him, since his name is actually really similar to my real name. I'm assuming Norne < Gordin < Castor < Jake.

I'd actually say Norne > Gordin, not the other way around. As for Castor, I dunno.

If you're bent on using something with arrows, Castor will do alright. It'll be a lot less painful than just about every class A bow-wielding unit not named Jeorge (whose redeeming grace is his bow rank).

For cavaliers, it really depends on what you want out of it. If you're on Normal, you can reclass Merric into one (his Strength will be suspect, but he'll sponge damage like no one's business after a few levels). If you want another stupidly tanky guy that takes forever to get going, Radd might work. Caeda can promote and reclass into Paladin as necessary. Otherwise, the guys you get on Chapter 1 are really good.

I didn't really find any reason to use Norne over Gordin, since Gordin has better bases and they pretty much have the same growth rates. Norne is adorable but that's really all she has over him.

Yeah, let's go and completely ignore that fact that Norne has like 20% extra speed growth over Gordin, why don't we >_>

Roshea suffers massively with his speed but kinda functions. Biraku has pretty poor bases and his growths are like Cain's but worse, but again, he functions. Matthis is pretty trashy though, his growths are on par with Roshea's for the most part but his bases are terrible. Generally it's safest to stick with Cain, Abel, Frey or Hardin, but Roshea and Biraku work if you're willing to shoot yourself in the foot a little.

With regards to archers, pretty much anyone in class A is a better archer than Gordin or Norne. Their bases suck and their growths aren't exactly amazing.